Specialty Dining Room Reservations, Platinum Level

Debbie819

I cannot seem to find out if Platinum level get you apriority when booking the specialty restaurants.

I just booked a cruise leaving in 3 weeks. I tried to makeonline reservations for Dining but all of the Specialty restaurants do not haveany time slots before 9:30pm.

Should I wait until I am on board and try and reserve anearlier time? Will the concierge help even though we are in a regular balconycabin, not a suite?

We have not cruised in years, way before you could reserveon line up to 90 day prior…

You don't get any priority unfortunately.

However, a good proportion of spaces are kept back for booking once onboard. The concierge probably won't be very interested in helping you (concierge service is a bit of a phantom perk), but it is easy enough to do by yourself.

Best do it soon after boarding. I usually just go to the reservation desk in the atrium, but there are other options, depending on which ship you are on, such as touch screens around the ship or the iconcierge app.

I cannot seem to find out if Platinum level get you apriority when booking the specialty restaurants.

I just booked a cruise leaving in 3 weeks. I tried to makeonline reservations for Dining but all of the Specialty restaurants do not haveany time slots before 9:30pm.

Should I wait until I am on board and try and reserve anearlier time? Will the concierge help even though we are in a regular balconycabin, not a suite?

We have not cruised in years, way before you could reserveon line up to 90 day prior…

Once you board the Gem, you should make your dinner reservations as soon as possible. Teppanyaki will sell out in a few hours. Prime time dining at other restaurants will sell out, except for those 9:30 reservations.

Different question asking the same lines. Can you reserve a spot online for perk platinum dinners, or do you have to wait until you get on board?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

They are booked exactly the same way as any other meal, so yes you can prebook.

The only issue is that as Moderno has a fixed charge then the system will charge you when booking. You can avoid this if you have the dining package, as long as you do the Moderno booking as one of your first few bookings.

For example, if you have a three meal dining package, make sure that you book Moderno (and Teppenyaki) as one of the first three you book.

There is more detail about it in the link in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: do the steak house and French restaurant serve before 8 PM? I could easily get Tapanaki (sp?) and la cucina reservations, but those 2 just had 8 or later slots.

They all open at the same time. Looks like those earlier slots have probably been taken for some restaurants on your sailing.

More slots will be available once you board.

Question: do the steak house and French restaurant serve before 8 PM? I could easily get Tapanaki (sp?) and la cucina reservations, but those 2 just had 8 or later slots.

All restaurants open at 5:30. Nothing before 8:00,,,, you waited too long.

Because of the problems trying to book on line or by calling we have just started booking as soon as we get on board. the restaurants as I was told by an agent when I called in a few years ago, hold about 50% of the reservations for people to book after they get on the ship. We have usually gotten the times we choose or close. I did decide to book early or so I thought for our May cruise. I tried about a month ago. Like you, I saw only late hours available.

We are platinum as well and they wanted to charge us for the reservation last month when we tried to pre-book said it would be removed once we were on board go to the desk and have charges removed. Really can't be bothered will wait until we are on board get what we get only a couple nights anyway as POA has a few over nights and will not be on board for meals these days.

Question though as I neglected to ask do both of us get 2 specialty dining perks? If they ever fix my husbands loyalty level (mixed up with our sons). Won't matter this trip but if we ever use them again for home port cruises (northeast) could make a difference on where we eat.

Thanks

We are platinum as well and they wanted to charge us for the reservation last month when we tried to pre-book said it would be removed once we were on board go to the desk and have charges removed. Really can't be bothered will wait until we are on board get what we get only a couple nights anyway as POA has a few over nights and will not be on board for meals these days.

Question though as I neglected to ask do both of us get 2 specialty dining perks? If they ever fix my husbands loyalty level (mixed up with our sons). Won't matter this trip but if we ever use them again for home port cruises (northeast) could make a difference on where we eat.

Thanks

The dining perks are per cabin, not per member, so you will get the same if it is just you that is platinum or if both of you are.

Remember you can book Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina with no charge as they are a la carte, so it is only Moderno that is a problem with regards to prebooking (and that can be avoided if you have the dining package).

How far in advance can reservations be made for specialty restaurants?

We are going in July this year and it just opened up a week ago for reservations. I kept an eye out every week since last Sept because we are early diners.

How far in advance can reservations be made for specialty restaurants?

It used to be 90 days, but I understand from posts on here that they seem to be extending it to 120 days. I haven’t been paying too much attention to those threads, but I believe that some people have reported being able to book that far out.

• 1 month later...
It used to be 90 days, but I understand from posts on here that they seem to be extending it to 120 days. I haven’t been paying too much attention to those threads, but I believe that some people have reported being able to book that far out.

My TA said that the window depends on the length of the cruise. I am having her make my final payment early since I reserved my next cruise before the payoff deadlines changed and I'm not sure if I will be able to make reservations if final payment wasn't made. I won't know until October, but I'll post my findings on the 120 days for my cruise late October.

My TA said that the window depends on the length of the cruise. I am having her make my final payment early since I reserved my next cruise before the payoff deadlines changed and I'm not sure if I will be able to make reservations if final payment wasn't made. I won't know until October, but I'll post my findings on the 120 days for my cruise late October.

My post was made a couple of months ago. Since then I have booked my meals for our August cruise, all done 120 days out.

Since the change to 120 days I haven't read any reports about people not being able to make them, so I think your TA is almost certainly wrong about it depending on the length of the cruise. It certainly appears to be 120 days for everyone (except for those in suites where it is 130 days).

With regard to final payment, ours isn't due for another month but that didn't have any impact on making reservations. However, our final payment has always been after the restaurant bookings open up and it has never been a problem. I assume you are in the US, and you may find it different. If final payment isn't actually due for you then I'd be surprised if that has an impact though.

You have access to the concierge - use it! We were able to get in to restaurants showing "sold out" or full, by called the concierge.