Oasis 10 Sept - Possible change of Departure Port

This is my sailing that I have been looking forward to for months...years really because I've wanted to go on Oasis since it was announced and this is my first time on her. This itinerary change may not be ideal, but I can't say I'm disappointed. I feel that the options Royal has provided are more than fair and I will gladly take the altered sailing than no sailing at all.

I just hope that the port and my home (eastern Hillsborough county) don't sustain too much damage and my family and I are able to make the trip to Port Canaveral.

I feel for everyone in our state that is about to deal with Irma, and for those who are not so easily able to alter their travel plans and won't be able to go.

This is my sailing that I have been looking forward to for months...years really because I've wanted to go on Oasis since it was announced and this is my first time on her. This itinerary change may not be ideal, but I can't say I'm disappointed. I feel that the options Royal has provided are more than fair and I will gladly take the altered sailing than no sailing at all.

I just hope that the port and my home (eastern Hillsborough county) don't sustain too much damage and my family and I are able to make the trip to Port Canaveral.

I feel for everyone in our state that is about to deal with Irma, and for those who are not so easily able to alter their travel plans and won't be able to go.

Totally agree with you, as you have the right attitude. Hope you keep safe, and you do not suffer much damage. As devastating as it would be to lose our homes, does not compare to injury or loss of life.

And certainly does not come close to pax whining about their refunds. We in Florida have much more to worry about

right now.

I just got off the phone with Royal as I had questions regarding the future cruise credit. The rep told me that we should receive the 50% FCC as a letter in the stateroom. It is valid for 1 year and can be used to book onboard.

She also said that they will be updating the website with itinerary changes for our reservations, and we can print new SetSail passes by tomorrow.

I agree that RCL should be offering those that cancel a REFUND instead of a FCC.

It would not surprise me in the least if this cruise turns into a 4 day one instead of a 5 day one

They look to be giving full refunds only on the cruises that they have cancelled, not the cruises they are giving people the option of cancelling. I just don't see how they think people are going to be able to get to Florida for these shortened cruises. Flights are going to be cancelled for days after Irma clears Florida. Locals are going to be dealing with the aftermath, with a cruise being the least of their worries.

Stay safe down there. I hope everyone makes it through with little or no damage. I am hoping I am not heading down there next week to my Mom's house, just happy she is safe in NH for now.

But if you buy a different shirt it may be more money. Not all is equal in cruising or life!

MSC is offering price protection for their cancellation. So you can move your vacation to different dates and not be out additional money.

People are going to criticize all/any cruise lines for their decisions. This time Carnival was the one late to the game, NCL was early (and apparently more generous, along with MSC). Royal falls right in the middle. I understand the disappointment, I think locking people into an FCC in this situation is less than ideal, but more than is required.

Any one in the UK receive a itinerary change letter from RCCL?

We’re booked on Sept 10th sailing on Oasis and they clearly state 50pc OBC and 50pc FCC, if you sail on Sept 12th

This differs from their website where the Oasis offers 30pc OBC and 50pc FCC

Sorry but isn't going to happen...

Nope, It's going to be impossible to re-book for the same price. The price of all the cruises i'm watching have gone up $20 to $50 Per person since Hurricane Harvey and the Issues with the pipeline and refineries in the Houston area. The lines are having to recover from the loss of the canceled cruises, the price of feeding those who got an extra week free, not to mention the rising cost of fuel. It'll be months before fares start to come back down.

Heck after Irma (and possibly Jose) fares may not recover for a year or more.

Future cruise credits are always based on what you spent for the cruise, not the cruise you might book in the future.

Taxes and port fees are refunded if you do not get on the cruise, for whatever reason.

This is what I wish Royal would do. They can keep the FCC, just move me to one a few weeks out. :( i can;t rebook for the price i paid :(

Let's see, move a 90% booked ship load of passengers, to another sailing that is also 90% booked. Yeap, that will work.

Really?

after 35 min on hold to get transferred to reservations to "see if they could help me" they told me the same crap and said they can have a supervisor call me tomorrow. You are offering me 100% cruise fare but not taxes and not honoring my offer i had so i cannot rebook my cruise unless i pay 1000 MORE. that is not offering me 100% cruise fare. that is lining your pockets with more money.

Why on earth would you expect them to give you more than you paid????

yes correct, but if you are offering me 100% of my cruise back, i should be able to go on another cruise same class/length.

That is like going to the store and returning a shirt and getting 100% refund, then rebuying the shirt and them chaging you more money.

If the shirt was on sale when you bought it and now it isn't, yes they will charge you more money.

If the shirt was on sale when you bought it and now it isn't, yes they will charge you more money.

This is not a shirt. And most stores would offer a customer a choice between a Refund of how they paid (Refund) or replacement of item (Price protection). Only in circumstances over X number of days, or loss of receipt, is a company going to default to store credit (FCC)

You buy a 7 day cruise experience on Oasis of the Seas; if the company can not provide that, even though it is not a fault of their own making, it is not unreasonable as a guest to say "Okay, then let me just come a different week for the same ship, same accommodation, same everything" or "Let me do the same on a comparable ship". I'd think exclusions for higher accommodation or holiday weeks would be fine to protect the company.

Price protection builds brand loyalty.

Refunds make people whole.

FCC's that someone may not be able to use leaves the feeling, right or wrong, of "They took my money"

Just saying

This is not a shirt. And most stores would offer a customer a choice between a Refund of how they paid (Refund) or replacement of item (Price protection). Only in circumstances over X number of days, or loss of receipt, is a company going to default to store credit (FCC)

You buy a 7 day cruise experience on Oasis of the Seas; if the company can not provide that, even though it is not a fault of their own making, it is not unreasonable as a guest to say "Okay, then let me just come a different week for the same ship, same accommodation, same everything" or "Let me do the same on a comparable ship". I'd think exclusions for higher accommodation or holiday weeks would be fine to protect the company.

Price protection builds brand loyalty.

Refunds make people whole.

FCC's that someone may not be able to use leaves the feeling, right or wrong, of "They took my money"

Just saying

I agree that they should be offering refunds. Price protection would be a nice gesture but they're already out probably $20 million just offering FCC, they have to try and limit their losses at some point.

Let's see, move a 90% booked ship load of passengers, to another sailing that is also 90% booked. Yeap, that will work.

Really?

Did I say move everyone to the same ship? Why would anyone do that? Plus, you think that 90% of the ship could agree on a date that would work for everyone else? no. It should be an option to not give you the FCC and just move you to an avail cabin in the same category. There are a few other cruise lines that are honoring the price for a future cruise and doing this. This isn't completely out of the ordinary.........

Why on earth would you expect them to give you more than you paid????

I never said I wanted them to give me more than I paid. lord have mercy. some of you guys are rough on here!.

If you give me my refund, plus the credit, it still isn't enough for me to rebook because they no longer offer the kids sail free. Keep the FCC and just let me move my itinerary to another date.

Don't you have one of those whole house generators?

No but Dan actually ordered an inverter generator (whatever that is) and it came Tuesday. Very timely. 30 plus years in the Keys never had one, go figure

Not a whole house one but at least the beer will be cold

I agree that they should be offering refunds. Price protection would be a nice gesture but they're already out probably $20 million just offering FCC, they have to try and limit their losses at some point.

Yea I totally understand. They need to keep it under control.I would rather them keep their money as in keep the FCC and just move us. That saves them $$

No but Dan actually ordered an inverter generator (whatever that is) and it came Tuesday. Very timely. 30 plus years in the Keys never had one, go figure

Not a whole house one but at least the beer will be cold

I believe the inverter generator makes very clean power and allows the engine to run at different speeds and still make 60hz power. More efficient because the engine only runs as fast as needed. I'd like to know what model you bought. I was looking at a Honda a while back and it was around $4K for the inverter model.

I believe the inverter generator makes very clean power and allows the engine to run at different speeds and still make 60hz power. More efficient because the engine only runs as fast as needed. I'd like to know what model you bought. I was looking at a Honda a while back and it was around $4K for the inverter model.

We had a Yamaha...which was very quiet and extremely efficient. Sold it when we bought the land yacht...which has

it's own generator...with a large fridge for plenty of beer and wine. ;)