Internet package. How many machines ?

librarian

On Thursday leaving for Seattle for 2 week Zaandam cruise. If you purchase a cruise package, how many different kinds of machines can be hooked up. Grand daughter needs a machine for school studies and I would like to use one. Thanks

Edited by librarian
Spelling

You pay for each user name. User name is based on name and cabin and to use your paid internet package a family member would have to sign in as you.

So when my grand daughter is off her machine, I can sign on? We are in same cabin. Some ships allow 2 in cabin at same time. Seems like a lot of money.

Yes, only one machine on-line at a time per internet account. That one internet account can be shared with however many people/cabins as you want--but only one computer/laptop/phone/netbook can use the account at a time.

Yes, it is a LOT of money compared to current day standards. Do as much "off line" as you can and utilize wifi zones and businesses when in port. It sounds as if you're doing a 2 week Alaska cruise. Use your phones for internet when you're in a USA port (even though you're a far way from home, your'er still free!), especially considering some of the ship's docks are too close to the walls of mountains to get good cruise ship cellular reception when you're on board during an "at shore day". If you travel to/through Canada, some plans (like Verizon) are free and included in your stateside plan!

So we do not have to get different users or passwords?

You will have to use the same pass word to access the ship's internet. You will maintain your usual individual password for your separate devices.

One person signs on at a time.

If you buy two packages, one in each person's name on the cabin role, you then could have two accounts to use at the same time. On long voyages when a spiff is given to sign up early that provides a block of free internet for each person in the cabin, they actually have to create separate accounts in order to use up the minutes.

harry

• 2 weeks later...

How can a mobile hot spot not have to go through the ship' internet to the satellite to avoid paying HAL for internet use? Is it possible to connect to the satellite?

Edited by sail7seas

How can a mobile hot spot not have to go through the ship' internet to the satellite to avoid paying HAL for internet use? Is it possible to connect to the satellite?
You do still go through the stalitle in this case, but the HAL system only sees it as one connection (the hotspot windows 10 computer) and the rest connect to that computer that is sharing its connection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If you have windows 10 you can create a mobile hotspot and share a single connection over multiple devices. More here
There are also devices that do the same thing if Windows 10 connection sharing is not an option for you, or if you prefer it. This is one of the recommended devices for sharing Delta airlines onboard internet.

https://www.hootoo.com/hootoo-tripmate-nano-ht-tm02-wireless-portable-router.html

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Does anyone have current information about the prices for internet packages? We’ll be sailing HAL for the first time this fall.

The by the minute packages range from $55 (100 minutes) to $250 (1,000 miutes).

IIRC correctly, the 500 minute package was $150 but my meory is short. I did post it on my LIVE thread.

Now if you are on the Westerdam or another ship with unlimited internet, the packages are different.

You do still go through the stalitle in this case, but the HAL system only sees it as one connection (the hotspot windows 10 computer) and the rest connect to that computer that is sharing its connection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Good to kno.w

I'd bring my Windows 10 lap top

The by the minute packages range from $55 (100 minutes) to $250 (1,000 miutes).

IIRC correctly, the 500 minute package was $150 but my meory is short. I did post it on my LIVE thread.

Now if you are on the Westerdam or another ship with unlimited internet, the packages are different.

Sounds like these plans are going away fast. Eurodam had these plans last November, but now has the new plans.

Sounds like these plans are going away fast. Eurodam had these plans last November, but now has the new plans.
Which?

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Going away from the 1000 minutes for $250, 500 for $175, 250 for $100 plans.
Unfortunately, they haven't changed over to the unlimited plans fast enough for us.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.