Am I forgetting anything?

jeeperzz

2nd cruise for me, but first time actually booking it. Its a surprise xmas gift for gf, her first cruise.

Have read for hours on here for tips and things. Here is my list of major to do things. Anyone care to give it a go over?

7 day Caribbean on carnival in Feb18.

Passports are good.

Driving 7 hours to Galveston day before.

Hotel booked in Galveston for that night.

Parking reserved across from terminal.

Cruise Tickets paid in full

Excursions and spa scheduled and paid

Case of water ordered for room

Still deciding on drink package but will do so before end of dec.

Dinner reservation requested but not answered yet.

Online Check-in almost done except for her passport info.

Have towel clips, magnets, reusable stainless water bottles. non surge protected power strip.

I have all my sunblocking stuff

other than when it's time for packing clothes and gadgets, i cant think of anything else???

Camera if not using phones.

Waterproof cases for camera/phones etc.

I threw in at last minute and was really glad I did, one of those fabric fold up boxes. It went a long way to keep all the little junk (cables and chargers, snacks, cards etc) all in one place and not scattered everywhere. I also put a small bag I couldn't pack without (DHs CPAP case) in safe, with passports, extra cash, etc inside, so I didn't forget to empty safe on the last day. Decided to do that after I read all the stories here about stuff people found in their safe when unpacking.

2nd cruise for me, but first time actually booking it. Its a surprise xmas gift for gf, her first cruise.

Have read for hours on here for tips and things. Here is my list of major to do things. Anyone care to give it a go over?

Passports are good.

Have towel clips, magnets, reusable stainless water bottles. non surge protected power strip.

other than when it's time for packing clothes and gadgets, i cant think of anything else???

Fold up laundry bag. You can get them at the dollar store. They fold flat so you can put on the bottom of your suitcase. When not flattened it stands up. Use to keep laundry, shoes, stuff

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

A small med kit - Aspirin/ibuprofen/Tylenol, kaopectate, Band-Aids, emergency dental adhesive, etc.

You can get most/all of this onboard but you'd pay high prices for any one item.

(This is going to turn into another "What's the one thing..." thread. :) )

Ziploc bags for storing snacks/leftovers, mesh backpack for excursions (water, towel, sunscreen), Post-it Notes pad, ballpoint pen, small flashlight, envelopes for tips, insect repellent, power supply for cellphone charging, and small bills for tips,

I bring a small, collapsible, insulated cooler to hold more ice than Room Stewards normally provide.

Passports are good.

You should not have asked. You have opened a can of worms. You will now get 500+ posts of absolutely useless stuff that you can not do without.

DON

Depending on how far you are driving to Galveston, get your car & tires checked before you drive. Sometimes we use a rental car when we drive and book that ahead of time. Be sure to have toll change/cash on hand. Maybe you can ask friends/family to give her OBC for her Christmas present... but that could be risky if she hears that from them first then you try to surprise her.

You should not have asked. You have opened a can of worms. You will now get 500+ posts of absolutely useless stuff that you can not do without.

DON

Totally agree! That being said, if you are going to be doing more cruising, I'd suggest the magnetic hooks so you can dry stuff.

If both or either of you take prescription medications, make certain that you have enough for the road trips, cruise and extra (I always pack at least 5 extra days of medications) -- just in case something happens and you don't get home right away.

Make certain someone at home has the emergency number for your ship in case something happens at home.

DON

Hahaha:') No I actually enjoy seeing everyone's ideas and reminders.

I do have a tiny travel first aid kit from backpacking, and always pack my daily meds with extras. We will have someone watching pets and house so that's covered. I have magnetic clips and hooks. (i kind of have a magnet addiction so me and kjmagnetics store are almost on a first name basis). Travel laundry bags

Things i didnt think about and someone mentioned:

Will pack some deet wipes for jungle excursion.

Little clutter bag for cables and change and such.

Gallon ziplock bags

I know you mentioned sunscreen etc, but also Aloe or another sunburn reliever just in case the sunscreen doesn't quite do it's job. You are a lot closer to the sun than you normally are and we spent way too much money, and way too much time searching some out at a port of call after DH got burned on the first at sea day.

I know you mentioned sunscreen etc, but also Aloe or another sunburn reliever just in case the sunscreen doesn't quite do it's job. You are a lot closer to the sun than you normally are and we spent way too much money, and way too much time searching some out at a port of call after DH got burned on the first at sea day.

Thanks, good idea.

I have had numerous cancers/melanomas removed so i wear long sleeve UV swimshirts, UV hats and UV clothes and also 100spf sunblock. I was a beach bum kid all my life and then worked in the south pacific for many years disregarding sun protection the first 30 years of my life. Now I am older, a little wiser, and a LOT paler. I love being outside but its constantly trying to kill me...lol

Flip Flops for lounging around the pool

Deck of cards to go with that nightcap on the cabin balcony as the sun goes down

A good book/magazine (or several on a tablet)

Good selection of music on mobile device (and don't forget earphones) when relaxing on the deck

Binoculars to take in the sights as you cruise by the coasts

(if you intend to purchase wine/alcohol from the ports of call for consumption in your cabin) plastic wine glasses

Hahaha:') No I actually enjoy seeing everyone's ideas and reminders.

I do have a tiny travel first aid kit from backpacking, and always pack my daily meds with extras. We will have someone watching pets and house so that's covered. I have magnetic clips and hooks. (i kind of have a magnet addiction so me and kjmagnetics store are almost on a first name basis). Travel laundry bags

Things i didnt think about and someone mentioned:

Will pack some deet wipes for jungle excursion.

Little clutter bag for cables and change and such.

Gallon ziplock bags

WRT the gallon ziplock... I pack all of my clothes in ziplocks. Compressed to remove air. Makes packing easier, means less mess if TSA decides to do a search of the luggage, makes it easier to organize clothes on arrival aboard. And possibly reduces wrinkles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WRT the gallon ziplock... I pack all of my clothes in ziplocks. Compressed to remove air. Makes packing easier, means less mess if TSA decides to do a search of the luggage, makes it easier to organize clothes on arrival aboard. And possibly reduces wrinkles.
If you can find them, 2-gallon ziplocks are big enough for a folded shirt or all of the dinner menus that your waiter will save for you if you ask.