Oasis 10 Sept - Possible change of Departure Port

Yea I totally understand. They need to keep it under control.I would rather them keep their money as in keep the FCC and just move us. That saves them $$

If you can't find a cabin that is the same price as you paid, then they are losing money by giving it to you instead of selling it to someone else for what it's currently selling for. You should just hold on to the FCC and wait until they have another sale. They will have another one eventually, they always do. Look, I understand why you're upset, but having just survived Hurricane Harvey in Houston myself, I have a different perspective on how big of a deal it is. You can't change what has been offered, so you might as well just accept it and find a way to move on. What's happening to you sucks, but at least it's not worse. You will eventually get to take your cruise, and for the same amount. You just don't know when yet.

We had a Yamaha...which was very quiet and extremely efficient. Sold it when we bought the land yacht...which has

it's own generator...with a large fridge for plenty of beer and wine. ;)

Was the Yamaha also an inverter generator?

I never said I wanted them to give me more than I paid. lord have mercy. some of you guys are rough on here!.

If you give me my refund, plus the credit, it still isn't enough for me to rebook because they no longer offer the kids sail free. Keep the FCC and just let me move my itinerary to another date.

I understand what you're trying to say. With them giving out future cruise credits, they're putting you in a position where in order to get your money back for a cruise you paid for but didn't take, you have to give them more money first. If you don't give them more money (in the form of the higher priced cruise), then you can't get your money back at all.

I think Royal should give people the option of a full cash refund. But it sounds like they are trying to cover their own losses by offering FCC's, knowing that some of them will not be used, therefore putting some money in their pockets to cover the extra few days the current passengers are receiving for free. They are salvaging some money for themselves and disguising it as "offering people options," but really they are screwing a lot of people who can't make it to the port, or don't want to take the risks, or won't be able to book a new cruise within a year, or don't want to pay the additional money that another cruise will now cost because it's not on sale and/or prices have gone up.

It's nice to have options, but I think if Royal added the option to get a full cash refund, the majority of people would take that, and they know they would lose a lot of money, which is why they conveniently left that option off the table. If it were there, and they still offered these other choices, then they truly would be accommodating all passengers with those choices.

In fact, by offering FCC and altering the itinerary instead of cancelling it, they are keeping people who bought insurance from being able to use the insurance to get their money back (depending on the policy).

The only reason not to offer cash refunds is because they want to save money. In this case, I say this is where Royal needs to use their insurance policy, and file a claim for losses incurred due to weather, just like we have to do. They also get to write off all these losses on their taxes. They should be offering cash refunds.

When I first heard they were offering this deal I thought it sounded great, but I wasn't thinking of all the barriers to get to the port, or all of the restrictions it put on people. I don't have a cruise booked for several more months so none of this affects me, but this has put a really sour taste in my mouth for Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Was the Yamaha also an inverter generator?

No, it was gas powered. A/C gen set.

It was a sweet little machine...but only ran our house fridge/freezer, (the wine cellar ;))some fans, and some lights during the 2005 hurricanes. We were without power for two weeks.

Could not run our household A/C, but it would go all night on just a gallon of gas, and super quiet.

So what do you think the odds are that this will get canceled? I have insurance. I am worried that I will cancel and something will not pan out with my claim and I won't even get the cruise voucher. The insurance company has told me six different things in the past two days.

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

So what do you think the odds are that this will get canceled? I have insurance. I am worried that I will cancel and something will not pan out with my claim and I won't even get the cruise voucher. The insurance company has told me six different things in the past two days.

Really cannot tell until we see the damage (if any) at Port Canaveral.

We are in the same situation as you, we have insurance but we would like to take the 4 night offer for Harmony with the 50% refundable OBC and 50% FCC, but we are waiting until Monday to make a decision, as we are not sure if ports will be open and running and if we can negas and if roads are clear to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale. We live in northwest florida on the gulf of mexico. I called their customer service this evening and I got a lady that gave me wrong information. I kept telling her she was giving me the information on Oasis, not Harmony. I finally told her to transfer me to a supervisor and she hung up. Prayers for everyone . One of my daughter's friends had to stay in St. Thomas at a resort. They were down there before it got bad and they tried for several days and couldn't get a flight out. My daughter lost touch with her for about 10 hours, thankfully today she got a message to her mom that they were okay but didn't know when they would be able to come home. Her last message to everyone was " the walls are shaking here at the Marriott".

We're leaving on Saturday to try to get to Port Canaveral for the Oasis cruise that leaves on Tuesday. We were booked for the Sept 10 cruise that got changed. I booked it all the way back last November - it's our first cruise and we've been so excited about it, counting down the days for the last six months! I booked a hotel in Cocoa beach the night before the cruise and changed it to Monday when the cruise was changed. But the hotel we called today to say they were cancelling the reservation I made for the night before, so not sure how all this is going to work out. I've been watching the weather channel non stop the last three days.

We're leaving on Saturday to try to get to Port Canaveral for the Oasis cruise that leaves on Tuesday. We were booked for the Sept 10 cruise that got changed. I booked it all the way back last November - it's our first cruise and we've been so excited about it, counting down the days for the last six months! I booked a hotel in Cocoa beach the night before the cruise and changed it to Monday when the cruise was changed. But the hotel we called today to say they were cancelling the reservation I made for the night before, so not sure how all this is going to work out. I've been watching the weather channel non stop the last three days.

Are you planning to fly in to Orlando? I think the airport closes tomorrow.

Are you planning to fly in to Orlando? I think the airport closes tomorrow.

No, we are driving down. If it's as bad as it looks right now, I'm sure we will need to cancel (if it doesn't get cancelled first) and just take the credit they are offering for another cruise, but we wouldn't be able to do it until sometime next year. Our daughter lives in Charlotte so we'll watch what is going on from there on Saturday.

No, we are driving down. If it's as bad as it looks right now, I'm sure we will need to cancel (if it doesn't get cancelled first) and just take the credit they are offering for another cruise, but we wouldn't be able to do it until sometime next year. Our daughter lives in Charlotte so we'll watch what is going on from there on Saturday.

Good luck, I read that the gasoline supply is a problem in certain areas.

Not sure where you are driving from but you better be careful not to get to deep into FL without a hotel to stay in. I would stay north until you secure a place to stay. Orlando would be perfect if you can find something. In theory once Irma has passed. By Ocala drive in down to Coco. Keep in mind once the Hurricane clears all those cars coming north will be heading south.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why they didnt just leave early to get out of dodge. Better to get ppl back early so they don't have to find last minute flights and take more time off of work. much easier to find a hotel room near the port. But why do this, it makes sense.

I have a friend on the Oasis right now. The weather has been fairly good. They decided to cruise ahead of the storm and add extra days in Cozumel. They need the extra days to get back by staying south of the hurricane. If they came back early they would have cruised through it. Not good. She said the captain mentioned he hadn't seen anything like this in his 26 years as captain.

Just about every year there are hurricanes this week and/or next. Anyone booking this timeframe know the risk unless they are new to cruising. Insurance is that needed for peace of mind.

No change as of today - sailing from Cozumel at 6PM tonight and arrive in PC at 6AM Tuesday. I think the only reason they delayed Allure to Wed is that they want to use Terminal 18 for both Harmony and Allure and Harmony has priority.

RCL just updated their site. The OA cruise is now leaving Wed 9/13 for a 4 night cruise. Don't know if that means you won't be back until Wed. Depends on when they re-open the port

RCL just updated their site. The OA cruise is now leaving Wed 9/13 for a 4 night cruise. Don't know if that means you won't be back until Wed. Depends on when they re-open the port

Thanks Ellen

I'm assuming the FCC and OBC will match Allure

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app