Anthem and Noro - sailing today?

My brother refers to children as "disease distribution units."

Or, "seasoned germ spreaders"!:evilsmile:

Kids are great at touching everything and putting everything into their mouths.:( Pity the poor adults who are completely unaware until they start feeling ill.

MARAPRINCE

Or, "seasoned germ spreaders"!:evilsmile:

Kids are great at touching everything and putting everything into their mouths.:( Pity the poor adults who are completely unaware until they start feeling ill.

MARAPRINCE

Adults are just as bad, if not worse. We were eating in the WJ and saw a couple with plates of cookies, eating them as they were waiting in line for the hard scoop ice cream. Woman ate everything on her plate, licked her fingers and then picked up the ladle for the bread pudding. She scooped some, looked at it and put it back. Before I could get there to tell the crew member who was scooping the ice cream to pull the spoon and pudding, another man, innocently took some bread pudding, then also took a little of the next two desserts, transferring whatever germs he got from the original spoon to the next ones.

This was just last week on Anthem, one of the sailings having noro issues. With clueless people like this, no wonder they are having problems getting rid of this nasty virus.

Adults are just as bad, if not worse. We were eating in the WJ and saw a couple with plates of cookies, eating them as they were waiting in line for the hard scoop ice cream. Woman ate everything on her plate, licked her fingers and then picked up the ladle for the bread pudding. She scooped some, looked at it and put it back. Before I could get there to tell the crew member who was scooping the ice cream to pull the spoon and pudding, another man, innocently took some bread pudding, then also took a little of the next two desserts, transferring whatever germs he got from the original spoon to the next ones.

This was just last week on Anthem, one of the sailings having noro issues. With clueless people like this, no wonder they are having problems getting rid of this nasty virus.

Reallyitsmema, just checking in this week. I’ve also walked back to our cabin from 270 and have found no signs of yellow tape on the doors on our section of 6 this week. I have not heard anything about sickness yet either.

Surprisingly, it’s still self serve in the WJ. Ice cream on the deck is not self serve and they make you wash your hands before they will serve you a cone. Iced water and tea stations in 270 and the promenade are not self serve although the WJ does allow you to serve yourself your drinks. They are still sanitizing and I can see where a person with breathing issues could be bothered, especially in an elevator that has soaking wet walls. Not complaining here though. We’re enjoying ourselves.

Reallyitsmema, just checking in this week. I’ve also walked back to our cabin from 270 and have found no signs of yellow tape on the doors on our section of 6 this week. I have not heard anything about sickness yet either.

Surprisingly, it’s still self serve in the WJ. Ice cream on the deck is not self serve and they make you wash your hands before they will serve you a cone. Iced water and tea stations in 270 and the promenade are not self serve although the WJ does allow you to serve yourself your drinks. They are still sanitizing and I can see where a person with breathing issues could be bothered, especially in an elevator that has soaking wet walls. Not complaining here though. We’re enjoying ourselves.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you are enjoying your cruise, hopefully, they have finally turned a corner and things can return to normal soon.

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!:)

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you are enjoying your cruise, hopefully, they have finally turned a corner and things can return to normal soon.

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise!:)

Uh oh. I just got the delayed boarding email for the 11/25 cruise.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Saturday, November 25th, sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty.

During the current sailing, some guests onboard experienced gastrointestinal illness. In an abundance of caution, we are conducting enhanced sanitizing onboard the ship and within the cruise terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting your cruise.

The sanitizing process will cause a delay in check-in and boarding. Check in for your sailing will take place between 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM and boarding will begin at 12:00 PM. Seating within the terminal is limited. We ask that guests do not arrive to the pier prior to 11:30 AM.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Anthem of the Seas.

Uh oh. I just got the delayed boarding email for the 11/25 cruise.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS We would like to provide you with some important information regarding your Saturday, November 25th, sailing onboard Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty.

During the current sailing, some guests onboard experienced gastrointestinal illness. In an abundance of caution, we are conducting enhanced sanitizing onboard the ship and within the cruise terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting your cruise.

The sanitizing process will cause a delay in check-in and boarding. Check in for your sailing will take place between 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM and boarding will begin at 12:00 PM. Seating within the terminal is limited. We ask that guests do not arrive to the pier prior to 11:30 AM.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Anthem of the Seas.

Well, that is not good. Maybe it is them just be extra cautious.

I checked the CDC site and Anthem is not listed under outbreak updates, so the numbers are still low.

Stay healthy!

Does anyone know what time the Anthem left the port last Saturday. Did it leave at 3PM?

We just received a delayed boarding notice ( like last week) and was wondering if that also meant the cruise left after the scheduled 3PM departure time.

Thanks ....

Does anyone know what time the Anthem left the port last Saturday. Did it leave at 3PM?

We just received a delayed boarding notice ( like last week) and was wondering if that also meant the cruise left after the scheduled 3PM departure time.

Thanks ....

Pretty sure we departed on time. Rooms weren’t all ready but they gave us access at 2:30 just as we were getting booted by our cabin steward to make us get to muster.

That would be great if it is finally gone.

Can you use the freestyle machines yourself or get drinks yourself in Cafe Promenade and Cafe 270? Are there still cleaners walking around with buckets soaking every railing and surface then can find?

Yes. You can

I think they finally turned a corner, the vacuums came back this am. Our room attendant said they are still deep cleaning tomorrow just to make sure but it is def better than the last 3 weeks (despite the 1200 kids on this sailing).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they finally turned a corner, the vacuums came back this am. Our room attendant said they are still deep cleaning tomorrow just to make sure but it is def better than the last 3 weeks (despite the 1200 kids on this sailing).

Y'all had 1200 kids on this sailing too?? Dang - Are they all named Ferris? Or is the entire northeast a home schooled community?

We have 4 kids that are home schooled (well 1 is now in college but the other 3 are home schooled) and we are on the Dec 14th sailing. All of us as a family are not really looking forward to lots of kids. But I guess that is just the nature of sailing out of NJ/NY. I wonder how many kids are on the Nov 25th sailing? I'm going to guess not many on the Dec 2nd 12 nighter.

-Sean

PS - Oooops... I just realized it was a holiday week for public school kids with Thanksgiving yesterday.... Shows you how much we pay attention to the school calendar.

Ughhh...Booked Thanksgiving week for 2018, hoping there wouldn't be so many kids...I guess that was wishful thinking on my part! Really liked the 8 night deal. Hmmmm....what to do...what to do...?

Many kids on this thanksgiving trip, mostly from the surrounding states.