Ben & Jerry's "Suite" on Freedom...current information regarding connecting cabin

So I was just lucky enough to book clients into the B&J Suite on Freedom. They also booked the connecting cabin for their two (2) children, aged 12 and 9.

So I know that the parents will get the coupons/punch card for a scoop of B&J each daily. I know they will get concierge lounge access and maybe better seating for shows.

My question is...what about the kids? Because they are obviously not in the "suite", can they join their parents in the lounge in the evening or will they be denied? Never had a client in that cabin before so not sure of the protocol. I'm sure they can ask the concierge if the kids can come with them (if they even want to) but since they are on the younger side, parents may not want to leave them on their own for an hour or so to grab a cocktail in the evening. They could certainly tag team if needed.

Anyone been in the suite recently on Freedom and had kids in the connecting cabin who can speak to this? Bob, if you know anything concrete, would be happy to pass the information along.

Thanks.

The stated policy is that friends and family traveling with suite guests but not staying in a suite cannot use the suite lounge. The Royal Caribbean site specifically says "friends and family".

The stated policy is that friends and family traveling with suite guests but not staying in a suite cannot use the suite lounge. The Royal Caribbean site specifically says "friends and family".

Yes, suite benefits extend only to those booked in that room. Sometimes the conceirge will allow guests in the SL but don't count on it.

I feel like I’ve read several reports of kids being able to accompany parents in the suite lounge, as many parents book themselves a suite and put their kids in an inside. I’ve never done it so I don’t know. I have the Ben and Jerry sweet on a June sailing on Freedom, but I won’t have the connecting room either. I do know that the parents can share the ice cream because they just get a 7 day punch card per guest (so 14 punches between the 4 of them).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies.

The only one that actually has any interest in the alcoholic options in the CL is my friend (the wife). Husband doesn't drink and kids are underage, so she's thinking that her heading to the CL on her own is an opportunity for a little private time with a glass of wine LOL!

I've told her that if it's important, she can ask the concierge, but not to count on it. She's fine with that.

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...

Can someone give an updated status on the B&J "Sweet" cabin? My client is reading in blog posts that they took out most of the theme stuff in the cabin and that it's just like any other, and that people have had trouble getting their vouchers for the ice cream and that Royal has been reluctant to honor the perks of this cabin.

If there isn't anything special, it's fine since they were going to book promenade anyway, but I'd like them to be prepared. They are leaving this weekend.

Can someone give an updated status on the B&J "Sweet" cabin? My client is reading in blog posts that they took out most of the theme stuff in the cabin and that it's just like any other, and that people have had trouble getting their vouchers for the ice cream and that Royal has been reluctant to honor the perks of this cabin.

If there isn't anything special, it's fine since they were going to book promenade anyway, but I'd like them to be prepared. They are leaving this weekend.

We just stayed in the Ben and Jerry sweet on the Freedom and had no issues with getting our benefits.

The ice cream coupons were in the room when we got there and so were our gold cards, which gave us access to the concierge lounge on the 10th floor.

My daughter lost her card one day and the concierge lounge was quick to replace it once we told them about it (she initially told guest services who said they’d take care of it but they didn’t).

The room is well taken care of, the couches seemed new (and were a lot cleaner than couches I’ve had in other rooms). I don’t know if that’s because the room is taken better care of by the guests or if they’ve been recently replaced.

The other nice thing about that room is that it is frequently occupied by people who are mega-planners and are therefore also super organized travelers, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn’t need the 3M Command hooks I brought to hang my towels, laundry bag or jacket, as a previous traveler (or travelers) had done a great job of adding them to the room and bathroom already.

If there are any issues with the benefits, go to the concierge lounge and ask them about it, don’t bother with guest services because they can’t help with it.

So I was just lucky enough to book clients into the B&J Suite on Freedom. They also booked the connecting cabin for their two (2) children, aged 12 and 9.

So I know that the parents will get the coupons/punch card for a scoop of B&J each daily. I know they will get concierge lounge access and maybe better seating for shows.

My question is...what about the kids? Because they are obviously not in the "suite", can they join their parents in the lounge in the evening or will they be denied? Never had a client in that cabin before so not sure of the protocol. I'm sure they can ask the concierge if the kids can come with them (if they even want to) but since they are on the younger side, parents may not want to leave them on their own for an hour or so to grab a cocktail in the evening. They could certainly tag team if needed.

Anyone been in the suite recently on Freedom and had kids in the connecting cabin who can speak to this? Bob, if you know anything concrete, would be happy to pass the information along.

Thanks.

I don’t think they’ll have a problem taking the kids into the lounge with them. They only care that you can open the door (meaning they assume if you can open the door then you must have the golden key). Nobody checks your card after you walk in.

If they’re like us, they won’t find much excitement in the concierge lounge and won’t want to be in there for long, unless they want the free booze (which I think is that room’s biggest benefit). It’s small, windowless and full of blowhards who like to one-up each other on how much they cruise.

They also won’t mind if the kids sit with them in the gold card seating on the pool deck or in the ice show, and they also won’t care if they all eat in Giovanni’s for breakfast (you can use the tables in there to eat your buffet food which is nice when the windjammer is full and hard to find seats in). Nobody ever bothered to check that we even had gold cards during the whole trip to be honest, and anyone could use the “vip” stuff if they wanted to, but everyone seemed to respect the signs that said “gold card only” and walked on if they didn’t have one...but nobody was checking. Same with the customs line when debarking the ship. Nobody checked the cards.

Personally, I didn’t see the cards as having much benefit, but if the room is available, you may as well snag it because the price is the same and you may as well take the extra benefits because they’re free. We couldn’t finish all our ice cream either. We gave away 4 of our 14 scoops throughout the week and still came home with at least 5 un-used scoops. It’s harder to gorge on daily ice cream than we thought it would be. Probably because we were also eating lots of cookies and pizza :)

I did actually miss the view of the promenade. It’s not just interrupted by the cow butts, but is actually completely non existent. The good part was that we forgot to close the curtains several times and walked around the room naked a few times, but nobody could see in because of the cows (except the neighbors across the way, if they were home and looking at the time), so while they do block your view, they also serve as a security feature to others viewing you.

I’d book the room again if I could get it, but I wouldn’t be sad if it wasn’t available. We just didn’t get much use of the benefits, but we’re also not the type to care about “VIP” seating and special access lounges either.

If both adults have the gold card I would seriously doubt that anyone would ever ask to see a 12 or 9 YO’s card when they are walking in beside their parents. Enjoy the lounge and the seating.

Unless they are in landyards, and in plain sight. Maybe tuck them away for that one hour or less a day.

Good point, that would be so easy to overlook.

Have a great Alaskan cruise.:) (Even without a Flowrider)

Counting the days. Between now and then we have a Jays game, and the Foo Fighters in Toronto. Lots of fun.

Counting the days. Between now and then we have a Jays game, and the Foo Fighters in Toronto. Lots of fun.

Sorry to hijack but also wanted to add, have a fantastic time in Alaska and I'm super jealous about the Foo Fighters concert!

Sorry to hijack but also wanted to add, have a fantastic time in Alaska and I'm super jealous about the Foo Fighters concert!

We might throw in Kenny Chesney is August as well. Not sure about that one yet.