Anthem and Noro - sailing today?

You really think they are going to check in and board 4000+ people in 2 hours? How will the driving around the pier handle that? They are banking on people showing up earlier and waiting around. I’m happy to wait in the car in the parking garage :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our friends "got there" at 1pm but waited in the car line for about 40 minutes.;p

I would not come too early because they are bringing on more help to clean. I counted 5 cabins near us with yellow stickers on them and there are others who always show do not disturb. I did check the two numbers that people asked me to check and neither is currently quarantined.

Could you walk past 6636 and 6642 please looking for the yellow sticker? We’re doing a b2b and have had Noro in the past and admit I’m paranoid. They are not far from the elevators and are located on the hump starboard side.

I would not come too early because they are bringing on more help to clean. I counted 5 cabins near us with yellow stickers on them and there are others who always show do not disturb. I did check the two numbers that people asked me to check and neither is currently quarantined.

Can you check room 6162? We are getting on tomorrow.

I wish I knew about the yellow stickers when I was on my cruise. I would have checked for them.

I wish I knew about the yellow stickers when I was on my cruise. I would have checked for them.

They look like a square piece of yellow duct tape up high on a door. You would notice them if you saw them.

I have pictures. I will post one later.

I had checked cabins on 7 near us, will try to check 6 later if we have time. We are just trying to stay away from cabin corridors as much as possible.

They look like a square piece of yellow duct tape up high on a door. You would notice them if you saw them.

I have pictures. I will post one later.

I had checked cabins on 7 near us, will try to check 6 later if we have time. We are just trying to stay away from cabin corridors as much as possible.

I certainly understand and appreciate your position.

I certainly understand and appreciate your position.

We just finished lunch at cafe 270 and remembered the secret door to the deck 6 cabin corridor, so we just checked things out for both of you.

We went from all the way aft on 6, up to cruise keeper’s cabins and saw NO stickers.

We crossed at the elevator lobby to other corridor and walked to jlas000 cabin. We saw 4 stickers with the closest being 6180. We exited corridor at the forward elevator lobby so did not go looking to see anything else.

Will post pictures from home since file size is too big and I can’t figure how to resize in cc using safari.

We just finished lunch at cafe 270 and remembered the secret door to the deck 6 cabin corridor, so we just checked things out for both of you.

We went from all the way aft on 6, up to cruise keeper’s cabins and saw NO stickers.

We crossed at the elevator lobby to other corridor and walked to jlas000 cabin. We saw 4 stickers with the closest being 6180. We exited corridor at the forward elevator lobby so did not go looking to see anything else.

Will post pictures from home since file size is too big and I can’t figure how to resize in cc using safari.

That was so cool and brave of you to check that out for us, DH and I really appreciate it. Feeling a bit better now.

If you are still up can you walk by 7660 and 7662 please

Looking forward to hearing reports from this sailing so we can compare experiences. We were originally supposed to be on this one, but switched to the 11/4 sailing because we got a better deal.

I hope no one gets sick, and I'm also hoping anyone who has gotten sick on the last few Anthem cruises is now feeling much better.

I of course cannot speak for everybody, but aside from reminders to wash and sanitize hands I don’t hear any talks about Noro. Knock on the woods ... hopefully Noro is gone for good.

I of course cannot speak for everybody, but aside from reminders to wash and sanitize hands I don’t hear any talks about Noro. Knock on the woods ... hopefully Noro is gone for good.

I hope so too!!! We are sailing on Sat 11/25. Hopefully it will all be taken care of by then

That would be great if it is finally gone.

Can you use the freestyle machines yourself or get drinks yourself in Cafe Promenade and Cafe 270? Are there still cleaners walking around with buckets soaking every railing and surface then can find?

We are in Windjammer... At first we thought tables were not cleaned properly (sticky), but staff explained us that it is special anti-norovirus stuff.

In hindsight, on our 10/28 sailing we also found the chair arms and tables sticky in the WJ on boarding day but passed it off as poor cleaning. So it seems that Noro was present on the previous sailing to the 10/28 voyage and progressively picked up more victims with each subsequent sailing.:o

Just remember not everyone who gets Noro sympthoms will get it as serverly as others. Some may fully experience it once they have returned home.

Keep washing your hands and watch out for unsanitary behavior especially in food areas where utensils are used by everyone.

MARAPRINCE

as noted above, it seems likely that it spread so fast due to the large number of children onboard on break from NJ schools. But I would say that the Anthem crew handled it reasonably well.

My brother refers to children as "disease distribution units."

DS (10 mo) and DW got sick on the cruise but medical said given symptoms it was not a concern to need for quarantine. I did report to our SA that DS had thrown up, and a team of two cleaners showed up wearing filter masks along with a supervisor to tell them what to do. Cleaned the entire bathroom, did a spot clean of the spot on the floor and replaced the playpen.

We got the same email about not arriving for embarkation until after 12, but I spoke to other pax who said they were onboard by 10.

Lower on the list of problems, but interesting... Couldn't get a mojito because there were no limes. Not sure about the relation to the sickness protocols though. One bar had limes and told me they had got special clearance. Another bar still said no limes. (Actually I'm going to ask that as a separate question.) Plus one of the MDR dishes was served with lime on the side.