Carnival Easy Pay

cruisent

First time seeing this option tonight when booking my 4 day Liberty sailing for Oct. 2019 and I think it's the best thing! I'm auto paying 17 months of just $26.75/month paid in full by July of '19 with no finance charges. At such a low monthly payment, I won't even notice it! It's such a wonderful idea and I hope Carnival always has this option available because i'll cruise SO much more with it. :)

First time seeing this option tonight when booking my 4 day Liberty sailing for Oct. 2019 and I think it's the best thing! I'm auto paying 17 months of just $26.75/month paid in full by July of '19 with no finance charges. At such a low monthly payment, I won't even notice it! It's such a wonderful idea and I hope Carnival always has this option available because i'll cruise SO much more with it. :)

Or you could just throw $30 in your desk drawer every month & pay it off on final payment date. This is not a new idea, just a way Carnival figured out to keep people from cancelling

Or you could just throw $30 in your desk drawer every month & pay it off on final payment date. This is not a new idea, just a way Carnival figured out to keep people from cancelling

Carnival also gets more cash flow prior to final payment date. Can be a win/win for Carnival and those who need a "painless" way to pay for a cruise.

I prefer to pay the $500 deposit at booking (I don't consider "reduced deposits a sale) and then pay in full about a month before final payment. But what works for me won't work for everyone, so different payment plans are welcome.

I noticed that too. We have our own method of setting aside money & paying in full later. However, I think for someone like our son, this would be a wonderful way to be sure he doesn't come up short. I think it could be a very good option for people as well as Carnival.

All depends on your preference. If you are disciplined, can keep money in the bank and save, you can pay it all off at the end. If you can't keep from spending money I would do monthly payments so aren't caught off guard at the end with a big payment.

And with worry free payments like this, it puts the whole cruise fare out of the way and allows me to focus on getting other extras like FTTF, in stateroom alcohol, shore excursions, pre cruise hotel etc. So it could be beneficial to Carnival in that regard also...people will spend more on other things with having the fare painlessly out of the way.

I'm so terrible at throwing money into a drawer, putting it into a savings account, etc. Believe me, i've tried all the methods with good intentions and that money has always found it's way back into my wallet to spend!

I guess there are the savers and the spenders in the world and this new Easy Pay option is geared towards us perpetual spenders haha. I just hope it's so successful for them that they never do away with it.

Mine only gave me the option of 3 very LARGE payments. Not monthly.

I think it's determined by how far out your sailing is. If it's close, payments will be larger and if far out enough, payments would be spread out more.

My sailing isn't until October of 2019, with final payment due July of that year. So it gives 17 months of payments. Is your sailing closer than that?

Also price probably determines payments too. My total balance is $454.70 for 4 day porthole cabin solo which breaks it down to $26.75/month.

I hope that they refine it further to be able to work with cabin mates each paying thier share. That would help some people that I know and sometimes have along on group sailings.

That's a good idea for friends traveling together, giving each person in the cabin their own easy pay account. I'd like to see that too.

For solos like me, spreading the payments out like this takes out the sting of having to pay the single supplement which can be double the price making it much less painless.

The only problem with this is what if there is a price drop? Will they adjust your monthly payment? If not, that money just sits there for the next cruise as I have read on these boards that they will not put it toward OBC or give a refund to you.

the payment are reajusted to the new balance, this was done to my sailing

Better yet, put the money each month in a savings account so that you can earn interest on your own money. A much better option than depositing it in Carnival’s account early and letting them make the interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Better yet, put the money each month in a savings account so that you can earn interest on your own money. A much better option than depositing it in Carnival’s account early and letting them make the interest.

Not doable for me. I can't speak for others but this does absolutely nothing to help pay down the cruise because I can so easily withdraw that cash in savings for the next shiny object I see to satisfy my immediate gratification fix. (And believe me I would!)

By letting Carnival take it from auto pay on my credit card, I can't get that money back to blow on something else and it goes directly towards the cruise. Do I care that I won't get the half penny of interest earned by sitting in the savings account? Absolutely not....Carnival can have the half penny for all I care. :)

What are you going to earn? $.01 a month? I prefer purchasing Carnival Gift Cards through AARP Rewards for Good and save my 10% each time. More saving going that route.

Not doable for me. I can't speak for others but this does absolutely nothing to help pay down the cruise because I can so easily withdraw that cash in savings for the next shiny object I see to satisfy my immediate gratification fix. (And believe me I would!)

Well I don’t suffer from a shopping addiction and I chose not to give Carnival my money until it is actually due. My will power works just as it should. (y)

:)

Not to mention MOST "savings accounts" pay next to nothing in interest which is exactly why Ive generally paid my cruises in full at booking when i could even if they were a year or more away. Peace is mind is worth more to me than a measly .01% that money may earn in a regular savings account.

Not to mention MOST "savings accounts" pay next to nothing in interest which is exactly why Ive generally paid my cruises in full at booking when i could even if they were a year or more away. Peace is mind is worth more to me than a measly .01% that money may earn in a regular savings account.

Exactly. I care more about painlessly paying off my cruise over who's going to earn a few negligent pennies in interest....And still get to feed my "shopping addiction" at the same time. So it's a win/win for me! ;p