Drink Package Differences Based on Cruise Location!!??

lcpagejr

Received an email from MSC promoting their Drink packages , Excursions, etc for our upcoming Seaside cruise.

Was surprised to see a significant difference in the drink package offerings and price value for Caribbean vs Mediterranean, Europe and UAE cruises

All inclusive deluxe package is priced the same for both....However the All Inclusive Classic is priced considerably higher for what they call the "All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Package - for Adults" for the Mediterranean and Europe cruises. Significant price difference for what looks like the same offerings (like $18/day??)

Additionally they list Mealtime Restaurant Drink Package for Med/Europe cruises and this option is not listed for Caribbean cruises

Another difference is they offer All-Inclusive Non-Alcoholic Drink Package - for Adults for Caribbean but this option is not shown for Med/Europe cruises. Funny thing is that the pricing for the All-Inclusive Non-Alcoholic Drink Package - for Adults package is the same as the Med/Europe Bar and restaurant package ??? Very strange and it seems the Caribbean cruises are getting the short end of the stick on available options and pricing??

There's nothing new in this. I've written many posts where I've outlined the prices for when the currency on onboard is either in Euros or USD to ensure clarity.

The 'Classic' drinks package covers a larger range of drinks than the 'Restaurant & Bar' package and the selection of wines is greater, too.

There's nothing new in this. I've written many posts where I've outlined the prices for when the currency on onboard is either in Euros or USD to ensure clarity.

The 'Classic' drinks package covers a larger range of drinks than the 'Restaurant & Bar' package and the selection of wines is greater, too.

I understand....But I did check and both sets of prices was in US$. I still think $18/day difference is huge. Granted I am not a wine drinker and top of the line vs medium of the line .....is no big difference to me. I guess I would have to review the brands (atleast on liquor) to see the difference of what would be excluded in the Restaurant/Bar package. But to be honest...for the average drinker...The Restaurant/Bar package appears to be a heck of a deal for European/Med cruises!!

• 3 months later...
Another difference is no "drinks vouchers" are offered on the Med cruises (atleast not for Australian bookings)

Uk bookings dont get these either

US bookings often get different deals and extras that the rest of us dont get

I dont understand why there is not a non alcoholic or soda package in the Med.

Offers on MSC Seaview / Western Med

as per “my booking” MSC USA :

Soft Drink Pkg (14 canned sodas or

fruit juices) $37.50

Water Pkg (14 bottles of mineral water)

$30.00

You mean you don’t get the 12. Vouchers for the fantastic experience

We were just on MSC Musica (end of May 2018) and received drink vouchers for our 3 cabins (fantastica experience).

I wonder if this is more of a ship vs itinerary thing. Last summer (June 2017) we were on Meravigilia and our drinks were loaded to our ship card. This past Jan 2018 on Seaside we received paper drink vouchers.

We were just on MSC Musica (end of May 2018) and received drink vouchers for our 3 cabins (fantastica experience).

I wonder if this is more of a ship vs itinerary thing. Last summer (June 2017) we were on Meravigilia and our drinks were loaded to our ship card. This past Jan 2018 on Seaside we received paper drink vouchers.

It is next year they stop.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind people are probably going to drink way more in the Caribbean vs. a European vacation. (Or at least I typically do.) I’m sure they take that into account when they price the packages. And right now the Caribbean has the free drinks on us running, so it all balances out in the end. You just have to find the good deals that match what you want.

Thanks bea. [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]pepsi. I once sailed with ncl on the epic and it was pepsi i hate it( 8 cans of coke a day is the norm) [emoji85]. Here’s another question for you bea can i take it with me [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Sinfonia fantastica Med cruise for Feb 2019 and its says we get the 12 drink vouchers.

I thought I read if we buy the drink package we don't get the vouchers. is this true.

I thought we could use the vouchers for better drinks and the drink package for coffee's and such.

Thanks bea. [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]pepsi. I once sailed with ncl on the epic and it was pepsi i hate it( 8 cans of coke a day is the norm) [emoji85]. Here’s another question for you bea can i take it with me [emoji23]

From answers that I've read on here, it seems that it depends on where you embark.

That amount of Coke can't be good for you, Martin. :eek:

(Apologies for the delay in replying ... I've been having trouble with this site loading for the last week or so; I have to keep re-starting my laptop to get it to load, so I haven't been bothering with it - too much football at the moment, anyway :p).

We are booked on the Sinfonia fantastica Med cruise for Feb 2019 and its says we get the 12 drink vouchers.

I thought I read if we buy the drink package we don't get the vouchers. is this true.

I thought we could use the vouchers for better drinks and the drink package for coffee's and such.

As we don't get vouchers for Fantastica bookings, I can't answer your question. Hopefully someone with experience will.

As we don't get vouchers for Fantastica bookings, I can't answer your question. Hopefully someone with experience will.

I don’t believe the vouchers are for the premium drinks (anything with an *)… We also have Fantastica vouchers next week in seaview but my husband and I purchased all inclusive drink packages so we will give the vouchers to our two college age daughters in the next cabin… They’re under 21 so it will be a treat for them to be able to go to a bar and order a drink [emoji6]

I would think you could make some friends by giving away the vouchers if you don’t need them LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

End of March 2019 the vouchers Will stop working

Does anyone know what they will be replacing them with in the Med? I have a cruise booked for next april in the Fantastica experience and would like to know what it will include.

thanks

Lois

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what they will be replacing them with in the Med? I have a cruise booked for next april in the Fantastica experience and would like to know what it will include.

thanks

Lois

I was told Friday they did not know what was replacing it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

thanks

Lois

That information will be included in your booking invoice. Any new promotions won't be added to your booking.

That information will be included in your booking invoice. Any new promotions won't be added to your booking.

The drink vouchers were not a promo, they are part of the experience that you pay for.

If they replace them with someone else as part of the experience it should be added to my booking.

Hello MSC people. This is our 32nd cruise but first on MSC. Here's my question. We are sailing the Caribbean on the Seaside. We have the Classic Drinks Package. Does it include Frozen alcoholic drinks? Also, does it include the gelato? I can find this info on the website about the deluxe but not the classic.