Aqua class staterooms on Eclipse

dgcruises

Are all cabin layouts the same on the Penthouse deck 11?

Looking at the plans I cannot tell what the location of the bed is, near the veranda or bathroom images from Celebrity site all seem to show the bad by the balcony even for the concierge rooms for 4. It was my understanding that rooms for 4 all had the bed by the bathroom.

Very interested in this also...I'm going to be in #1552 on Eclipse and from one picture I could find (now deleted) it showed my bed on the left as you enter nearest the bathroom with the love seat by the balcony. Would appreciate knowing if this is true...However I'll know for sure in a few weeks.

All Aqua Class rooms are for two individuals. The rooms do alternate between the bed by the bath and bed by the veranda. It is this way as how the ship was constructed.

Very interested in this also...I'm going to be in #1552 on Eclipse and from one picture I could find (now deleted) it showed my bed on the left as you enter nearest the bathroom with the love seat by the balcony. Would appreciate knowing if this is true...However I'll know for sure in a few weeks.

My favorite cabin! Been it in 4 times on various ships. The bed is by the balcony. We like this for a couple of reasons. The room is much larger looking when you walk in, you don't need to walk around the bed. Second reason is wife likes to lay on bed and look out to sea, Much easier with bed by the balcony.

But, we go by location and don't even consider where the bed is. Doesn't really make a big difference. Large balcony is way more important

All Aqua Class rooms are for two individuals. The rooms do alternate between the bed by the bath and bed by the veranda. It is this way as how the ship was constructed.

But how do you know what your cabin layout is? If you go to Celebrity site a put in your cabin number then put in the adjoining room you get the same image with bed near the balcony.

Anyone know the layout of 1578?

But how do you know what your cabin layout is? If you go to Celebrity site a put in your cabin number then put in the adjoining room you get the same image with bed near the balcony.

The bed is near the bath. Check out the cabin spreadsheet listed at the top of the forum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYvbGYBf2WB3jSFTVuliFltauVnhdqfheWJTeFujSbs/edit#gid=888679914

The cabins are built in pairs. For example, on an Equinox cruise last September, friends shared a pair with us: 1561 on the left and 1559 on the right (when facing the water.) 1561 on the left had the bed near the balcony while 1559 on the right had the bed near the closet and bath. Same with 1552 on the left (balcony) and 1554 on the right (bath.) Also 1576 on the left (balcony) and 1578 on the right (bath.)

You just have to count down by twos starting with the first cabin not on the slant to find which pair your cabin is part of and then note whether your cabin is on the left (balcony) or right (bath) of your pair.

There is a "sticky" spreadsheet at the top of the Celebrity sub-forum page that provides cabin reviews--including bed position--for many staterooms on the Solstice-Class ships [Deck plans are virtually identical on Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette; Reflection has some differences]... Following is a link to the spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYvbGYBf2WB3jSFTVuliFltauVnhdqfheWJTeFujSbs/edit#gid=888679914

Tab down until you get to Stateroom #1578 [records #528, 529, and 530] and you'll find that, in that cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bath...

That said, your question was indirectly answered earlier in this thread without consulting the spreadsheet...

• Duanerice1 noted that 1552 [i like that cabin too] has the bed adjacent to the balcony...
  • In the following post, keesar properly notes that bed position alternates one room to the next between being adjacent to the bath and balcony...

Moving rearward along the starboard side [even numbered cabins; port side cabins are odd numbered] of Deck 11 and knowing that the bed in 1552 is adjacent to the balcony, 1556, 1560, 1564, 1568, 1572, 1576, and 1580 [etc] will also have the bed adjacent to the balcony...

By implication 1554, 1558, 1562, 1566, 1570, 1574, 1578, 1582, [etc] will have the bed adjacent to the bath...

My favorite cabin! Been it in 4 times on various ships. The bed is by the balcony. We like this for a couple of reasons. The room is much larger looking when you walk in, you don't need to walk around the bed. Second reason is wife likes to lay on bed and look out to sea, Much easier with bed by the balcony.

But, we go by location and don't even consider where the bed is. Doesn't really make a big difference. Large balcony is way more important

So when you enter.... The sitting area is immediately on the left and the bed is on the left nearest the balcony on Eclipse?

Thank you so much...this location just ended up being what was available when we upgraded from Veranda #9290 (1B) then to #9292 (1A) and then ultimately to #1552....We paid nothing for the first upgrade and then opted to pay $180.00 for the two of us to move to #1552...money well spent at least for us for the location.

So when you enter.... The sitting area is immediately on the left and the bed is on the left nearest the balcony on Eclipse?

Thank you so much...this location just ended up being what was available when we upgraded from Veranda #9290 (1B) then to #9292 (1A) and then ultimately to #1552....We paid nothing for the first upgrade and then opted to pay $180.00 for the two of us to move to #1552...money well spent at least for us for the location.

Yes to your question. And this is my favorite location. Be aware that there is a large overhang but we like it. I don't want a lot of sun and we can sit out there even if it's raining. There is no sound from above either.

Yes to your question. And this is my favorite location. Be aware that there is a large overhang but we like it. I don't want a lot of sun and we can sit out there even if it's raining. There is no sound from above either.

The overhang is going to be perfect for our itinerary...Ireland, Iceland & Scotland.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my post...much appreciated.

BTW...Love your hometown city ... have been there many times visiting family.

The overhang is going to be perfect for our itinerary...Ireland, Iceland & Scotland.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my post...much appreciated.

BTW...Love your hometown city ... have been there many times visiting family.

If you are going to do any reading, bring a light, they do not have lights on the balconies.

Thanks for all the info. Was hoping for bed near the balcony but not to be.

I don't know when you cruise or sailing date is, but you can always change staterooms within the same category anytime before you sail.

On the deck plans the cabins with the black square have beds by the bathroom

As noted above, AquaClass cabins--the subject of the Original Poster's inquiry--have a maximum capacity of two guests...

While I understand that your observation as cited is true in other stateroom categories [the black square denotes the presence of a convertible sofa bed], it does not apply to AquaClass cabins [none of the sofas in AquaClass staterooms are convertible to accommodate more than two cabin occupants; none will have a black square on the deck plan]...

As noted above, AquaClass cabins--the subject of the Original Poster's inquiry--have a maximum capacity of two guests...

While I understand that your observation as cited is true in other stateroom categories [the black square denotes the presence of a convertible sofa bed], it does not apply to AquaClass cabins [none of the sofas in AquaClass staterooms are convertible to accommodate more than two cabin occupants; none will have a black square on the deck plan]...

True, but all the decks are mirror images of each other For example, AQ 1547 -- the corresponding stateroom on Deck 10 is 1075 which has a square (bed by the bath), so 1547 will have bed by the bath also. Since they alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, just count.

We were on the Eclipse in Feb, the bed is near the balcony.

Fabulous cabin huge balcony.

For information the next cabin the bed is by the wardrobe, then the balcony

Since they alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, just count.

Which is why I suggested that one count from an established deck-specific reference point in my earlier post here...

I'm not sure that one who hasn't sailed/hasn't sailed much with Celebrity would necessarily know that the decks essentially overlay [Decks 10 and 11 are interrupted by a series of differing Suites aft of the forward-facing mid-ships slant before the pattern picks up again; Deck 12 is entirely different--versus Decks 10 and 11--right up to the rear most balcony cabins on both Port and Starboard]...

I was merely pointing out that reference to a black square on the deck plan doesn't work for AquaClass; not all who sail in that stateroom category would necessarily know that cabin occupancy is limited to two or that none of the AQ cabins--again, the subject of inquiry for this thread--features a convertible sofa bed other than--perhaps--by the total absence of the black squares on the deck plan for AquaClass cabins after reading the suggestion posted above [which does, I believe, work reliably on Decks 6 through 9]...

I've sailed enough to have my favorite cabins/favorite bed configuration [not sure why but I prefer adjacency to the balcony] but--at the end of the day--I'm relatively indifferent if availability at the time of booking suggests I need be...