Oasis 10 Sept - Possible change of Departure Port

We live in Florida also and came from the outer banks area of North Carolina and Va. Beach ,Va and also have been through quite a few. Can tell you for sure will not be Tampa, as Skyway only can accommodate 90,000 ton class . they will keep watching and make sure they can make the turnaround on debark/embark day or will divert for another day if needed before they will divert to another port. We are on the 24th so watching the next that just coming off Africa. Bob & Nancy:):):)

I'm also leaving the 24th...there is another depression off Africa??

Weather forecasters here in Central Florida say that one is "supposed" to head out to sea

Disclaimer- Don't come looking for me if that does not happen:halo:

HAHA! I promise I won't. The logical part of me knows that nothing can be predicted three weeks out so I should just chill, and yet I keep watching the weather obsessively!

The biggest factor for the OP is to see how operational MCO will be on Saturday. Airlines don't want their planes at an airport when a hurricane comes thru. I have a flight out of MCO Saturday afternoon and I have a feeling the flight will be cancelled - keeping a watch on the airline's website.

To the OP - keep checking your airline's website to see if your flight will be leaving when it's supposed to. Or if the airline allows a no charge change see if you can come in a day earlier.

:cool: Leaving on Sunday as well or we were hopping to leave (LOL). We live a little south of Orlando very close to PC. I can't see the Oasis making it back to PC on Sunday. They sail between Cuba and the Keys and go up the East coast to PC. Not happening with a storm sitting there. I hope all is well with every body and I am hopping the cruise will be cancelled. We can always book another cruise.:loudcry:

We were going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner of the Seas back in 2005. A hurricane was coming Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island was under evacuation for Sunday and Monday so RCCL called us and asked us if we could come down to Miami and board the ship on Tuesday if we still wanted to sail. So we drove to Miami and sailed. The boat came in that morning and they had to bus the people that had cars still at the port Canaveral. I'm not sure how the people with flights made it to Miami. We didn"t leave out till 10 or 11 that night. We were supposed to go Eastern but they modified the cruise to go Western we went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and back to Miami. There wasn't many people on the boat. They put everyone in 1 dining room because the first night there was only a few people in the dining room it felt different. They did give us onboard credit and a discount on a future cruise. It was different we kind of had the ship to our self. I know it was long winded but that's how they rerouted us because of a hurricane.

Hurricane Irma Update | Sept 5, 11pm:

Oasis of the Seas: September 10 Eastern Caribbean cruise

The new departure date will now be on Tuesday, 9/12 and we will sail a 5-night itinerary to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico. We know this change is disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 30% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit.

-If you are unable to travel and need to cancel next week’s cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

Hurricane Irma Update | Sept 5, 11pm:

The new departure date will now be on Tuesday, 9/12 and we will sail a 5-night itinerary to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico. We know this change is disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 30% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit.

-If you are unable to travel and need to cancel next week’s cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

so angry

Oasis is on a Western itinerary this week and its last two days are Cozumel and then day at sea. The issue is will it be able to return to POC on time. Current prediction models puts Irma in the Oasis return route unless they can be routed south of Cuba, which would cost RCL lots in fuel. But that may be too far for an on time return to POC.

Hang in there folks, the entire story will play out over the next week. I love the suspense. ;);p But then I don't have any skin I the game.

Why they didnt just leave early to get out of dodge. Better to get ppl back early so they don't have to find last minute flights and take more time off of work. much easier to find a hotel room near the port. But why do this, it makes sense.

I know the feeling, just called up for help, the women was no help and even lied they have no manager or supervisor in the building 😓

after 35 min on hold to get transferred to reservations to "see if they could help me" they told me the same crap and said they can have a supervisor call me tomorrow. You are offering me 100% cruise fare but not taxes and not honoring my offer i had so i cannot rebook my cruise unless i pay 1000 MORE. that is not offering me 100% cruise fare. that is lining your pockets with more money.

after 35 min on hold to get transferred to reservations to "see if they could help me" they told me the same crap and said they can have a supervisor call me tomorrow. You are offering me 100% cruise fare but not taxes and not honoring my offer i had so i cannot rebook my cruise unless i pay 1000 MORE. that is not offering me 100% cruise fare. that is lining your pockets with more money.

Future cruise credits are always based on what you spent for the cruise, not the cruise you might book in the future.

Official update from RCL as of 09/06/2017:

If you are unable to travel and need to cancel next week’s cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

Future cruise credits are always based on what you spent for the cruise, not the cruise you might book in the future.

yes correct, but if you are offering me 100% of my cruise back, i should be able to go on another cruise same class/length.

That is like going to the store and returning a shirt and getting 100% refund, then rebuying the shirt and them chaging you more money.

yes correct, but if you are offering me 100% of my cruise back, i should be able to go on another cruise same class/length. ... .

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be offering price protection to the Hurricane affected cruisers, so you're stuck with current pricing.

yes correct, but if you are offering me 100% of my cruise back, i should be able to go on another cruise same class/length.

That is like going to the store and returning a shirt and getting 100% refund, then rebuying the shirt and them chaging you more money.

But if you buy a different shirt it may be more money. Not all is equal in cruising or life!

so angry

Why? Did RCI create the storm? It was their fault??:o

I am looking at possibly losing my house, as will my sister if this thing rips up through our state. Not to mention

lives at stake in my home state. A lot more to worry about than losing out on a cruise I should think?

Comparing a cruise and a shirt is apples and oranges.

It is very disappointing to have your cruise plans altered, but you chose to book during the height of hurricane season. We have also cruised at that time of year because the pricing is good, but you take your chances and don't always win.

You should be getting your taxes and fees refunded and then receive your cruise fare as a future cruise credit. A full refund would have been a better choice, in my opinion, but that is not what they decided to do for whatever reason. Did you book travel insurance? You could check with your carrier and see if you would make out better if you cancel and file a claim.