NCL EPIC - Two Bowling alleys?

mrsfuzzmo

Well, that's strange because I see in the Gallery for NCL EPIC right on the NCL Site that there is a bowling alley in O'Sheehans. It's even on the deck plans. I'm guessing when I searched for Bliss Ultra Lounge, I saw photos of the Alley on the Bliss.

Yes there are bowling ally. It's just the ball doesn't feel act like a bowling ball does. Hard to explain. I love bowling but whatever is on the ship isn't real or feel like bowling

Yes there are bowling ally. It's just the ball doesn't feel act like a bowling ball does. Hard to explain. I love bowling but whatever is on the ship isn't real or feel like bowling

And aren’t the pins attached to strings? And is t it much shorter than a normal lane? Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there really two different bowling areas on the NCL EPIC? I'm reading there's one in the Bliss Lounge AND in O'Sheehans. Is that right?

The bowling alley in Bliss was removed during the October 2015 dry dock.

Just so you are aware it’s not really a bowling alley as one might normally imagine.

Incorrect. It is a "pretty normal" bowling alley. Not the game bowling alley on the -away class ships. The bowling alley in the Bliss Lounge was removed and the Bliss demo'ed and rebuilt during the last dry dock. Much nicer now.

Incorrect. It is a "pretty normal" bowling alley. Not the game bowling alley on the -away class ships. The bowling alley in the Bliss Lounge was removed and the Bliss demo'ed and rebuilt during the last dry dock. Much nicer now.

So the pins aren’t attached to strings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason the ball doesn’t act the same on the Epic as it would in a bowling alley is because there is no oil on the lanes!

If you throw a straight ball, you should bowl as well...or as bad...as you do on land.

If you throw a hook...your ball will shoot into the gutter about ⅓-½ way down the lane.

The reason the ball doesn’t act the same on the Epic as it would in a bowling alley is because there is no oil on the lanes!

If you throw a straight ball, you should bowl as well...or as bad...as you do on land.

If you throw a hook...your ball will shoot into the gutter about ⅓-½ way down the lane.

OK, then why when I throw a straight ball does it go straight in the gutter?

And are we still talking about aboard the ship?

The only difference in the bowling alley on the Epic I saw was the ability to raise rails to keep the ball out of the gutter when the ship had some real movement. In the second picture you can see the rails had been raised on the two active bowling lanes.

2vnnfnm.jpg

5f0in6.jpg