USA TODAY Article

iceman111

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Giant new Carnival cruise ship begins sailing from Miami

https://usat.ly/2MQUADP

Interesting read...funny how they said Carnival no longer has a ship in the top 30 for size. After being on the Allure of the Seas last year...a big no thank you to those mega ships.

I hope carnival keeps the size in check. Biggest one I like is the Breeze and I actually love the mid sized ships even better.

It’s almost like the headline and article were written by different people - the article mentioned that Carnival has none of the 30 largest cruise ships in operation.

The top 30 (including ocean liners) currently looks like this:

1 to 4 - Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class - >225,000 gross tons

5 - MSC Meraviglia - 171,598 gross tons

6 to 8 - Royal Caribbean’s Quantum class - 168,666 gross tons

9 to 11 - Norwegian’s Breakway Plus class - 164,600 to 167,800 gross tons

12 - Norwegian Epic - 155,873 gross tons

13 to 15 - Royal Caribbean’s Freedom class - 154,407 to 155,889 gross tons

16 to 17 - MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview - 153,516 gross tons

18 - Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 - 151,400 tons

19 to 20 - Norwegian’s Breakway Class - 145,655 to 146,600 gross tons

21 to 23 - Princess’s Royal Class - 141,000 to 143,000 tons

24 to 26 - Royal Caribbean’s Voyager class (except Voyager of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas) - 137,308 to 139,570 gross tons

27 to 30 - MSC’s Fantasia class - 137,936 to 139,400 gross tons

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Giant new Carnival cruise ship begins sailing from Miami

https://usat.ly/2MQUADP

Interesting read...funny how they said Carnival no longer has a ship in the top 30 for size. After being on the Allure of the Seas last year...a big no thank you to those mega ships.

I hope carnival keeps the size in check. Biggest one I like is the Breeze and I actually love the mid sized ships even better.

I agree. I am not interested in those mega ships. They lose the intimacy. Looks beautiful, but I love the smaller to mid size ships. Hope Carnival doesn't get carried away like RCCL did. Bigger is not always better.

Give us Paradise, Fantasy, Elation. We like Fantasy class. Keep the crowds and giant ships for others.
If I was given a free cruise on any Fantasy Class ship, I would turn it down. Been there, done that. Luckily there are cruisers like yourself that keep the shorter length, smaller size ships in business.

If I was given a free cruise on any Fantasy Class ship, I would turn it down. Been there, done that. Luckily there are cruisers like yourself that keep the shorter length, smaller size ships in business.

We would never turn down any cruise on any size ship. We have been on Glory and Dream when she was new. We just didn't like the longer lines and bigger crowd. We will be happy to keep the Fantasy class in business. Have fun in the masses.

We would never turn down any cruise on any size ship. We have been on Glory and Dream when she was new. We just didn't like the longer lines and bigger crowd. We will be happy to keep the Fantasy class in business. Have fun in the masses.

The Oasis class ships don’t have nearly as bad of an overcrowding problem as Carnival does. Royal Caribbean handles the available passenger space and manages the flow of their logistics much better than their competition.

Unlike you, given the opportunity, I would never select a Fantasy class ship when the other option is presented as an Oasis class ship.

Same here! I stopped cruising those a dozen years ago because they were too Farkustastic, old and rusty back then.

Same here! I stopped cruising those a dozen years ago because they were too Farkustastic, old and rusty back then.

Usually, that's all I can afford to cruise on. Guess that makes me a bad person, or worthy of scorn and ridicule. I wonder, is there a special forum for people who cruise on Carnival who aren't bourgeoisie?

Usually, that's all I can afford to cruise on. Guess that makes me a bad person, or worthy of scorn and ridicule. I wonder, is there a special forum for people who cruise on Carnival who aren't bourgeoisie?
You're not worthy of scorn and ridicule if the shorter cruises on older, smaller ships from drivable ports is your vacation of choice. And since bourgeoisie is middle class, you would need to be a member of it to be able to afford to cruise. But I guess it all comes down to your perspective as to whether you would consider yourself a member or not.

You're not worthy of scorn and ridicule if the shorter cruises on older, smaller ships from drivable ports is your vacation of choice. And since bourgeoisie is middle class, you would need to be a member of it to be able to afford to cruise. But I guess it all comes down to your perspective as to whether you would consider yourself a member or not.

The condescension is palpable.

Pro tip: The first result in Google is not always correct.

To each his own, but I really enjoy the Farkus-designed ships. They each have a theme and I find it interesting and entertaining to follow the pattern throughout the ship and figure out those hidden or lesser-known details and their meaning (such as the Rolls Royce sitting in the Promenade of the Ecstasy).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums