Need early am espresso

BoofromCO

I have previously sailed Equinox and will be on the ship again. Anyone have any suggestions for getting early espresso? I usually waited at Cafe al Bacio at 6am but want to know if it is available any earlier! We will be in a suite and I wondered if Michaels club is available for espresso earlier or can our butler bring us some earlier? I am up at 4am at home and usually don’t “sleep in” on vacation past 5am!

I don't think Michaels Club will be staffed before 6:30 or 7 unless you have a early arrival in a port.

Room Service may be your best option but there is a charge for room service. I believe the charge is for delivery between 11pm to 6 am. I could be off a bit on the times.

Michael's Club (at least on M-Class ships) has a coffee machine you can use during hours it is not staffed (it won't be that early in the morning). If you do not want to make it yourself, room service would be only option (not sure if you can order espresso or just regular coffee though). The fee is waived for suites. While a butler may agree to deliver this, personally I would be reticent to ask - they need their sleep too.

Michael's Club (at least on M-Class ships) has a coffee machine you can use during hours it is not staffed (it won't be that early in the morning). If you do not want to make it yourself, room service would be only option (not sure if you can order espresso or just regular coffee though). The fee is waived for suites. While a butler may agree to deliver this, personally I would be reticent to ask - they need their sleep too.

I thought all staterooms have free room service?

I thought all staterooms have free room service?

There is a late night fee for room service (mentioned by a previous poster this thread): that is what I was referencing. Aside from that, expresses typically incur a charge, but suites include complimentary espresso drinks in suite - typically this is brought by the butler, but not something I would think they generally do super early in the day.

We were in a suite on the last cruise and I assumed it would have been the butler so I never asked because I was already asking for room service around 7am. So I agree I don’t want to burden him at my early hour! It is just a hard routine to change even away from home and I prefer espresso drinks first thing over bland regular coffee. If anyone has tried to get plain espresso via room service I’d love to hear.

Why not buy a thermos/mug and fill up the night before?

I have a relatively low cost travel mug that keeps things hot for around 12 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Why not buy a thermos/mug and fill up the night before?

I have a relatively low cost travel mug that keeps things hot for around 12 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Espresso is really at its best when it’s fresh. The thought of 12-hour-old espresso is a bit off-putting, and the thought of a huge thermos mug of it is downright frightening! :D

Espresso is really at its best when it’s fresh. The thought of 12-hour-old espresso is a bit off-putting, and the thought of a huge thermos mug of it is downright frightening! :D

I agree to that as I drink my fresh 6 shot espresso at 4:15am!

I agree to that as I drink my fresh 6 shot espresso at 4:15am!

Wow, you really start the day fully caffeinated! I’m a one-shot espresso drinker. Sometimes, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, I’ll have two. :)

Wow, you really start the day fully caffeinated! I’m a one-shot espresso drinker. Sometimes, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, I’ll have two. :)

Maybe, maybe not, see below.

https://www.consumerreports.org/coffee/is-there-more-caffeine-in-espresso-than-in-coffee/

I had always heard you got less caffeine in espresso, turns out it could be about the same if it is one shot to one cup of coffee, less caffeine in espresso if drink big coffees.

Of course, who drinks just one espresso?

Maybe, maybe not, see below.

https://www.consumerreports.org/coffee/is-there-more-caffeine-in-espresso-than-in-coffee/

I had always heard you got less caffeine in espresso, turns out it could be about the same if it is one shot to one cup of coffee, less caffeine in espresso if drink big coffees.

Of course, who drinks just one espresso?

Me, usually! And often I’ll have a ristretto (same caffeine, less water, so even smaller.) Although in the morning, I am partial to a second cappuccino, I’ll admit. I’ve always assumed an espresso has the same caffeine as a regular coffee, or close. Six would have me pinging off the walls.

There is a lot of back and forth on caffeine quantity between reg coffee and espresso! I prefer not to drink so many cups of coffee but get my little dose with the strong flavor. It’s all my caffeine for the day though no more in any form soda, tea, or more coffee.

If you drink a coffee Americano from Café al Bacio, it's basically a double espresso with hot water added to fill up the cup

I usually go there first thing in the morning for my double espresso followed by a to-go coffee Americano to get ready for breakfast.