Where to stay Ft Lauderdale Precruise HAL

grammie2maddie

Maybe a stupid question, but does this have a view of the port? The only hotels I'm familiar with that have this view, is the Hyatt Pier 66 and Hilton Marina.

Thanks!

Nope - But that's not why I booked it as I don't find the Port particularly "Scenic". Despite the ships, with all the bunker oil tanks and cargo containers stacked about, the Port is really rather ugly.

I prefer waking to the view of the ocean and the beach and being able to walk across the street to get my feet sandy & wet...

...after all, I'll have more than a week to look at the Big Blue Boat.

:)

Nope - But that's not why I booked it as I don't find the Port particularly "Scenic". Despite the ships, with all the bunker oil tanks and cargo containers stacked about, the Port is really rather ugly.

:)

Oh man....that's an understatement.:D But we love to sit out on the balcony and stare at the ships in port like zombies.

Which hotels does the water taxi go by or is close to? We are booked at the Riverside but are thinking of changing to a hotel closer to port. The water taxi sounds like a fun trip around the city.

We have stayed at the Riverside. You have to walk a few blocks to get the taxi.

I suggest that you make sure your room is in the tower portion. Our friends had a room in the older section and it wasn't very nice. They moved to a tower room with more light and a view.

Originally Posted by JWJs viewpost.gif

Has anyone used Priceline to get one of these hotels? If yes...what was your bidding experience.

I won a bid on Priceline for 2 nights in December at the W for $90.00. This was my first experience obtaining a room this way so I hope it turns out well.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many years both pre and post cruise.

The Harbor are just a short walk away. There are lots of stores and restaurants there. Many people like to buy wine to take on the ship and Total Wine is located there.

The hotel got a new restaurant a couple of years ago -- E-Spot -- very good.

And it is a short taxi ride to the pier.

Were you the very nice folks who posted a discount code for

Emb Suites in FLL? Could you please give it again? Thank you.

We stayed last November at the hilton Beach resort in a jr king suite. 752 sq ft with kitchenette and the most beautiful bathroom I have ever been in! Absolutely beautiful, nice view of the beach although we were not ocean front. Booked it thru the Hilton Website as a Sr (62 yrs is their def. of a sr.) prices have increased slightly since last yr ($150 nite) to $168. We are booked on the Westerdam in Nov this yr and plan to stay for 2 days prior again at the Hilton on the beach, so we can frolic on the beach ahead of our cruise as the westerdam is only a 7 nite cruise vs the Noordam 10 day one we went on lst yr. We also did as Bayside did and walked to the Casablanca for lunch. The beach area is quite nice. Took a cab to the Mall nearby and a cab to the pier - think it was about 15 dollars.

Right now if you go on priceline and win a 4 star resort, you will get the renaisance and the w. The W is on the beach and very modern and nice. I hear good things about the Renaisance as well though it is not on the beach. Go to better bidding dot com and you can see how to bid and what is winning on both hotwire and priceline. Good luck.

Hyatt Pier 66, right at the port. A little pricey, but a great view of the ships in port (must have a tower room), and easy 5 minute drive to embarkation.

I agree - though I like the non tower rooms better. Great hotel, pool and food!!!

Also, the Crowne Plaza resort in hollywood

Westin Diplomat...

If one is staying at the Renaissance and wants to use the Intercoastal Water Taxi you would go to the Convention Center stop and it is below the bridge. By the way the Taxi dirivers on the water can give you some good history of the area and some are quite funny. Tips will be graciously accepted.

We have stayed in many different places in FLL and surrounding areas. We always go in the day before and we rent a car. It is easier for us since my wife is handicapped. We always do some last minute shopping and pick up the water and pop that we keep in the room. This time we are staying at Homewood Suites in Dania Beach. Hilton had a special going on for reward points, this one was only 21,000 points for a free night - usually 35 - 40,000 points so quite a deal. They have nice rooms (2 room suites) and free breakfast.

We have made it a tradition to always eat the night before at Chuck's Steak House on 17th Street. We have always had great meals and wonderful cruises so we don't want to break the tradition.

For our upcoming Panama Cruise in April, we have decided on The Aqualina in Sunny Isles Beach, really part of Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywwod. Will just book a car and driver to take us to the cruise terminal. This hotel if fabulous and has everything you could want in a resort. Start the luxury and indulge even before you board. The concierge there will take care of all your arrangements.

• 4 weeks later...
We are also staying at the Crowne Plaza in November and again in December. Their website says they are FLL newest hotel and their pics certainly look nice. Let's hope! :)

THis is a brand new hotel that may be nice inside, but it is located on a very busy street corner (US1 and SR 84) farther from restaurants. For an overnight stay it should be fine. I would check and see if they have a shuttle that will take you to a restaurant should you want to go someplace you cannot walk to from there.

What about Bimini Boatyard? How is that place with the new owners? We were there just after they took over and it was awful but it was in transtion to new ownership.

Thanks if you can help.

Last time I was there was for a holiday lunch. It was after the new owners took over and I actually thought it was better than it had been before. I don't go there often though, sorry.

I rate the Westin on the Beach, the Renaissance and the Hyatt At Pier 66 as all good hotels. The Westin is right across from the beach with a foot bridge over the Highway and while the Renaissance and the Hyatt at Pier 66 are not on the beach, you can walk to a water taxi from both locations and you can then get over to walking distance to the beach.

We've booked pre-cruise hotels with HAL three times in Ft Lauderdale. First time was because it was our first cruise and we just let our TA set up everything. The other two was because it was spring break time and we couldn't find a hotel on our own. Over the years they've used several including Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott. Hard to say which one or ones they'll contract with during a given year.

Does anyone know which hotels HAL uses when you let then handle your precruise reservations? My roomie booked her hotel through them and I am staying with her. She "thinks" it is the Hilton but has no real idea. And they tell her they don't know yet.

HAL uses the following three hotels:

Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina, Westin and Marriott.:)

Archived