T.V. Options?

jeniceglassman

Very limited. Espn and Espn2. MSNBC, Fox News, BBC and maybe a couple more that I didn't watch. Internet varies by ship. If Medallionnet isn't up and running you get a specific amount of free minutes depending on the length of the cruise. Or you can buy unlimited. Varies by ship.

I know Carnival owns Princess. Are the in cabin options for television as limited as the channels on Carnival? Is it true as a dreaded P word couple that we are now offered unlimited wifi? Your assistance is appreciated, in advance.
Carnival Corporation & Plc owns several cruise lines, including Cunard, Seaborne, Princess, Holland America, Princess, P&O, Costa, etc. The cruise lines are separate. Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess. What one cruise line does, does not necessarily affect the others.

Depending on where the ship is sailing, the ship may have CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, etc.

Carnival Corporation & Plc owns several cruise lines, including Cunard, Seaborne, Princess, Holland America, Princess, P&O, Costa, etc. The cruise lines are separate. Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess. What one cruise line does, does not necessarily affect the others.

Depending on where the ship is sailing, the ship may have CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, etc.

Thank you...

Is it true as a dreaded P word couple that we are now offered unlimited wifi?

I have no idea what the dreaded P word is, or how it specifically applies to a couple. I don't want to speculate as the words popping into my head would certainly run afoul of our friendly hosts.

But everyone on Princess is entitled to free access to the ship's WiFi intranet network that allows you to use your personal device to check your stateroom folio, view a quite incomplete version of the daily onboard schedule, reserve shore excursions, and send text messages to others you link to on the network.

The perk of a block of internet minutes, however, is for Princess Platinum and Elite loyalty members. There is no reciprocity between the other cruise lines owned by the same parent corporation and Princess, if that is what you are cryptically referring to.

The newer ships have lots of videos available on demand--movies and TV shows. The movies shown on the big screen one night, for instance, are usually available on your cabin TV the next day. Our one problem was that we watched a bunch of "Veep" episodes last year on the Royal Princess. We watched them out of order, though, because Princess decided to list them alphabetically rather than by episode number. (It's still a funny show.)

I know Carnival owns Princess. Are the in cabin options for television as limited as the channels on Carnival? Is it true as a dreaded P word couple that we are now offered unlimited wifi? Your assistance is appreciated, in advance.

TV is limited to some news channels which I believe are Fox, MSNBC, BBC. These are the international versions not the U.S. versions. There is also ESPN International. Certain special programs, for example the Super Bowl, are also shown.

All ships also have movies and some old shows like The Love Boat and Discovery Channel. Some ships now have on demand with a larger selection of movies, shows and other re-run programs.

If your ship has Princess CONNECT then you will have mostly unlimited internet. It is offered at three levels, and is priced by the day. If your ship does not have Princess CONNECT then you have to purchase minutes. Your cruise personlizer will indicate which plans are available on your ship.

Carnival Corp. owns Princess as well as Carnival Cruise Lines and other lines. There is very little connection between the way the two cruise lines operate at the passenger level. Don't have any idea what P word means.

I know Carnival owns Princess. Are the in cabin options for television as limited as the channels on Carnival?

You'll be disappointed -- in our experience, Carnival has far more TV choices compared to Princess. (I have not been on a newer Princess ship)

Tks for responses. We are Platinum On Princess and Carnival, hence the P word reference. We have also explored other lines which we did not enjoy so much.

At first on a few ships that installed PrincessCONNECT there was unlimited internet for Platinum. I think this has now passed and the Platinum benefit is now back to the minutes. If your cruise personlizer lists both Princess CONNECT plans and by the minute plans then it will be by the minute.

At first on a few ships that installed PrincessCONNECT there was unlimited internet for Platinum. I think this has now passed and the Platinum benefit is now back to the minutes. If your cruise personlizer lists both Princess CONNECT plans and by the minute plans then it will be by the minute.

I have read a post that says if you have the Platinum/Elite minute benefit, when you first sign on there is an option to pay a discounted rate for an unlimited package.