Carnival Fantasy without Mikey?

sardam

I was on the Fantasy April 2017 and Mikey was the cruise director. He was amazing. I don't usually care who the cruise director is, they aren't going to make or break my holiday. He was the first cruise director in my 15 cruises that actually stood out. We will be in the south again this fall and I'm deciding between the Triumph (about a half hour closer to where we will be) or the Fantasy. Last year we really enjoyed the Fantasy but I'm wondering if it will be disappointing without Mikey.

Anyone been on with and without him. Is it still a fun crew with plenty going on?

I've been on 40+ cruises and couldn't even tell you who the cruise director was on any of them. If the cruise director is important to you, I hope you get a great one on your next cruise. It sounds like Mikey is a good one.

Benjamin Lambert is currently CD on Fantasy, until near end of October. He's very good and lots of fun. We, too, have enjoyed sailing with Mikey, but also found Benjamin a hoot! The Fun Squad is still visible and energizing. We head out on Fantasy on Monday.

Benjamin Lambert is currently CD on Fantasy, until near end of October. He's very good and lots of fun. We, too, have enjoyed sailing with Mikey, but also found Benjamin a hoot! The Fun Squad is still visible and energizing. We head out on Fantasy on Monday.

I agree about Ben, he was the CD when we were on the Ecstasy and he was great!

I've sailed on both ships, and I'd choose the Fantasy. We thought Mikey was great, but I'm sure that the CD and Fun Squad will be fine, and we felt that the Triumph felt very crowded as compared to the Fantasy class ships. They have pretty much the same amenities.

We just got off Fantasy in June 2018 and you are correct, Benjamin was great...enjoyed him.

• 4 weeks later...
You're right. I have never cared about a cruise director. Mikey was great and very talented.

I'm just curious, what exactly did he do that set him apart? Like a lot of people commenting here, the only time I ever even notice that we have a cruise director is if they are annoying.

Ben is my favorite CD. Carnival has a lot of good ones, but Ben is the best IMO.

I was on the Fantasy April 2017 and Mikey was the cruise director. He was amazing. I don't usually care who the cruise director is, they aren't going to make or break my holiday. He was the first cruise director in my 15 cruises that actually stood out. We will be in the south again this fall and I'm deciding between the Triumph (about a half hour closer to where we will be) or the Fantasy. Last year we really enjoyed the Fantasy but I'm wondering if it will be disappointing without Mikey.

Anyone been on with and without him. Is it still a fun crew with plenty going on?

where did he go?? the only good thing on that ship lol sorry to say.

I'm just curious, what exactly did he do that set him apart? Like a lot of people commenting here, the only time I ever even notice that we have a cruise director is if they are annoying.

Mikey is great but I think one of the biggest reasons he gets shout outs is because of the Mobile port location.

I sailed out of there end of January and the vast majority of ppl on board were locals. And regulars. Mikey literally seemed to know everyone personally from Day 1. As in, first name basis, how is “insert family member name here”, “the New Years party was nuts, wasn’t it?!”

So, he’s just a nice human being lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums