Passport Renewal

Butterbean1000

Hi,

A-It's no big deal ! You'll be fine .

The new passports should come back to you within about 3 weeks.

Even if they are a little late because of Christmas mail you should still be fine!

Even if something happens and you don't get them(which I doubt) using birth certificates is also fine.

With the holidays approaching, I would send them in ASAP via Priority Mail. I got mine back in exactly 2 weeks when doing this in September I think it was. You may be a little bit later than that with Christmas, but I feel confident you will have them well before Feb.

The hubs took them to the post office yesterday, priority and insured. The postman said they would get them by Monday, but said it could be 6+ weeks before we get them back. I hope he is wrong and you are right. :)

The hubs took them to the post office yesterday, priority and insured. The postman said they would get them by Monday, but said it could be 6+ weeks before we get them back. I hope he is wrong and you are right. :)

Oh, OK. Yes you will be fine. They have to tell you that. I’ll bet ya a DOD [emoji14]!

I’m so glad I didn’t pay for expedited as it would have been a waste of money. Oh and I also applied for a Passport Card at the same time. They came separate but were in a couple days of each other.

Did you pay the extra for expedited processing?

Did you pay the extra for expedited processing?
No. We thought if we didn't get them in time, we would just go the birth certificate route. We had a lot going on this year. My husband and I both had two surgeries this year. (It's quite possible I'll have a 3rd before we sail and I'll be on crutches for the cruise). So passport renewal wad lost in the shuffle. But it's all good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Also had it personally filed at post office with just regular processing. Got it in the mail 5 weeks after. I guess you’ll get yours in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a cruise in January and sent off to renew my passport with expedited service. I got my new passport 8 days later. My husband got his six days later. This was with our applications being sent overnight (I think there was a $23 fee for that). We sent our applications at different times. It may have been overkill on the extra expense, but I wanted to make sure there were no delays. Anyway, if anyone has to get a renewed passport processed very quickly, this is the way to do it.

I have a cruise in January and sent off to renew my passport with expedited service. I got my new passport 8 days later. My husband got his six days later. This was with our applications being sent overnight (I think there was a $23 fee for that). We sent our applications at different times. It may have been overkill on the extra expense, but I wanted to make sure there were no delays. Anyway, if anyone has to get a renewed passport processed very quickly, this is the way to do it.

You don't know how glad I am to hear that!!! Like the OP, we've had A LOT going on this year and it didn't begin to occur to me that our passports could be expired. I finally sat down the other day to complete our check-in for our 1/7 cruise and almost had a heart attack when I saw the expired date. I panicked an paid for the expedited processing and overnight each way then crossed my fingers and said a prayer. We do have our birth certs so during my freak out, my husband reminded me that there is a safety net if worse comes to worse. But I'm glad to hear that they will more than likely get here on time and I will just have to count the $173 this all cost extra as my stupid tax. :')

My renewal was sent off priority mail in late Oct and got here in 13 days. My 19 yr old daughter had to have hers done at the post office since it was her first as an adult. It took only 15 days even with the Thanksgiving holiday. My husband's was mailed priority mail a week ago and it is currently in processing according to the status update I just checked. We still have 4 weeks until we sail. I too let time get away from me.

We are sailing Feb 3. We just got our passport renewal request in the mail yesterday. Please tell me we will have enough time to get them back. We have never used birth certificates before, I'm guessing it's no big deal, right?

You will get them back.

We mailed our passport renewal applications and old passports in late November and the new ones arrived less than two weeks later. We did not do expedited applications. Our old passports came back to us yesterday, each with two holes punched through them so they cannot be used again. The renewals took a lot less time to receive than the originals we did 10 years ago.

Didnt read the applic first & had our pics done at Walgreens. Hubs got his back very soon, I got a letter saying redo pic-no glasses allowed in pic (& no smile).

Walgreens & others didnt know about this. It was changed Nov2016-no glasses & no smile.