Radiance class Deck 7 Balconies

We just had ones of these balconies for Alaska - it was great. Our room steward bought us extra chairs so we could have friends over for wine and cheese on the balcony as we sailed past glaciers and the odd whale! Just be aware that if your neighbour stands at the railing they can see in your cabin so no walking around naked with the curtains open :)

Yes - the forward balconies are deeper than the mid-ship rooms. The balcony dividers are open between the rooms. I attached pics of 7028 from cruiselinerooms

I've been in these cabins several times ( years ago) and I don't recall that my balcony was fully open ( divider open) to the one next door. Yes, the divider section from the full height divider to the rail was only waist high, but it was there. Actually - is it possible that the half divider is open for cleaning in that photo?

We enjoyed these balconies. As one who NEVER considers most balconies to be private, the open view from above was no issue for us. When you are at the area close to the cabin, there is a bit more privacy, At the rail - none.

m

To each his or her own, but I'm not a fan of these balconies at all. What you gain in size you lose in privacy, both with your neighbors and the people above you. Also, the lifeboat covering below you means you cannot look directly down to the water from some of the balconies.

Edited by voyager70

To each his or her own, but I'm not a fan of these balconies at all. What you gain in size you lose in privacy, both with your neighbors and the people above you. Also, the lifeboat covering below you means you cannot look directly down to the water from some of the balconies.

That's the main reason I won't book one of those rooms again. Looking down at the top of a lifeboat vs the water isn't for me.

I think that is only an issue for the aft extended balconies.

If you take a look at the photo that was attached above, you can see straight down to the water, with no obstruction.

Good feedback from everyone. I will keep this in mind for my future room choices. The Radiance pics do show the half wall between balconies, which keeps your neighbor off your balcony, but provides no privacy. Here is another pic from Serenade.

image.jpg.be3d4f05970acf1c7d237bacbc170f47.jpg

Here is a shot from the Solarium on Radiance of the forward balconies. Ladies are on balcony for cabin 7524. The view of these forward extended balconies are not blocked at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=353515&d=1435245120

Here is the view from the last starboard side deck 7 balcony which shows the downward view is blocked by the roof of the lounges and game room below on deck six.

attachment.php?attachmentid=353516&d=1435245120

Here are the life boat covers that blocks the view from the mid-ship deck 7 non hump regular size balconies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=353517&d=1435245120

RadE1Balcony1.jpg.33ec0a05f3b53585d85ee532337392d1.jpg

RadE1RearLg.jpg.9b4f3da3ffe4ab6288c76fe470a09e2c.jpg

RadE3.jpg.641f51106179b80b2ce65cb5002a9ddb.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We were in room 7032 on the Jewel: Alaska, June 5-12, 2015, and chose the room because of the expanded balcony space. Our room did not have life boats below. We liked the additional space. Check the deck plans carefully. Some have the life boats below and others don't. We saw our "neighbors" on their balconies a few times, but we didn't see that as a big deal.

--Susan

• 2 months later...

We are trying to decide between deck 7 forward most extended balcony, and deck 8 smaller balcony, toward the aft. (8140). What will we see below us. Will it be the life boat cover? If we choose the deck 7 one, 7014, is it a better location? Does anyone have any knowledge about those two rooms that they can share?

I really appreciate the pictures in the above post, and the comments!

Thank you!

Edited by A Pisces

Here are a couple of pics (and a video) from a recent thread on Radiance aft port side balconies.

Hi, we were on the other side of the ship. Cabin 7668. We loved the extra balcony size, and what you see is correct, there are lifeboat covers that stop you from seeing directly down. We still felt that there was a fantastic view from the balcony.

We did a back to back cruise and went up to Deck 10 on the second leg, and personally I feel that the view from Deck 7 was closer to the water and if there was wildlife in the water you would see more.

radiancebalcony7668sideways.jpg

Radiance%207668%201.jpg

radiancebalcony7668.jpg

We took a small video, and while we didn't look down it shows that you see plenty of detail from the balcony.

Thanks for the pictures! I am surprised to see that you still had the life boat cover under you, in room 7592. I didn't think it went around the hump.

Does anyone have more info as far as the forward most extended balcony on a Radiance class ship, and possible noise from being above the Theater? At least it appears to be above the theater. :)

Also, deck 8, around the 8140 or 8640 area, what do you see below? Straight down to water, or to life boat cover, then water?

Thanks for the replies, just trying to make the best decision I can. :eek:

Kathy

We are trying to decide between deck 7 forward most extended balcony, and deck 8 smaller balcony, toward the aft. (8140). What will we see below us. Will it be the life boat cover? If we choose the deck 7 one, 7014, is it a better location? Does anyone have any knowledge about those two rooms that they can share?

I really appreciate the pictures in the above post, and the comments!

Thank you!

Downward view from 8140 will be blocked by the lifeboat cover below it as show in the first shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=360642&d=1440781442

Outward view from 7014, lower balcony in the shot below, will be slightly obstructed to the right by the ship's forward superstructure but downward view is fine as shown in my first shot in post 13 above.

attachment.php?attachmentid=360643&d=1440781442

RadBalcony.jpg.00f1809da1c1852f746ba51304b1a061.jpg

DSC05018a.jpg.176db1a92778ce64f3c0398a3fd7796d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Downward view from 8140 will be blocked by the lifeboat cover below it as show in the first shot.

Outward view from 7014, lower balcony in the shot below, will be slightly obstructed to the right by the ship's forward superstructure but downward view is fine as shown in my first shot in post 13 above.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information!

Thanks for the pictures! I am surprised to see that you still had the life boat cover under you, in room 7592. I didn't think it went around the hump.

Does anyone have more info as far as the forward most extended balcony on a Radiance class ship, and possible noise from being above the Theater? At least it appears to be above the theater. :)

Also, deck 8, around the 8140 or 8640 area, what do you see below? Straight down to water, or to life boat cover, then water?

Thanks for the replies, just trying to make the best decision I can. :eek:

Kathy

That cover tapers to aft side of the balcony for 7594 as shown in the shot below of that balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=360645&d=1440782325

We've been in cabins 7520 and 7024 on Radiance and had no issues with noise from the theater.

RadianceCabin7594a.jpg.553e2a9454c0e6ff22e241cb38a014aa.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

That cover tapers to aft side of the balcony for 7594 as shown in the shot below of that balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=360645&d=1440782325

We've been in cabins 7520 and 7024 on Radiance and had no issues with noise from the theater.

Thank you for all of your help!

• 7 months later...