NCL - Stock perks?

We considered doing this until NCL told us the $100 OBC was not combinable with ANY special sale or fare. That the price you paid had to be the standard price. Have they finally come to their senses and let you use the OBC no matter how much you pay for the cruise?

yes, that was the policy, but it was changed about 4 years ago. The only time they said NO, to us they did give us a voucher for a specialty dining room with a bottle of wine. Not as much as the $100 but close enough. We were happy.

Don't think it is worth having the stock just for that small perk. I do have stock, looking money and the box not that great

If you bought it not so long ago, as we did, when it was in the low 30's. It's a great value. We take 4 cruises a year.Just the perk is more than a 10% return.

1. What is the shareholder benefit?$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 or more days.$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 days.$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 days or less.Offer valid for any cruise vacation on Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® or Regent Seven SeasCruises®, excluding any charter sailings. Additional terms and conditions may apply.2. Who is eligible for this benefit?This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of NorwegianCruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) at time of sailing.3. How do I redeem this benefit?To redeem this special offer, simply complete the Shareholder Benefit Request Form which is availableon the Investor Relations website at www.nclhltdinvestor.com and mail or email with accompanyingdocumentation. You will be asked to provide your name, address, email address, telephone number,reservation number, ship and sailing date along with a photocopy of your shareholder proxy card orphotocopy of a current brokerage statement (brokerage account number must be blacked out beforesubmitting) showing proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.(NCLH). All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date.

You do know that you are responding to a question posted in July 2008 (9 years ago)?

Market close on Friday had NCLH (NCL Holdings) at $57.85

not bad for those that have purchased the stock for far less.

Bases on 100 shares of NCL stock - minimum requirement for

the stockholder OBC offer.

If you travel once on NCL that $100 OBC works out to be

the same as if a $0.25 quarterly dividend paid.

The more frequently you travel on NCL and you can get the

$100 OBC on each and every NCL cruise changes the

yield return.

Still yet this does not match the Carnival and Royal Caribbean

lines offers of dividends and OBC.

Carnival stock close at $70.01 quarterly dividend $0.45

Royal Caribbean stock close at $127.53 Q dividend $0.60

Then again this is relevant to comparing apples and oranges

Nice to have your money tied up in stocks if this is doing you

some good.

I purchased 100 shares of the stock just for the OBC. If you cruise regularly it's a no brainer.

I didn't purchase just for that, but seeing it is our cruise line of choice after over 40 cruises on all main stream lines, the $100 is certainly is something we considered. We used to cruse more often so it was a really good deal for us and we bought when the stock was about 1/2 of what it is now.

• 5 months later...
Also own the stock. Has been profitable as well as nice for the OBC. I am impressed how quickly they posted the credit. It was less than 1 hour after emailing the form and statement.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

So the "15 days prior" requirement is just a contractual CYA and it can be done quicker? I book kinda last minute often.