Different desserts on Silhouette

Fishkillbill

After being on the Summit twice, last week we were on the Silhouette.

One thing, on all cruises, you don't go away hungry.

I did notice two things different on the Silhouette. There didn't seem to be any chocolate cake. What they called cake, was just pudding.

Another thing was no "sugar free" desserts. Summit always had a number of them. When I inquired on the Silhouette, I was told only the jello.

There's something rotten here....all of the celebrity ships (galapagos may be an exception) offer multiple sugar free desserts. I suggest that had you asked the food and beverage manager...or even one of the maitre d's, you would have had a different answer....and more choices.

There was chocolate cake on the everyday menu. Does it taste like chocolate cake? That is another question.

On the Silhouette, there were a number of sugar free items besides the jello.

There's something rotten here....all of the celebrity ships (galapagos may be an exception) offer multiple sugar free desserts. I suggest that had you asked the food and beverage manager...or even one of the maitre d's, you would have had a different answer....and more choices.

Sorry, I was talking about the selection at the buffet.

There was chocolate cake on the everyday menu. Does it taste like chocolate cake? That is another question.

On the Silhouette, there were a number of sugar free items besides the jello.

Yep, chocolate cake is on every menu. Order it and you will get pudding cake.

On any sailing we've been on there has always been sugar free desserts offered in the buffet at lunch time. I believe that if you asked a maître d, you would have received a different answer.

On any sailing we've been on there has always been sugar free desserts offered in the buffet at lunch time. I believe that if you asked a maître d, you would have received a different answer.

So, the two workers I asked, that were refilling the desserts wouldn't have known? Does the buffet actually have

a maître d ?

Does the buffet actually have a maître d?

In my experience, there is no single maître 'd--day after day; shift to shift--dedicated to The Oceanview. Rather, those who typically serve at other ship dining facilities [Main Dining Room, Blu and Luminae, the specialty restaurants] provide management coverage in the buffet on a rotational basis...

Edited by Xport

In my experience, there is no single maître 'd--day after day; shift to shift--dedicated to The Oceanview. Rather, those who typically serve at other ship dining facilities [Main Dining Room, Blu and Luminae, the specialty restaurants] provide coverage in the buffet on a rotational basis...

Where would you find him in Oceanview?

Where would you find him in Oceanview?

Usually circulating in the guest service areas while supervising the food service/wait staff/clean-up crews and responding to guest inquiries and suggestions... They will be professionally dressed [most are men; look for suits and ties] and wearing a Celebrity name tag...

On the rare occasion I've interacted with them, they've always been approachable and responsive...

So, the two workers I asked, that were refilling the desserts wouldn't have known? Does the buffet actually have

a maître d ?

There are language barriers with many employees. They may not have understood your questions. The people to ask are the supervisors who are actually maitre d's from Blu, Tuscan Grill, etc.

We were on Silhouette and there were several sugar free desserts. Personally, I stay clear of them..:)

There are language barriers with many employees. They may not have understood your questions. The people to ask are the supervisors who are actually maitre d's from Blu, Tuscan Grill, etc.

We were on Silhouette and there were several sugar free desserts. Personally, I stay clear of them..:)

Why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today on Eclipse the only sugar free dessert was jello. There were three gluten-free desserts.

My wife has celiac disease and I have type two diabetes. She was elated at the selection of gluten free desserts. My not so much, with no sugar free.

In my experience, there is no single maître 'd--day after day; shift to shift--dedicated to The Oceanview. Rather, those who typically serve at other ship dining facilities [Main Dining Room, Blu and Luminae, the specialty restaurants] provide management coverage in the buffet on a rotational basis...

There absolutely is a Maitre d' - perhaps two, not sure about that. We are casual friends with a waiter we knew years ago who is now the Oceanview Maitre d' on Equinox.

The problem on Silhouette was, in the Oceanview, there was no desserts marked, "sugar free" or "no sugar added". On the Summit there were a number of desserts clearly marked as such. I'm not sure what talking to the

Maitre d' would do for me.

The problem on Silhouette was, in the Oceanview, there was no desserts marked, "sugar free" or "no sugar added". On the Summit there were a number of desserts clearly marked as such. I'm not sure what talking to the

Maitre d' would do for me.

The maitre d' is supposed to be aware that there are many diabetics and folks on-board who can't eat sugar, for whatever reason....and it's his responsibility to assure that those folks are able to have a selection of foods/desserts.

More than likely, there were many more sugar free options, but the staff bringing food to the Buffet just weren't bringing them.....they needed some direction. Had I been on board, I probably would have gone up the chain, because, given their customer set, Celebrity should have had more than jello as the only dessert without sugar.

The maitre d' is supposed to be aware that there are many diabetics and folks on-board who can't eat sugar, for whatever reason....and it's his responsibility to assure that those folks are able to have a selection of foods/desserts.

More than likely, there were many more sugar free options, but the staff bringing food to the Buffet just weren't bringing them.....they needed some direction. Had I been on board, I probably would have gone up the chain, because, given their customer set, Celebrity should have had more than jello as the only dessert without sugar.

So, there were many sugar free options, put they were never put out? For the whole cruise? I guess they all went bad.