Did you lose your ring on the Rotterdam in March 2018?

I found a lovely ring on the Rotterdam last week. If you lost a ring in March 2018, give me a description of your ring and I'll see if it's the one I found. If so, I will be happy to mail it to you.

deehill@comcast.net ;)

Should have turned it into the Front Desk or at least let them know you have it in case the owner contacts HAL. What if the owner is not on CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How nice of you to post here.

But, please let HAL know. I am betting some frantic person is alreldy contacting them hoping that it has been turned in.

HAL's Lost and Found works well IF items are turned in.

Thank you all for your advice. I did not turn it in on the ship as the ship was headed for Mexico and any time I lost items on HAL, the lost and found did not find them. I did not want to trust this item there.

The first thing I did when I returned home today was to contact HAL to report finding the ring. They should know who had that cabin before me and be able to contact them.

My post here is in addition to that in case someone knows someone or in case the person seeks to find the ring on line.

I will not give up until I find the owner. Thank you all for helping.

Thank you all for your advice. I did not turn it in on the ship as the ship was headed for Mexico and any time I lost items on HAL, the lost and found did not find them. I did not want to trust this item there.

The first thing I did when I returned home today was to contact HAL to report finding the ring. They should know who had that cabin before me and be able to contact them.

My post here is in addition to that in case someone knows someone or in case the person seeks to find the ring on line.

Very kind of you to reach out. Hope you find the owner soon. Update us. Good Luck!

Forget the negativity here (which seems to be increasing by leaps and bounds). You’ve gone out of your way to reunite ring and wearer. I’m impressed with your generosity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who said anything negative [emoji17]

It is good of you to try here but I am not sure your taking the ring home was the best choice. It should have remained on the ship in custody of security or front office, assuming it is a ring of probable value I would have felt awful removing it from the ship From what you have written, it seems, it possibly belongs to the people who were in the cabin before you. HAL knows who they are, you do not to post here is a feel good conscience thing, IMO :( Such a small percentage of HAL cruisers come to CC

The chance of the owner getting the ring back once you removed it from the ship sank to very low

Ask someone in HAL Seattle office how you can get it into their cusdtody seeing they have a very much better chance than you of being contacted by the rightfulowner Wrap it, insure it and send it to whomever you are told to send it by someone at HAL offices

Edited by sail7seas

It is good of you to try here but I am not sure your taking the ring home was the best choice. It should have remained on the ship in custody of security or front office, assuming it is a ring of probable value I would have felt awful removing it from the ship From what you have written, it seems, it possibly belongs to the people who were in the cabin before you. HAL knows who they are, you do not to post here is a feel good conscience thing, IMO :( Such a small percentage of HAL cruisers come to CC

The chance of the owner getting the ring back once you removed it from the ship sank to very low

Ask someone in HAL Seattle office how you can get it into their cusdtody seeing they have a very much better chance than you of being contacted by the rightfulowner Wrap it, insure it and send it to whomever you are told to send it by someone at HAL offices

The OP never said the ring was found in a cabin, it could have been found anywhere on the ship. They also mentioned having already contacted HAL offices. By posting on here, I'm sure they are trying to cover all avenues of finding the owner.

The OP never said the ring was found in a cabin, it could have been found anywhere on the ship. They also mentioned having already contacted HAL offices. By posting on here, I'm sure they are trying to cover all avenues of finding the owner.

I agree with you TrolleyGirl.

knotsaboutcruisin, you are doing a good thing (y)

I agree with you TrolleyGirl.

knotsaboutcruisin, you are doing a good thing (y)

See Post#6, the OP clearly states that HAL should know who had the cabin b4 them, so one must surmise the ring was found in the cabin.

Sail was correct!

in post

inPost # 6 ,

knots about cruisin wrote:

So, there is GOOD reason to think the ring was found in the Cabin Yes, OP did give indication the ring was found in the ca in

Thanks for pointing that out. I'd missed it in post 6. I still agree with the rest of Trolley Girl's post.

Yes, of course.. :D :D

Post # 6 above says:

On one of our cruises we found a small jewelry bow in the back of the safe. We took it right away to our concierges. They contacted HAL and gave the cabin number to them so that they could contact the previous occupants.

As I have mentioned -- very few cruisers -- maybe 2% -- belong to CC.

Through my own fault, I left a necklace on the nightstand in my cabin when we were on the Zuiderdam in January. There is NO DOUBT that it was left on the nightstand.

Sadly, it did not find its way back to me. I cannot begin to guess whether the room stewards found it and turned it in to Lost and Found or not. All I know is that it disappeared after I left the ship.

I have zero confidence in HAL returning an item and if I find myself in the situation of finding something that belongs to someone else ...... I, too, will take it with me and notify HAL after the fact. Sorry, but my necklace did not just throw itself overboard out of despair when I left it behind.

Through my own fault, I left a necklace on the nightstand in my cabin when we were on the Zuiderdam in January. There is NO DOUBT that it was left on the nightstand.

Sadly, it did not find its way back to me. I cannot begin to guess whether the room stewards found it and turned it in to Lost and Found or not. All I know is that it disappeared after I left the ship.

I have zero confidence in HAL returning an item and if I find myself in the situation of finding something that belongs to someone else ...... I, too, will take it with me and notify HAL after the fact. Sorry, but my necklace did not just throw itself overboard out of despair when I left it behind.

Ithaca Gal, I am sorry to hear this.

How long ago did you contact HAL if you don't mind me asking? They do have an e for the Lost and Found Department which is a good way to make sure that your claim is documented.

Depending on the ship's itinerary it can take up to a month or more for items to get to Seattle to the Lost and Found Department.

I found this out by experience when something precious of DH's fell on the floor during packing and was hidden by the bed covers and left behind. I had emailed HAL and low and behold, a couple of months later I received a phone call from HAL asking me to describe the item I had lost. I discovered that it had taken time for the item to get to them, get catalogued and then emails checked to see if anyone had reported this item missing.

They then sent the item to me (at no cost) by courier.

I am sharing in the hopes that this might help you be reunited with your necklace.

It is good of you to try here but I am not sure your taking the ring home was the best choice. It should have remained on the ship in custody of security or front office, assuming it is a ring of probable value I would have felt awful removing it from the ship From what you have written, it seems, it possibly belongs to the people who were in the cabin before you. HAL knows who they are, you do not to post here is a feel good conscience thing, IMO [emoji20] Such a small percentage of HAL cruisers come to CC

Agree. The ring should have been taken to the front desk. The owner has likely been looking for it, and it was probably from the prior occupant.

OP, now that you have the ring, have you tried the roll call on CC prior to yours, just in case someone there was in the cabin or knows who was?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ithaca Gal, I am sorry to hear this.

How long ago did you contact HAL if you don't mind me asking? They do have an e for the Lost and Found Department which is a good way to make sure that your claim is documented.

Depending on the ship's itinerary it can take up to a month or more for items to get to Seattle to the Lost and Found Department.

I found this out by experience when something precious of DH's fell on the floor during packing and was hidden by the bed covers and left behind. I had emailed HAL and low and behold, a couple of months later I received a phone call from HAL asking me to describe the item I had lost. I discovered that it had taken time for the item to get to them, get catalogued and then emails checked to see if anyone had reported this item missing.

They then sent the item to me (at no cost) by courier.

I am sharing in the hopes that this might help you be reunited with your necklace.

Thank you, Kazu.

We left the Zuiderdam on Saturday, January 27th. I contacted HAL first thing Monday, the 29th. They promised a call within the week. When that didn’t happen, I called again the next week and left a message. When that message wasn’t answered, I called again a few days later. A very nice woman took my report, apologized for the lack of response from HAL, and said she would take over my case. She asked if I would prefer to be notified by call or email ... when they had anything to tell me. I said “call”. That call never came but I received an EMAIL a few weeks later, telling me nothing was turned in.

Thank you, Kazu.

We left the Zuiderdam on Saturday, January 27th. I contacted HAL first thing Monday, the 29th. They promised a call within the week. When that didn’t happen, I called again the next week and left a message. When that message wasn’t answered, I called again a few days later. A very nice woman took my report, apologized for the lack of response from HAL, and said she would take over my case. She asked if I would prefer to be notified by call or email ... when they had anything to tell me. I said “call”. That call never came but I received an EMAIL a few weeks later, telling me nothing was turned in.

I'm sorry you did not get it back but at least you know someone did follow up and had it ben turned in, you would have had a chance of it being returned to you

Sorry, but my necklace did not just throw itself overboard out of despair when I left it behind.

Sorry to get a giggle at your expense, but this visual is way too funny. ;p It must have know it was an extra special necklace and it couldn't go on without you. (Almost like the Heart of the Ocean in Titanic)