Royal princess mini suite question

Mslmesq

anyone get a mini suite on the royal? I’m used to all the minis being on dolphin, so this is new for me.

Looking to book on the riviera deck I guess, but I’d like thoughts from anyone that has had a mini on this ship.

ThaNks!!!

anyone get a mini suite on the royal? I’m used to all the minis being on dolphin, so this is new for me.

Looking to book on the riviera deck I guess, but I’d like thoughts from anyone that has had a mini on this ship.

ThaNks!!!

Booked an M1 on Regal, but not yet boarded. From that vantage all I can say is

that the balconies are smaller than Grand-class ships, and not all the same size.

Oh! And the balconies starboardside have the glass-floored Skywalk looking down

onto them.

Thanks!!!

If you are looking to book one of the mid ship angled balcony cabins they are under the sea walk. I would select the port side which is under the Sea View Bar as opposed to the starboard side which is under the open sea walk. I would also move down a few decks to be out of the view of those that may be on the sea walks. If you are looking to book in another location, not under the sea walks, then deck 14 is ok. Balconies for cabins not under the sea walk are all hobbit sized, 9'x4', the same as standard balcony cabins.

I I would select the port side which is under the Sea View Bar as opposed to the starboard side which is under the open sea walk. I would also move down a few decks to be out of the view of those that may be on the sea walks. If you are looking to book in another location, not under the sea walks, then deck 14 is ok. Balconies for cabins not under the sea walk are all hobbit sized, 9'x4', the same as standard balcony cabins.

On our first Royal Princess cruise we had an Owners Suite (D727) and will never do that again (lots of soot, didn't like the size and layout compared to suites on the Grand class). On our second we had mini-suite C410 under the Sea View Bar with an angled balcony. Loved that. On our 3rd we were traveling with 2 cabins of family who wanted mini-suites but didn't want to pay extra for a mid-ship cabin. We chose side by side cabins on Riviera (R327) and even though the balcony is smaller we still enjoyed the cabins for 25 days. We were only 2 passengers per cabin so that certainly made a difference -- if there had been 3 or 4 we would have had to take shifts on the balconies!

We just finished our New England/Canada cruise on the Royal where we had a mini suite on Riviera (R212). We were forward, and did experience more rolling motion in the evening than we have on any other cruise. In the past we have sailed on the Caribbean Princess (mini-suite twice, suite once) and Coral Princess (mini-suite), as well as mini-suites and suites on Norwegian.

This mini-suite is similar to others, but for some reason felt a little smaller? But perhaps that's because our last cruise was in a suite?

The balcony is much smaller, and we never sat on it once during the 10 day cruise. We would step out, stand for awhile, then go back inside. It really is too small to be comfortable for sitting and relaxing.

As many will report, the Royal is a large, but lovely, ship. However, this stateroom needs updating. The couch was worn and very uncomfortable. The carpet was stained and appeared worn/dirty in places. I was surprised and disappointed by this, and let Princess know in our post-cruise survey. In addition, our TV's were out for about a day and a half. (I think this was ship-wide but cannot confirm). We each received a $25 credit to our account for the inconvenience.

We all look for different things in a stateroom/ship. I far preferred the Coral and the Caribbean Princess over the Royal.

We stayed in Riviera 515 mini-suite on the Royal this past August. The balcony was small, but good enough for looking at the sights from. We really enjoyed the room and the bathroom with tub/shower. It was our first mini-suite on any ship, so we were very pleased. The couch was good. We enjoyed the extra square footage, and the bathtub had lots of grab bars for getting in and out. I did not feel unsafe at all.

The mini-suites on the bow (Marina and Lido) are large with gigantic balconies. They sell them as obstructed. The "obstruction" is having steel instead of blue glass below the railing. See this video. It's the Regal, but the same configuration.

Edited by releck97

We have had mini-suites on both the Royal and Regal and loved them. Unlike previous ships, they do not have the curvatures in the middle of the cabin for the desk and TVs which makes them feel much bigger. As others have said, be cognizant of the Seaview. The balconies are small, but nothing we can't live with.

I have a hold on r339. Can anyone tell me if that is far enough front to miss the skywalk. I cannot be sure from the diagram.

Thank you! ��

You are forward of the Skywalk. On the deck plans the cabins under the Skywalk and the Sea View Bar all have angled balconies. On Riviera Deck they are R409 to R433 and R410 to R432.

We were in a Mini suite on Marina deck, M422. It was just like other mini suites. I realized I enjoy being closer to the ocean, and not so far up because you hear the ocean less up there. :) The balcony was tiny, but that's OK. We didn't spend much time there. We were on the Sky bar side. It did not bother us, but the blue lights that covered our balcony were annoying. I was happy with the location because it was close to the pool and I loved the ship, but next time I will book a different cabin.

For the recent Transatlantic of the Regal (sister ship to the Royal), we were in minisuite A414 and absolutely loved it. The location midship (right next to a Club Class cabin) was wonderful, and the balcony was angled and quite large. (Of course, the crossing was cold so as luck would have it, we were unable to enjoy that spacious balcony!)

I would book this cabin again without hesitation.