Priority tendering on Celebrity

govanguy

In the past, my wife and I have enjoyed, where appropriate, priority tendering.

I no longer see this as a Captains Club "perk"

What happened. Has it been removed?

We are Elite plus

I am currently on the Solstice. It has not been eliminated, but they did not issue tickets in advance in our last tender port. You were asked to meet in a special location. I cannot say for sure how long it took to get a tender, but it seemed like just a change in process.

The suite guests were ask to meet in the Michael’s Club.

We are Elite plus

Equinox (March/April 2018) and Infinity (September 2018) were still doing priority tendering. We received notification on where to meet and the times. No tickets required. Nothing new there. Well organized. No issues.

We are Elite plus

It's still listed as a Perk but it isn't shown on the Captain's Club Benefit Summary.

Go to this page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

and then click on Elite at the top of the column. These are the benefits listed:

Our Elite members know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Benefits Include:

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast
  • Complimentary 90-minute internet package
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is docked)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Elegant Tea with fellow members
  • Eligibility for Captain's Club offers when booking a future cruise on board

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority wait list in Main Restaurant
  • Earn double Club Points when you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

apparently some cruises have it, some don't. Reports are that it wasn't offered on some British Isles cruises recently, but was offered in other locations. So it isn't eliminated but it might not be active on your cruise.

Agree. If it is for a specific cruise it will be listed on the benefit sheet that is in the stateroom.

There aren’t many ports that require tenders, and usually aren’t more than one per cruise.

With all of the pasengers that are given priority tendering it almost is useless, and most ports that do require it now have very large tenders that come from the port and the process is very fast.

The so called perk if honored is also only from the ship and not back from the port.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

There aren’t many ports that require tenders, and usually aren’t more than one per cruise.

With all of the pasengers that are given priority tendering it almost is useless, and most ports that do require it now have very large tenders that come from the port and the process is very fast.

The so called perk if honored is also only from the ship and not back from the port.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

I guess we have had different experiences, from my perspective Priority Tendering may be the best Elite benefits. It was very beneficial at several ports in the British Isles and Grand Cayman. We have not had any issues when we have used it to get on the first tender.

A couple years ago we sailed a California coastal with lots of tendering ports and we found the priority tendering one of the best Elite Plus perks. It was still a perk as of earlier this year. In recent sailings we also just got a notification of where to meet and what time. On one sailing we never got a notice so we called the CC host and they gave us the information over the phone.

I guess we have had different experiences, from my perspective Priority Tendering may be the best Elite benefits. It was very beneficial at several ports in the British Isles and Grand Cayman. We have not had any issues when we have used it to get on the first tender.

Agree- it was very helpful with tendering the Falkland islands- we were told to meet the Captain's club hostess at a set time and she led us to the tenders for early boarding

I am currently on the Solstice. It has not been eliminated, but they did not issue tickets in advance in our last tender port. You were asked to meet in a special location. I cannot say for sure how long it took to get a tender, but it seemed like just a change in process.

The suite guests were ask to meet in the Michael’s Club.

7c054fa663e0750769e6ff0aa714b558.jpg

Perhaps the tickets have been eliminated, but certainly not the priority benefit.

I remember when the priority tender tickets were delivered to our stateroom. I would come back to the room after dinner and there they were lying on the bed, with instructions of where to assemble to be able to use them.

Yes, I remember that too.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

I’ll, nicely I hope, disagree. There are many ports that require it, and depending on itinerary more than one. Have had 3 a few times. And it is a perk since it does get you off quicker then standing in a huge crowd and you are taken off in an orderly group.

Have signed up for a few ship tours that had a special tender or ferry go directly to the tour area. Nice.

Den

Yes, but Celebrity did at one time use tickets. Obviously not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Obviously many years ago.

I am not sure why you say it is obvious that Celebrity has not used priority tender tickets for many years.

I remember the priority tender tickets (as others have noted) and it was not many years ago, but it may have been a few years ago.

I suspect by your response that you have never been at a Celebrity tender port that used the priority tender tickets.