Bracelet Rather Than Card On Seaside?

stoddaj1

That wouldn't be bad during the day, but I just can't imagine my husband hooking a rubber bracelet to his belt loop with his tux on gala night. I don't want to wear it either. Dresses don't have pockets and I have no need for a purse on a cruise. I guess basically, I just don't want to wear one anywhere on my person, lol.

Does anyone know (maybe I missed it) if guests are given a choice of using a cruise card on Meraviglia? I think things will be similar on Seaside. Whatever the case, I'm sure we'll manage.:)

We had this as a free option on our first Royal Caribbean cruise but it wasn't available on the other 4 RC cruises we've done. Just my two cents but to me they're much preferable to the cards. If you don't want it on your wrist, you can easily hook it to a belt loop or around a strap. Waterproof, too so you never have to worry about leaving it when you go in to swim or sit in the hot tub. Just take it right in there with you.

That wouldn't be bad during the day, but I just can't imagine my husband hooking a rubber bracelet to his belt loop with his tux on gala night. I don't want to wear it either. Dresses don't have pockets and I have no need for a purse on a cruise. I guess basically, I just don't want to wear one anywhere on my person, lol.

Does anyone know (maybe I missed it) if guests are given a choice of using a cruise card on Meraviglia? I think things will be similar on Seaside. Whatever the case, I'm sure we'll manage.:)

certainly in the Yacht Club it was a free choice, except for getting on/off the ship, where your card must be used

Pete

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2017 at 9:24 AM, Skier52 said:

certainly in the Yacht Club it was a free choice, except for getting on/off the ship, where your card must be used

Pete

@Skier52

Hi Pete...

do you know if this technology has improved for getting off/on ship

and can it be used to call the elevator?

TYIA

fog

9 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The bracelet can prioritize certain elevators for Yacht Club guests.

AFAIK, a card is still needed to exit/enter the ship. 

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

@Skier52

Hi Pete...

TYIA

fog

I think your question has been answered by people who have more recent knowledge of the bracelets in the posts immediately above

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

@Skier52

Hi Pete...

TYIA

fog

Hi Fogfog as I have said in your other post re the Miami parking things can change before your cruise next year , as Skier 52 has said things have changed since his last experience. The bracelets are another thing that can improve 

20 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Hi Fogfog as I have said in your other post re the Miami parking things can change before your cruise next year , as Skier 52 has said things have changed since his last experience. The bracelets are another thing that can improve 

TY

And this was the most recent thread I could find using the search function.

Appreciate you're following up on other peoples comments/advice 

On 10/19/2017 at 5:05 PM, Bra_BE2014 said:

I absolutely loved my bracelet and used it everyday.

Never have again a worry of needing lanyards or clothes with pockets or handbags to carry a cruise card!

2bd2d809fac9e4eaf5693c4c111e6c9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So Naff, can't imagine wearing one of these in the evenings with my double cuff shirt, cufflinks and jacket. Not to forget, that it would certainly clash with my Rolex. 😉  Then again, MSC folks don't really bother dressing up in the evenings .  

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

Seems too much like wearing your cruise card on a lanyard around your neck.  I guess it would stimulate conversations about what the YC is like, etc.

Can never understand this lanyard business. Why on earth some folks on cruise ships go in for this idea baffles me. Had to wear one at work or attending corporate events, couldn't wait to take it off. 

JMO but I think the lanyard has one of two purposes:  for those who can't keep track of their card and for those who want to announce to the other passengers what their cruiseline status is.  Guess those YC wristbands would look a little more elegant than a lanyard!

Edited by gadaboutgal

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

On Seaside the wristbands do open the stateroom doors.  Pretty much used for everything except on and off ship.

I found the wristband very convenient, especially for the stateroom doors.

We used them on the Seaside and loved them. Especially nice for the kids to run back and forth from the room without me having to dig their cards out of my pockets all the time.

If you don't like them, use the cards. No bid deal.