Symphony ... anything new?

We have taken Oasis, Allure and Harmony. So we thought we take Symphony, but looking at the videos it looks the same as Harmony and has hairspray which I think we saw on either Oasis or Allure.

So what is different about the Symphony?:confused:

I was also wondering if anyone could provide feedback on the ice show, water show, and the new “flight” show compared to Harmony’s offerings. We were hoping Symphony would be more “different - than the same” as well.

It appears that the pricing for Symphony is higher than Harmony and I am not sure that this is justified.

Haven’t been on Symphony yet and looking forward to doing so in November. I understand she also has interactive art throughout the ship. That sounds like a fun thing to experience. Food wise there is Hooked, El Loco Fresh and Playmakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also wondering if anyone could provide feedback on the ice show, water show, and the new “flight” show compared to Harmony’s offerings. We were hoping Symphony would be more “different - than the same” as well.

It appears that the pricing for Symphony is higher than Harmony and I am not sure that this is justified.

My family sailed Symphony this past June and LOVED her. "Hiro" the water show has an Asian flair with lots of action. It is missing our favorite though, the crew doing stunts off the bouncy floor. The ice show was cute and the story line was more like a thief being chased around the world. My favorite was "Flight" It brought us to tears. Awesome show!!! The animation is GREAT!!!

My family sailed Symphony this past June and LOVED her. "Hiro" the water show has an Asian flair with lots of action. It is missing our favorite though, the crew doing stunts off the bouncy floor. The ice show was cute and the story line was more like a thief being chased around the world. My favorite was "Flight" It brought us to tears. Awesome show!!! The animation is GREAT!!!

You mean the trampoline???? ;) :D

Haven´t seen any interactive art onboard the Symphony.

Flight is just great and maybe one of the best shows I´ve seen. The ice show is great to (spoiler: drone swarm at the beginning).

No Dreamworks anymore... Hooked is great, El Loco Fresh replaced Wipe Out Café/Mini Bites). Playmakers on the Boardwalk. Starbucks is back on the Royal Promenade, new shops... and many more small things.

steamboats

So the main show is not Hairspray?

travellovers2: There are six shows that you will want to make reservations for:

1. Hairspray

2. Flight

3. Ice show

4. Aqua Theater show

5. Headliner

6. Comedy Club

That takes care of six out of seven days of your cruise!!!

P.S. You saw Hairspray on the Oasis. That was before the fall of 2014. Since then, the Broadway show has been Cats.

Please can anyone tell me how you go about booking the shows on Symphony? Is this something you can do in advance or do you wait until onboard? Also, what sort of times are the shows on at?

First time on a RC ship and trying to decide on best time for dinner reservations. Thanks!

Please can anyone tell me how you go about booking the shows on Symphony? Is this something you can do in advance or do you wait until onboard? Also, what sort of times are the shows on at?

First time on a RC ship and trying to decide on best time for dinner reservations. Thanks!

You reserve entertainment by using your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. That will show you the showtimes.

I've been on Harmony twice and really look forward to Symphony in January. I will feel very comfortable on the ship and know my way around. A few tricks I learned to work around the " no room service on the last day" and a couple of other tricks that I don't really want to let out of the bag cause then they will go away. You also get the bragging rights on being on the newest biggest ship.

Just wait a few years and prices will drop. I’m getting a great price for the Allure in 2019. I thanks the people booking the newest ship [emoji3][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s how we feel about Celebrity Edge. We’ll let it go around for a while before we book it. [emoji16]

The shows on Symphony are generally very late. I have booked:

1977 at 10.45p

Hiro at 11.00p

Hairspray at 7.15p

Flight at 10.45p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When were you able to book shows? We are on the 10/14 in about 75 days and the entertainment has still not made it to our CP

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The shows on Symphony are generally very late. I have booked:

1977 at 10.45p

Hiro at 11.00p

Hairspray at 7.15p

Flight at 10.45p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think there are earlier times too?

7:15pm is an awkward time to fit in dinner...either very early dinner (or rushed) or very late dinner.