Cheese and Crackers?

DoggyDaddy

I would say yes to both, the Lido usually has a nice spread of cheeses, etc. during the lunch period plus they also have some cheeses during the breakfast time. Also see no problem bring cheeses on at embarkation but not at port stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say yes to both, the Lido usually has a nice spread of cheeses, etc. during the lunch period plus they also have some cheeses during the breakfast time. Also see no problem bring cheeses on at embarkation but not at port stops.

You can bring food onboard at ports; you usually can't take food off.

I have ordered cheese and crackers from room service, not sure it is still an option, I'd have to search the boards for a rooms service menu.... I'll try. m--

I found a thread with an image of the room service menu: Available All Day includes a Cheese and Fruit plate with crackers, nuts and chutney. Enjoy, m--

Edited by RMLincoln

I have ordered cheese and crackers from room service, not sure it is still an option, I'd have to search the boards for a rooms service menu.... I'll try. m--

I found a thread with an image of the room service menu: Available All Day includes a Cheese and Fruit plate with crackers, nuts and chutney. Enjoy, m--

We were on the Amsterdam a few weeks ago. While I did find the cheese on the fruit and cheese plate to be very tasty, the crackers were just saltines. I did have to chuckle to myself when I saw the fruit on the plate ... there were two blueberries halves, a grape cut in half, and a couple of other bites of fruit. Needless to say, it is virtually impossible to starve on a cruise ship and it was a tasty snack, but I was not impressed with saltines!! LOL

There was a time when HAL used to put out hunks of cheese that you could cut yourself.

On our last couple of cruises, small plates of pre-cut cheese were put out at lunch time with 3 or 4 pieces of cheese on it.

Crackers were in a basket next to the cheese plates -- all saltines as mentioned.

Cool never tried it and didn't know you could, just knew you couldn't take food off. It is odd that they would let you bring food from a foreign port on the ship though?

Not sure what you mean by a "foreign" port on a cruise, foreign to what? HAL bring food on board at most ports, why not the passengers.

By foreign I meant any port outside of the US territory, poor choice of words. HAL bringing food onboard from vendors they choose and have used. A passenger could bring food onboard from a street vendor, totally different. JMHO

By foreign I meant any port outside of the US territory, poor choice of words. HAL bringing food onboard from vendors they choose and have used. A passenger could bring food onboard from a street vendor, totally different. JMHO

Don't understand why that would be an issue. They aren't shopping for you or me. But you are certainly entitled to your HO.:D

The Eurodam had little cheese and charcuterie plates made up in the Lido each day around lunch time. You could just move everything to a regular plate if you want something larger. Someone here suggested plate covers to keep things from drying out in the mini fridge. They're usually in the grocery store near the plastic bags. Near as I can tell, there basically shower caps. :) We didn't wind up using them, but we keep them in our collection of things we carry on a cruise but never use.

There was a time when HAL used to put out hunks of cheese that you could cut yourself.

On our last couple of cruises, small plates of pre-cut cheese were put out at lunch time with 3 or 4 pieces of cheese on it.

Crackers were in a basket next to the cheese plates -- all saltines as mentioned.

I used to really enjoy the large wedges of v arious cheese they put out at lunch in Lido and was disappointed when I discovered them gone. There also used to be a nic e wedge each afternoon in Neptune Lounge that we could cut a piece from. It was not \ there on Veendam.

I used to really enjoy the large wedges of v arious cheese they put out at lunch in Lido and was disappointed when I discovered them gone. There also used to be a nic e wedge each afternoon in Neptune Lounge that we could cut a piece from. It was not \ there on Veendam.

The first we saw the wedges gone from the Lido and the Neptune Lounge was in 2015 when we were on the Eurodam.

We were on the Amsterdam a few weeks ago. While I did find the cheese on the fruit and cheese plate to be very tasty, the crackers were just saltines. I did have to chuckle to myself when I saw the fruit on the plate ... there were two blueberries halves, a grape cut in half, and a couple of other bites of fruit. Needless to say, it is virtually impossible to starve on a cruise ship and it was a tasty snack, but I was not impressed with saltines!! LOL
Just off the Amsterdam and besides the saltines there were Melba toast and packets of Carr's water crackers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

At lunch the Pinacle Grill made up a lovely cheese board as a dessert item. I was too full from our lunch so I took it as a to go item for an afternoon snack. I wonder if one of those could be ordered from room service? I would be willing to pay for it.

The Eurodam had little cheese and charcuterie plates made up in the Lido each day around lunch time. You could just move everything to a regular plate if you want something larger. Someone here suggested plate covers to keep things from drying out in the mini fridge. They're usually in the grocery store near the plastic bags. Near as I can tell, there basically shower caps. :) We didn't wind up using them, but we keep them in our collection of things we carry on a cruise but never use.

I don't like to have uncovered food around but I use those plastic cov ers if I save a cookie or a muffin 'for later'. I always have a package of the plastic covers in my suitcase or in a pinch have been known to use one of the shower caps HAL provides. Keeps the food from attracitng bugs and hopefully keeps the cookie fresher. :)

I don't like to have uncovered food around but I use those plastic cov ers if I save a cookie or a muffin 'for later. I always have a package of the lastic covers in my suitcase or in a pinch have been known to use one of the shower caps HAL provides. Keeps the food from attracitng bugs and hopefully keeps the cookie fresher. :)

You're probably the one who made the suggestion! :) I just couldn't remember who it was. The ones I found at our grocery store are called Covermate Stretch To Fit Food Covers. I think they were about $3.75 for an assortment. We didn't use them on the ship, but they come in handy at home when you have something too tall for a normal plastic container. You know the situation. The item is too tall and the lid of the container won't fit.

Anyway... Thanks for the tip!