Princess gift card promotion

caribill

Princess has a gift card promotion this week until next Monday.

Buy a $500 gift card and get a free $25 gift card (which must be used by the end of next February).

So if you can make use of that free card by the end of February, you may want to look into this promotion.

I did it once in the past but that time I only had to buy $300 worth of gift cards in order to get the $25 free. We were planning to spend the cash with Princess anyway so it worked out well for us. I'm not sure if we will be cruising early next year or not so I'm on the fence about it this time.

Princess has a gift card promotion this week until next Monday.

Buy a $500 gift card and get a free $25 gift card (which must be used by the end of next February).

So if you can make use of that free card by the end of February, you may want to look into this promotion.

Can the $25 free card be applied to an existing booking?

% note enough to make me take a bite even though we are cruising on CB on Sunday. Offer is for an electronic gift certificate and can be applied to bookings or used on board.

Here is a link to the FAQs: http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=sales:AeuDahFBnDk5

Thanks for posting this. I see on the gift card FAQ that the card can be applied to one's on-board account, but it also says "land excursions" are not included. Does this mean the Princess shore excursions or something else? Thanks for any clarification.

Can the $25 free card be applied to an existing booking?

yes, so long as you do so by Feb 29, 2017. We have payments due next month so we are treating each other. I seem to remember last year it was get $50 on a $1000 dollar gift card. Still 5%, but I wonder why the change of domination.

Just bought $500 card and received the $25 gift card. Bit of a pain because I am Canadian and the booking was in Canadian. Took three different tries before I found a Princess rep that could do it, but it is now in my OBC for an April cruise. I would have bought more, but they are adamant about the 1 offer per customer. Still, not a bad deal. I would have spent the money anyway.

Just bought $500 card and received the $25 gift card. Bit of a pain because I am Canadian and the booking was in Canadian. Took three different tries before I found a Princess rep that could do it, but it is now in my OBC for an April cruise.

Is your OBC in U.S. dollars?

Yes, booking was in Canadian, and OBC account was in US. Gift cards were paid for by a $US credit card. Princess does not do well converting between currencies, but when you get a good agent all goes smoothly. You cannot put $US toward a sailing paid for in Canadian, but you can buy OBC. You cannot get the gift card in plastic in Canada, but you can get it in electronic form.

I have a cruise in Jan. booked (and paid for) in CAD. The onboard folio charges will be in USD. If I bought 5, $100 gift cards, I assume I could use the $25 promo card against my folio charges.

Here's the question though - could I use one of the $100 cards to pay for a future cruise deposit (in USD) made onboard?

Bill,

yes you can use your gift card to purchase future cruise deposits while on board - but you must not apply the gift card to your shipboard account. Keep the pin number and gift card number and simply provide them to the FCD desk and you can purchase FCDs.

Don

Bill,

yes you can use your gift card to purchase future cruise deposits while on board - but you must not apply the gift card to your shipboard account. Keep the pin number and gift card number and simply provide them to the FCD desk and you can purchase FCDs.

Thanks Don. I just did it - bought five, $100 cards and got the $25 'bonus card'. Because I'm on the Diamond in January, I'll put the $25 card and probably one of the $100 cards toward my onboard folio (I've pre-paid the gratuities... and won't be drinking too much... or buying crap), and will use another of the $100 cards to pay for a FCD onboard. That leaves me $300 to put toward payment for the 'next' cruise (whatever that is).

I look at it as though I've just 'invested' $500 with Princess at (an instant) 5% return.... way better than any bank will give me on a GIC. The only possible downsides are I have to book the next cruise in USD; or I could kick the bucket before my bucket list is full and I use up the cards... LOL.

Only 1 per customer and 1 per order. Was going to order six $500 ones to cover most of our next cruise but can't do it. :mad:

I don't see anything in the 'Q&A' about a limit of one per customer. Why don't you make six orders?

I don't see anything in the 'Q&A' about a limit of one per customer. Why don't you make six orders?

"The $25 Promotional gift card is limited to one (1) per customer during this promotion and will be delivered to the recipient as a digital gift card only. Promotional gift card expires on 2/29/2017."

Thanks for posting this. I see on the gift card FAQ that the card can be applied to one's on-board account, but it also says "land excursions" are not included. Does this mean the Princess shore excursions or something else? Thanks for any clarification.

I think it means the land part of a Princess cruisetour, for example in Alaska before or after the cruise itself.

yes, so long as you do so by Feb 29, 2017. We have payments due next month so we are treating each other. I seem to remember last year it was get $50 on a $1000 dollar gift card. Still 5%, but I wonder why the change of domination.

The web site does not recognize that there is no February 29 in 2017.