Duty Free Cigarettes on board NCL

winakork

Does anyone have any idea of the cost of a carton of cigarettes onboard an NCL cruise, Pall Mall or Marlboro.

Looking to see if it is worth waiting till onboard, or bringing from home.

I know when we sailed on Carnival, they were around $20-$25 per carton, which is way better than $85 up here in Connecticut.

Thx in advance.

I don't smoke but friends do so I looked when I cruised last year, I want to say it was about $35 and it got cheaper the more you bought

I second this as regards to Marlboro price......No way will you find Marlboro ONBOARD cheaper than $30 and then you may have to purchase a 4-carton package to get it at that price.

Just off the Dawn, marb lights were $47.99 per carton. If you bought two then you could get 10% off. If you bought 3 then you get a higher percentage off. Still cheaper than home, but the prices continue to rise each year!

When on the Gem in Feb, there were no Marlboro products on the ship, and they were $35 in St Thomas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just learned that cigarettes are less expensive on ships sailing out of Miami than those sailing from New York.

Miami prices average $34/carton and if you buy three cartons, you get one free. New York prices are about $48/per from what I was told.

Tracy

4 cartons for $128.00 FYI you can claim extra cigarettes and take as many home as you like, just make sure to claim them (they can confiscate all of them if you do not claim them on the form) the extra cartons are $10.00 duty, sometimes they charge it, sometimes they don’t. Still well worth picking up extras to bring home.

Just a comment on buying cigarettes in Mexico, it is my understanding that cigarettes sold in Mexico are manufactured in Mexico and do not taste the same as their USA equivalents. My suggestion would be to buy one pack and try it before buying in bulk.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone recently cruising know if Duty Free stocks American Spirit cigarettes? My wife was sold the lie that they are a "healthier" alternative. We leave in 4 days and trying to decide if I bring a carton or gamble the ship or Cozumel

The Gem did not sell them in March, but we found them on St Kitts, Antigua, and Barbados...that doesn't really answer your question for Cozumel, but we did find them on islands...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Really appreciate the prompt response. Will just split the difference, bring 5 packs and hope for Cozumel or Duty Free day 2. Maybe even convert her to Marlboros so I save $3 a day when she gets home, lol.:p:p :p:p