State Room

dogladyjw

What kind of staeroom do you book?  

465 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of staeroom do you book?

• Penthouse Suite
    • Deluxe Veranda Suite
    • Veranda Suite
    • Outside
    • Large Inside
    • Standard Inside

Steerage---or at least the modern equivalent of steerage.

If I'm by myself I usually book a J-category inside; cabin J-345 on the S-class ships if I can get it. If it's the Rotterdam or Amsterdam I want K-2619.

If I book a guaranteed share I have to book K-category for an inside.

At least I'm on the ship!

We always book a fully obstructed view outside (super cheap) and take our chances. We are always upgraded to a full view outside. If we lose and get the full obstruct cabin, it's OK as well, because all we want is natural light in the window. We seldom spend much time looking out the window except, perhaps, when we arrive or depart a port.

I'm with Sow There, but my DW likes a higher outside. We once got an upgrade to a Verandah Room (now called a Mini-Suite) on the maiden voyage of the Ryndam several years ago so she thinks it might happen again. Hasn't. :(

We booked Cat. K - main - first one outside 2638 (Zaandam) second time Nov (05) inside 600 Veendam.

We have booked all other cruises inside cabin - midship. 4 Carnival and 2 NCL and now will be our 2nd - looking forward our 3rd someday

We booked Cat. K - main - first one outside 2638 (Zaandam) second time Nov (05) inside 600 Veendam.

We have booked all other cruises inside cabin - midship. 4 Carnival and 2 NCL and now will be our 2nd HAl - looking forward our 3rd someday in 2006

I posted on the other thread before I saw this one. But my answer has changed a lot over the years. I can honestly say Now I would prefer to book a Full Suite. We have found the "Value" in the added expense. Since we have found the cruising is now our vacation of choice we have just changed our priority of where we spend our money so that we can book a suite. If things changed in my life I might consider a different catagory but for right now I will probably always book a suite. The only exception I see right now is the New Noordam, if prices don't drop and we do really want to go in spring 2006 we may book a SS or possibly one of the "V's":)

Although we really, really enjoy the "suite" life, and we have been fortunate to able to cruise several times in a Cat S, we can live with any verandah category. Our favorite non-Cat S cabin is a Cat A on the S-class ships. We like the proximity to the aft staircase and the quiet of the Nav deck. Also, with a Cat A, if the upgrade fairy were to smile on us, the only upgrade is to a Cat S or PH (yeah, fat chance)!

When budget permits it, we prefer a Cat S, but they sure are expensive lately . . . . at least for the cruises we have booked already!

When budget permits it, we prefer a Cat S, but they sure are expensive lately . . . . at least for the cruises we have booked already!

Bill, I agree, if we were to book cruises that were longer than 7 days we would probably go SS on the Vista Class. But since they are all 7 day we felt we could easily spend the extra money. I do remember in summer of 2003 when we were booking our 2004 Alaska the prices of the SS and S were so much higher that we would not even consider. For some reason Alaska always cost quite a bit more. But for Mexican Riveria and Caribbean you can usually find good prices.

I would love to be in the ROYAL Penthouse Suite, but we have always just booked outside view. This time, thanks to our wonderful, beautiful, spectacular 3 children, we will be living the interior life in a large room close by. Should be an expereience. Everybody's got to live a little!:)

I usually get a cabin to myself, so with the single supplement, I go for the inside cabin. BUT I am trying the "suite life" on the Zuiderdam when I sail with my friends. I may be spoiled after this cruise.

Archived