ever booked a guaranteed balcony cabin on Ovation or any ship?

I have just booked a 14 day New Zealand cruise on Ovation leaving 28th November. The booking is held for 3 days before I have to pay our deposit. I have never booked a guaranteed balcony cabin before and am hoping it works out OK. Is there a possibility that we could end up with a balcony cabin with an obstructed view? The category just says "Oceanview Balcony Guaranteed".

Thank you for any advice you can give.

We booked a GTY balcony on Anthem a couple of years ago knowing that we could end up in an obstructed view but the price was worth it. We ended up getting assigned a deck seven balcony mid-ship with a beautiful view. You could be lucky but don't expect it.

Thanks for the advice. I now know we could end up with an obstructed view balcony cabin but will still go for it as it is a good price and the main thing is we will have natural daylight. Really looking forard to the cruise as it will be our first time on the Ovation.

Thanks for the advice. I now know we could end up with an obstructed view balcony cabin but will still go for it as it is a good price and the main thing is we will have natural daylight. Really looking forard to the cruise as it will be our first time on the Ovation.

She’s a great ship and i’m sure you’ll have a great cruise. The natural light and being able to eat breakfast on the balcony is a big plus. And the solarium on Ovation is AMAZING

With guarantee cabins always expect to get the worse cabin in the category you booked for but you never know you may end up with better than you paid for. New Zealand is such a beautiful place that I'm sure you will have the trip of a lifetime

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked a guaranteed deluxe obstructed oceanview with balcony

on Ovation earlier this year in Aus, at a great price.

What we ended up with was a balcony room on deck 13 with the minimal obstruction of one upright pipe/tube with an overhung roof over the balcony.

We were under the entrance to the Windjammer, did not notice any noise but we were very handy for a quick coffee, juice or snack (maybe too close for the waistline!).

There were also some obstructed balconies on deck 6, I think, with the tenders up to rail height.

For the price we paid which was not much more than an inside room, we were very happy.

Edited by megsie

We did a guarantee balcony on a RC transatlantic almost two years ago. Since we also used a discount broker, I had no hopes of ending up with anything good, but price was great so we went for it. Unbelievably we got a fabulous balcony mid-ship on an upper level with totally unobstructed views. Nobody was more surprised than I.

We booked an Oceanview Balcony Guarantee on Navigator and we were given a Deck 7 Hump.

We risked it because the price was half of the cost of the other balcony cabins - so a no brainer for us. I wouldn't do it if there wasn't much of a difference in price or if there was a favourite aft available.

First time cabin in this location so looking forward to see what the fuss is all about.

You could check the rules for your side of the world. Over here in North America once a GTY cabin is assigned with a number you can switch to any other cabin in the same category without charge.

From my experience with Royal Caribbean Australia, once a GTY cabin is assigned you can not change from that cabin. Why I’m not sure.

We booked 3 gty balcony cabins on the Explorer of the Seas for 2016 Xmas and New Years cruise (ended up being a totally full ship!!!) We found out our cabin allocations almost a year in advance. We all got deck 8, mid ship, unobstructed, balcony cabins. My sister was on the same side as my parents and then she ended up cancelling her cabin. The TA was able to change my cabin to her then vacant cabin.

Edited by KCOZ
Error