Cuba

KroozFoolz

Were normally last-minute cruise planners, but with a week for my birthday in April and then out wedding in September I'm sad to say we don't have any vacation time left this year. We're looking to plan something truly spectacular in 2018 for a late honeymoon. Praying these are popular sailings and they add more for 2018!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

We are currently booked on the Paradise and my daughter was planning on getting married in Grand Cayman. We have 5 rooms booked between family members on each side. We just received the email yesterday from Carnival stating our itinerary changed to Cuba--the letter states a Passport and Visa are required to visit Cuba. They're a family of 5 and don't want the added expense so we are currently looking at other options (cruises) to take.

You are restricted to doing a "People to People" tour in Cuba (supervised tour)

I have not researched Carnival's regulations but this is not true for NCL/RCCL and land vacations in Cuba. US citizens must document that their activities while on the island are educational in nature and are supposed to keep a travel log/journal for 5 years after the trip. But chances are that it will never be checked by any authorities. A Visa is required which is $75pp. But if Carnival is like the other cruise lines then you should be able to do DIY excursions in Cuba. I do notice that the Carnival cruises that I've seen are only one day and overnight in Havana and then leaving at 6am...which is a shame compared to the longer time in port that the other lines are providing.

We booked one in July this morning. Have always wanted to visit this nearby country and want to see it before it becomes the typical tourist trap or before Trump stops the visits.

Now why would Trump stop visits???? :confused:

I have never herd him say this. Just because he put a "temporary" band on current counties doesn't mean he is doing this to Cuba... By the way Obama put this same temporary band on these same countries. Plus did it 18 other times...

I think there may be quite a few years before bigger ships go there. I personally like to see the place before it becomes like Cozumel or some place like that. You can get a balcony but will be paying $3000 or more. I checked other cruise lines, seem Carnival is one of the more reasonable priced for inside and oceanview rooms.

Looking to do this trip in Sept. or Oct. and hopefully book soon. :D

Now why would Trump stop visits???? :confused:

I have never herd him say this. Just because he put a "temporary" band on current counties doesn't mean he is doing this to Cuba... By the way Obama put this same temporary band on these same countries. Plus did it 18 other times...

Do a Google search on Trump and Travel to Cuba. Most of the articles are from late November, but since it was after he was already elected, you may get some ideas. I thought I read something more recently that he was starting to get some pressure to act to curb travel and cut relations, but my brief search didn't find it.

We actually lucked into this port. We're booked on Paradise Oct. 9 to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Itinerary was changed from GC to overnight in Havana and we're definitely excited. Plus since we were already booked and Cuba requires a visa that costs $75 Carnival gave us OBC of $100 pp. Waiting to see what shore excursions they will offer

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually lucked into this port. We're booked on Paradise Oct. 9 to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Itinerary was changed from GC to overnight in Havana and we're definitely excited. Plus since we were already booked and Cuba requires a visa that costs $75 Carnival gave us OBC of $100 pp. Waiting to see what shore excursions they will offer

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's how to pull this off. You're definitely not getting any price drops now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious how they will execute this, with the visas required for the 12 types of travel, I'm sure not everyone on the changed itinerary would qualify for the stricter travel restrictions. In addition, very few credit cards working and dual currencies might be a logistical nightmare. I am wanting to go as well, but waiting for the bugs to be worked out first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app