Anyone cruise on NCL Sunward II

GTVCRUISER

Several times in the 1980's. Short Bahamas cruises with kids. Remember NCL's "Dive In" program. This program has been given much credit for the beginning of an American crave for snorkeling in the Caribbean. Many, many good memories.

Yep! Sunward II was my first cruise. It was a 3 nighter...Nassau and GSC...just like what Sky still does today. I still remember sitting in a hammock chair that hung on the aft deck. That cruise had me hooked on cruising forever. :)

Yep! Sunward II was my first cruise. It was a 3 nighter...Nassau and GSC...just like what Sky still does today. I still remember sitting in a hammock chair that hung on the aft deck. That cruise had me hooked on cruising forever. :)

Same here. My very 1st cruise in October 1983.

Yep....July 1990 out of Miami, & we had the best time! Met another couple who were also using Marriott points, & sadly lost their contact info after the cruise. They were such fun, as were the young couple on their honeymoon. We have great pics of all of us, & how I wish we had email & Facebook back then to be able to share our pics!

First cruise on Sunward II fall of 1978. All the wait staff Korean and Jamaican. Best cruises ever.

Our waiter was from MoBay, Jamaica, and was thrilled because the ship didn't normally stop there. He had made arrangements to be off for 4 hours so was getting to see his family briefly. Back then, the communications were limited and expensive so this was a very big deal to him. :)

LuLu

• 2 years later...

First cruise, August 28, 1989. Cabin C205. Porthole cabin, so far forward that the outer wall was curved. $1,166 for four nights. So expensive! Went to Nassau, Freeport and Great Stirrup Cay. We overnighted in Nassau, and I remember sitting on a curb about 11PM and the power went out. Still have my plastic "Dive In" fish ID card. Sadly my t-shirt is long gone.

One formal night (suit/tie), one Country Western night, and two casual nights. Since I didn't bring a suit, we ate in the cabin on formal night. I don't think there was a table to put the tray on. We ate in bed.

I remember the ceilings being so very low, and the cabin was really dark. Probably one of the best cruises though!

Several times in the 1980's. Short Bahamas cruises with kids. Remember NCL's "Dive In" program. This program has been given much credit for the beginning of an American crave for snorkeling in the Caribbean. Many, many good memories.

I remember the Dive-In program. We had to pick up our snorkel gear by the pool area for the excursion instead of receiving it on the snorkel boat.

• 1 month later...

Our first cruise as well, August of 1979 for our honeymoon. We went again on the Sunward II on our 10 anniversary. Both were great cruises. And yes that ship looks tiny compared to the mega ships of today.

There also was the Skyward and Southward. I think they were part of the NCL Dolphin line. We sailed on one of them in 1977 for our 10th anniversary. We're sailing on the Pearl this year for our 50th.

Don