When is the best time to take Mexican Riviera cruise with least amount of kids?

Desertliving

We are planning a cruise to the Mexican Riviera out of San Pedro and would like to book it for a time when kids are in school. The last cruise we went on there was a ship load of children. It was hard to find a nice quiet place the whole trip. Can anyone offer any input? Thanks!

We did this itinerary one year and it was the week BEFORE

Winter break; so, before schools let out for vacation. Cruise fares

were low and so were the children counts. It is also a cooler time

of the year, but warm in those areas.

We tend to cruise in Feb and Sept, the time of year my hubby can get off work. Thankfully, almost child-free. But we have done a couple in April and May, which were almost child-free too.

I guess I'm saying as long as the majority of schools are in session, there shouldn't be many kids on board.

Our Panama Canal cruise that left on January 8 had only 9 children on board. Our Norway cruise that left on May 17 also had very few children. In addition to the summer, bear in mind that spring break can cover a lot of weeks, plus thanksgiving and Christmas. Good luck

We are planning a cruise to the Mexican Riviera out of San Pedro and would like to book it for a time when kids are in school. The last cruise we went on there was a ship load of children. It was hard to find a nice quiet place the whole trip. Can anyone offer any input? Thanks!

In general U.S. elementary and secondary schools, 5 year to 18 year old youth, begin their school year late August or early September and end the year around mid May to Mid June. Many schools have extended holidays at Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year, President's day and the week that follows. Besides summer these are busy times for family vacations. The weeks prior to and after Easter are also popular as many schools have vacations at that time. Other schools schedule a spring vacation that may or may not coincide with Easter. Colleges tend to have spring breaks in March. But, college students in general do not have funds for a week long cruise.

If you take a U.S. based cruise when youth are NOT in school you have a good chance of finding lots of families. Families tend to stick with the 7 day or shorter voyages. Longer cruises have less families. Summer RT Alaska cruises can be the exception.

I teach in Southern California and I have the least amount of absences in early November, early December and early and mid January. Once the presidents birthdays begin, more parents begin to pull students for vacations. Parents might extend Thanksgiving or winter break by a few days but not much more then that so I would suggest those times. It is easy to check when schools are in session by checking their website. All local school districts publish their calendar online. Since you are considering San Pedro I would consult the LA , San Diego and Capistrano school district. Those are the largest in the southern California region. All of this being said, I had 7 students pulled last year for 1 and 2 week cruises mid year. That was a record for me. I think cruising is gaining popularity in our region and parents will pull for a great deal, but it isn't the norm. Good Luck and happy cruising!

As above, any time traditional schools are in session. Avoid the week of President's Day, and from the beginning of March onward, various schools have spring breaks. Colleges start to get out in early May.

Any cruise longer than 7 nights will have fewer kids.

We actually love cruising right after Labor Day. Kid count is low till the end of October...when the entire state of New Jersey has a week off. Other kids have fall break late in October, and parents may extend that to a week. First couple weeks of November and December are also good...as is January till mid Feb.

Good weather Dec-Apr.

hurricane season Sept-Oct and extremely HOT.

We’ve had to outrun Category 3’s a couple times during Sept/Oct.

we’ve gone in Feb and March a few times and haven’t experienced too many kids. We do avoid the Easter weeks though. [emoji79]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk