Mini-suite designators

USCcruisecrazy

M1 mini-suites participate in Club Class Dining and do have a different set of perks. All other mini-suites are the same, aside from location. On the Royal Class ships, because of the way the balconies are shaped, mini-suites with bigger balconies might be considered "Premium". That designation denotes a large balcony, but no greater perks/benefits.

They are basically the same. The different numbers indicate "desirability". Lower numbers, M1 or MA will be a cabin in a better location. MA will be mid ship while ME could be forward.

Of course, "better" is subjective.

But it also indicates a price difference too. M1 and MA will be higher priced cabins.

There is little to no difference in actual cabins or amenities (on the same ship).

Mostly, a mini is a mini.

It isn't just location, across the fleet M1, M2, M4 and M6 = Club Class. Book one of these cabins and you will receive all the Club Class benefits including the most important Club Class dining.

Interior layouts of mini suites on each ship are the same. Any exception is noted in red on the Princess deck plans when you click on a specific cabin.

On the Star M1 (Club Class) are mid ship on deck 9. MB minis are those cabins forward and aft of the M1's.

Thank you. With all this talk of upsells, It looks like we would be in line for a CC room. :D Hey, I can dream can't I? :')

It isn't just location, across the fleet M1, M2, M4 and M6 = Club Class. Book one of these cabins and you will receive all the Club Class benefits including the most important Club Class dining.

Interior layouts of mini suites on each ship are the same. Any exception is noted in red on the Princess deck plans when you click on a specific cabin.

You must look at the specific ship deck plans to find where each category of cabin is located. The deck plans they show you when booking a cruise, do not have the M1, BB, IA, etc. designations.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=TP

You must look at the specific ship deck plans to find where each category of cabin is located. The deck plans they show you when booking a cruise, do not have the M1, BB, IA, etc. designations.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=TP

Yes they do on the Princess booking web site. Select a cabin and the category is shown in the upper right of the screen. But, it is better to review the deck plans before you book.

Under the current princess cabin type designation “M” always denoted a Mini-Suite. The second digit denotes the classification of the mini-suite. the most common classification is A thru F. An MA mini suite is in a better location on the ship (midship and higher up) than a MF (and often costs more). As above M1, M2, and M4 include Club Class services. M6 is a Premium Mini-suite and includes Club Class. MY is a ocean view Mini-suite large but no balcony. Generally the M2, M4, M6, and MY are uncommon cabin types, some on available on one or a few ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Under the current princess cabin type designation “M” always denoted a Mini-Suite. The second digit denotes the classification of the mini-suite. the most common classification is A thru F. An MA mini suite is in a better location on the ship (midship and higher up) than a MF (and often costs more). As above M1, M2, and M4 include Club Class services. M6 is a Premium Mini-suite and includes Club Class. MY is a ocean view Mini-suite large but no balcony. Generally the M2, M4, M6, and MY are uncommon cabin types, some on available on one or a few ships.

Better location is in Princess' opinion. Many passengers have their own definitions of what are better locations.

• Like 2

Is there something that shows a difference between mini-suites with different designators? I see M1, MA, MB, MC, ME, and MF...are they basically the same or are there differing amenities one from the other?

M-anything is a mini-suite

An "MA" is thought to be in a more desirable position than an "MB", "MB" than "MC", etc

If they add Club Class service to an "MA", it gets redesignated as an "M1"; "MB" becomes "M2", etc

• 5 years later...
On 8/15/2018 at 12:29 AM, caribill said:

Better location is in Princess' opinion. Many passengers have their own definitions of what are better locations.

Yes ! To me an Mini suite on Lido is always the best. For that Category cabin. And once you stay in a full suite 500 sq feet or larger it is tuff on the wife to step down lol.