Chops Grille Liberty of the Seas

Would you know if the Standard up charge steaks are better than the dinning room steaks?

Obviously a very subjective judgement, however my experience with the regular MDR steaks has not been very positive, so I would have a hard time thinking that the standard steaks at Chops would not be considered better by most people.

Thank you all, that settles it, Chops it is :)

By the way, if you are not interested in the entire Chops experience and just want to upgrade the steak you get in the MDR, they do offer the Chops Filet in the MDR for around $17.

By the way, if you are not interested in the entire Chops experience and just want to upgrade the steak you get in the MDR, they do offer the Chops Filet in the MDR for around $17.

We love a great steak house, so we will be dinning in :)

Just was curious about the quality since they have an additional up charge to the standard up charge.

Thank you for the help :)

Check out First Night Done Right for only $15. If not assigned Chops, you can change on the ship.

I've eaten there twice on the Liberty, the last time 3 weeks ago and will be there again this coming Sunday night.

I usually get the 9 ounce filet and it's like a giant marshmallow it's so tender. Probably the best I've ever eaten.

You won't be disappointed.

They normally have a whole broiled lobster, a dry aged steak and a fish dish that is an up charge of $19.

Check out First Night Done Right for only $15. If not assigned Chops, you can change on the ship.

I've eaten there twice on the Liberty, the last time 3 weeks ago and will be there again this coming Sunday night.

I usually get the 9 ounce filet and it's like a giant marshmallow it's so tender. Probably the best I've ever eaten.

You won't be disappointed.

They normally have a whole broiled lobster, a dry aged steak and a fish dish that is an up charge of $19.

I think this is the way to go First Night Done Right... Chops is good, but I don't know that I would call it any better than what you could get on land other than they will let you get as many of the sides as you want. For $15 it's a really good deal IMO, for the normal $39 on Liberty I'm not sure I would say it's worth it.

I second what HicksRA said. We did the "first night done right" this past week and went to Chops (was assigned Giovanni's but asked to be changed with no problem). It was nice and worth the $15 but there is no way I would pay full price for it. My filet was good (not the best I've ever had by a long shot) but DH said the prime rib he had was not very good at all. Sides were OK. Again, not bad for the $15 but would have been very disappointed if I had paid $39 each for this.

Here's a sample menu. The items that cost additional are under the something special portion of the menu.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/chops.pdf

DRY-AGED STEAKS Experience two of the finest quality cuts of beef in the world. Each is hand selected from USDA prime beef raised in Iowa and Nebraska, then dry-aged in a climate-controlled room for nearly four weeks to achieve the pinnacle of flavor, tenderness, and aroma. This dry-aging process can only be found at select steakhouses worldwide, and now, in a cruise industry first, right here at Royal Caribbean International's Chops Grille.

DRY-AGED NY STRIP STEAK 16 OZ.* $18 Charbroiled and butter-basted

DRY-AGED PORTERHOUSE STEAK 20 OZ.* $19 Slow-roasted with herbs and garlic

ROASTED 1 1/4-1 1/2 LBS. MAINE LOBSTER $21Drawn butter and fresh lemon

Wait. He was explaining the Right shoe. Chops serves up the Left shoe. Neither is a good of a steak as one can get at a Texas Road House. Just saying.

I'll take Chops over Texas road house any day , had dinner there a couple of times on each of our last 6 cruises

Having recently had both the MDR steak and the Chops no upcharge steak, the Chips steak is MUCH better.

I have not tried the upcharge dry aged steak in Chops.

My son (42 years old, not a kid) who is pretty much a food conissuer, had the dry aged steak at Chops and was very unimpressed.

Just wanted to also agree that the steaks are better than MDR and also FNDR is definitely the way to go! Even better because the first night in the MDR is always a little hectic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st night is not best time for Chops because of all the deals on 1st night service was extremely slow, we did Chop 3 times on Liberty on last cruise , service was bad 1st night, other 2 nights were fine

On our cruise in Sept. we ate in Chops. Not worth the extra money. Wife's shrimp appetizer tasted like old hard shrimp. My lamb chops were grisly & tough. Desserts were the same as served in the MDR. Even though we had a BOGO it wasn't worth it.

On our cruise in Sept. we ate in Chops. Not worth the extra money. Wife's shrimp appetizer tasted like old hard shrimp. My lamb chops were grisly & tough. Desserts were the same as served in the MDR. Even though we had a BOGO it wasn't worth it.

I didn't know that Chops had lamb chops. Must go there next trip!! Thanks for the updated info.

We ate at Chops our last time on LOS and really enjoyed it.... I had the petite fillet and my husband paid the extra charge for a dry rub porterhouse (I think). We agreed the fillet was better. Overall nice meal though… The appetizers were good and plentiful, the waiter went above and beyond, and we are going back this November. (First night done right!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1st night is not best time for Chops because of all the deals on 1st night service was extremely slow, we did Chop 3 times on Liberty on last cruise , service was bad 1st night, other 2 nights were fine

We did find that the service was slow but there were only 3 other couples in the entire restaurant with us on FNDR on Easter at 6pm. But I would not pay $40/person for us to eat there another night. That being said - it's odd to me that it was slow because of that - our server was very attentive at FNDR - and the restaurant wasn't crowded - I think it was just how they paced the meal that was intentionally drawn out to make sure the restaurant was never completely empty. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk