Where to stay Ft Lauderdale Precruise HAL

grammie2maddie

For the last three years, we have stayed at Spring Hill Suites(Marriott) in Dania Beach and we are very happy with it. Nice and clean, good staff, free breakfast, free shuttle from the airport and I think now there is a small charge pp to the cruise pier.-used to be free except for the tips we gave both ways.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many years both pre and post cruise.

The Harbor are just a short walk away. There are lots of stores and restaurants there. Many people like to buy wine to take on the ship and Total Wine is located there.

The hotel got a new restaurant a couple of years ago -- E-Spot -- very good.

And it is a short taxi ride to the pier.

For the last three years, we have stayed at Spring Hill Suites(Marriott) in Dania Beach and we are very happy with it. Nice and clean, good staff, free breakfast, free shuttle from the airport and I think now there is a small charge pp to the cruise pier.-used to be free except for the tips we gave both ways.

DW and I stayed here last January prior to our Westerdam cruise. We had Marriott points so we opted to use them at this hotel which offered free transport to the ship. The room was adequate but hardly "suite" standards. Ft. Lauderdale was unusually cold and there was no heat in the lobby where breakfast was served and we had to eat the so-so breakfast with our coats on. Because of the free transport to the piers (there were several ships departing the same day) the lobby (where breakfast was served) was filled with luggage and people hustling about. Transport to the ship was determined by when the hotel said you could go and not of your own choosing.The man who ran the transpoprt was very rude. All in all a cattle drive. We would not stay there again. just my opinion and others I'm sure had a better experience at other times.

We prefer the Renaissance on 17th, good Italian resturant across the plaza, Bimini Boatyard right next door, and a fablous French Bistro. The hotel restaurant is a bit pricey and not work the $$$. The pool is nice. There is a Walgreen's across 17th street for incidentals you forget (I always pick up a sixpack of water & coke) and a Publix up the street. You can see the ships from the upper level windows when they are in port - which I really enjoy.

S.

The Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, 2275 State Road 84 / Marina Mile Blvd Free breakfast and shuttle service to the pier. The room I stayed in and was large and clean. Staff were friendly and the price was right. :)

Clean and comfortable, free shuttles from the airport and to the pier, free breakfast, walking distance to fast food options and a diner. If on a day other than Sunday, there's a big warehouse-type store for wine in the mall area next door. (In FL, you can't get wine before noon on a Sunday)

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many years both pre and post cruise.

The Harbor are just a short walk away. There are lots of stores and restaurants there. Many people like to buy wine to take on the ship and Total Wine is located there.

The hotel got a new restaurant a couple of years ago -- E-Spot -- very good.

And it is a short taxi ride to the pier.

I'll second this suggestion. Stayed there several times in the past few years and we'll be there again for our November cruise.

grammie

if you go to Homeports area on CC, then East Coast departures, there is a Florida departures board that is VERY active and even shows how much priceline rooms at specific hotels are going for. You can post there and get great info on where to stay. It will help them help you if you tell them the date, how many people and if you will have a car or not.

FYI, I booked a hotel on hotwire for $59 plus tax for one night pre-cruise on April 14, 2011. It is the Summerfield Suites. We get free hot breakfast, free internet, they have a FLL shuttle, shuttle to cruise port for $8 pp. can probably still book this on hotwire (but you won't get this rate unless you use the unidentified hotels feature and keep your fingers crossed)!

good luck

ML

Is the Embassy Suites everyone is talking about the one on 1100 SE 17th Street? Thats where we are booked next March. If it is, you say there are many places to eat around the area close to the hotel?

There's a shopping center called Harbor Shoppes - they have a website. We were planning to eat there but the night we were there was cold and rainy so we at at E-Spot - excellent food.

Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel.

DSC09170.jpg

And they have a great complimentary breakfast - including made-to-order omelets.

DSC09204.jpg

We have stayed at the Renaissance before, great hotel with a beautiful pool and wonderful beds. We have also stayed at the Embassy, and it was great too (with free breakfast if I am not mistaken). Good location, and very close to Publix (grocery store), Walgreens, and lots of shops and restaurants. These 2 hotels are just minutes from the pier. There is a FABULOUS italian bistro with wood oven pizza's and amazing sandwhiches across the street. We eat there everytime we sail from FLL.

We have also stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, which is still on 17th, but is over the bridge down towards FLL beach. Really nice hotel, and very close to the water taxi (to get around town), but a little pricey. All in all it was very worth it. The pool area is gorgeous, and the beds are amazing. It is also very close to the pier, and if you request a room in the tower facing Port Everglades, you can wake up early in the morning and watch your ship come in! Awesome way to wake up! :D

Hyatt Pier 66, right at the port. A little pricey, but a great view of the ships in port (must have a tower room), and easy 5 minute drive to embarkation.

This is where we always stay in FLL. We've stayed there for years and always enjoy our stays. Beautiful grounds, huge pool, wonderful breakfast room, great patio lunch at pool and Grille 66 is excellent. Full service resort with wonderful service. Some of the same staff have been there for 20 years .... that speaks volumes for how well that place is run IMO

This is where we always stay in FLL. We've stayed there for years and always enjoy our stays. Beautiful grounds, huge pool, wonderful breakfast room, great patio lunch at pool and Grille 66 is excellent. Full service resort with wonderful service. Some of the same staff have been there for 20 years .... that speaks volumes for how well that place is run IMO

In less than 5 weeks we will be staying at Hyatt Pier 66 very much looking forward to it.:) Unfortunately we will not get to enjoy too much of it since our flight arrives about 5:30 in the evening and the next morning we head to Port Everglades to board the Solstice.

Ask for a room in the Tower, Lisa..... and if you can, one facing Port Everglades. We usually have the same room up one floor or down one or so but usually the same front facing view. DH pulls the curtains and first thing I see when I wake is 'our ship' waiting for us to board.

Enjoy Solstice. She looks beautiful. We've seen her in port 3 or 4 times.

Ask for a room in the Tower, Lisa..... and if you can, one facing Port Everglades. We usually have the same room up one floor or down one or so but usually the same front facing view. DH pulls the curtains and first thing I see when I wake is 'our ship' waiting for us to board.

Enjoy Solstice. She looks beautiful. We've seen her in port 3 or 4 times.

Thanks:) Yes we are very much looking forward to this one for comparison. Sail, is it easy to get a taxi to take over to Port Everglades from the Hyatt? I would guess they could always call for one for us.

We are hoping to get a room with a view of the ships :)

Call down to the Bell Captain, Bobbie, and ask him to come get your luggage. He'll get you right in a taxi when you go down. There are always doormen available to whistle up a taxi from the line and bell hops to lug the suitcases. :)

Have a drink at the lobby bar. We've enjoy more than one there. :D

In less than 5 weeks we will be staying at Hyatt Pier 66 very much looking forward to it.:) Unfortunately we will not get to enjoy too much of it since our flight arrives about 5:30 in the evening and the next morning we head to Port Everglades to board the Solstice.

Too bad ...Oasis leaves at 4:30pm, and it's really a sight to behold watching it leave from your balcony. But waking up to Solstice sitting there is pretty nice as well (IIRC Emerald Princess will be right out in front too)!

Pier 66 was recently refurbished, but the tower room views are what you're paying for ...well worth it IMO.

Call down to the Bell Captain, Bobbie, and ask him to come get your luggage. He'll get you right in a taxi when you go down. There are always doormen available to whistle up a taxi from the line and bell hops to lug the suitcases. :)

Have a drink at the lobby bar. We've enjoy more than one there. :D

Thanks Sail I will do that.:)

Too bad ...Oasis leaves at 4:30pm, and it's really a sight to behold watching it leave from your balcony. But waking up to Solstice sitting there is pretty nice as well (IIRC Emerald Princess will be right out in front too)!

Pier 66 was recently refurbished, but the tower room views are what you're paying for ...well worth it IMO.

Actually we were lucky enough to already see the Oasis in Port. We were on the Crown Princess this past January and were docked very close to her. Although we did leave before she did.

We also had the 'experience' of being in port with Oasis when we were on Eurodam and again on Maasdam. We were in FLL when she first arrived at Port Everglades for all the parties before she started her scheduled cruises and kept looking down on her from our Pier 66 balcony. She is a sight to behold. Not to our taste but it was interesting (and fun) seeing her.

I have stayed at both the Renaissance and the Hyatt Pier 66. I like them both. I love to get in a day or two early to ride the Intercoastal Waterway Water Taxi and you can get it right on the property of the Hyatt at Pier 66. There is also access at it by walking below the bridge if one is staying at the Renaissance. Their used to be a poster on this sight named Doone (I have not seen a post from her in a long, long time) and it was from her that I learned of the Water Taxi.

Last October I stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and walked across the 17 st Bridge and went to that Italian Restaurant and then walked back to the Hyatt. It was good exercise and even with and Italian dinner my blood sugar the next morning was only about 90. For me that is excellent.

So the bottom line is I can recommend both places and I can highly recommend the Italian Restaurant.

Archived