Is there a luggage limit?

I recall meeting a couple onboard who were doing a TA to return to England after living in the USA. It was cheaper to do the cruise than paying shipping for most most of their personal items and clothes separately and flying back. I asked about luggage limitation and they were told 500 lbs each but all had to be stored in their cabin.

Of course no furniture was going back to the UK with them.

Just wondering if there is a limit for the number of pieces of luggage per person or cabin. There will be 4 of us in one cabin but it is a group of very heavy packers!

No luggage limit. The smaller suitcases store well under the bed.

I recall meeting a couple onboard who were doing a TA to return to England after living in the USA. It was cheaper to do the cruise than paying shipping for most most of their personal items and clothes separately and flying back. I asked about luggage limitation and they were told 500 lbs each but all had to be stored in their cabin.

I read about a couple who were also moving, and booked an inside across the corridor from their balcony just to be able to store more stuff. Same deal, cheaper to book the inside than to ship the stuff.

I always thought it was 200 lbs pp. maybe more on a TA?

I always thought it was 200 lbs pp. maybe more on a TA?

You may be correct as this was some time ago and I could have not remembered correctly the weight limitation. It was such a large amount that I thought wouldn't be brought on by a typical cruiser. It was a large amount of luggage and most was duffel bags. They definitely needed to use a porter and his cart when embarking and disembarking.

You may be correct as this was some time ago and I could have not remembered correctly the weight limitation. It was such a large amount that I thought wouldn't be brought on by a typical cruiser. It was a large amount of luggage and most was duffel bags. They definitely needed to use a porter and his cart when embarking and disembarking.

I never checked it out officially as I tend to be a fairly light packer who felt like 200 lbs was insane but I have heard that there are people who use a cruise to move belongings across the ocean. Does seem to beat flying and shipping.

2 seconds on Google:

Q: How much luggage may I bring on board?s.gifA: Each guest is permitted to carry up to 90kgs of luggage aboard the vessel; however, for your comfort and convenience, it is recommended that you limit the number of pieces you take.

90 kg is just about 200 pounds.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=348&faqSubjectName=Luggage+%26+Luggage+Tags&faqId=2677

800 pounds is a lot of storage in a cabin! Pack wisely and plan your week

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's from the Australian Royal site, the US site doesn't mention a weight or limit to baggage. I've been on repo cruises and people have brought on way more than 200 pounds per person.

3617d007937356b708fc960e5e41bd99.jpg

Yes it’s a well known way for us expats to move our stuff! We flew and had 14 cases between 3 of us, the excess baggage fee was only $400. I’ve heard of people taking the Cunard sailings so that they can bring their pet too.

Space under the bed should handle 4 suitcases, maybe 6 if not so deep they have to be opened. You can save space putting one suitcase inside another if you bring ones that nest. You are going to have an interesting time with the tiny ship closets and meager drawer space.

Just wondering if there is a limit for the number of pieces of luggage per person or cabin. There will be 4 of us in one cabin but it is a group of very heavy packers!

As others said - it might get crowded if you take too much. There is a surprising amount of storage in rooms though, especially on newer ships. I would however recommend that you try to take luggage that can nest inside of one another for the purposes of being able to store it away after you unpack. Also, less "deep" luggage as to be able to put some under the beds.

-Judy