Missing itineraries for Summit in 2016

cricketts

I just checked the Celebrity website, and there are missing dates for the Summit sailings that would be for February 27th, March 5th and March 12th. Anyone know why these itineraries aren't listed? Our spring break will fall during that time frame and it seems odd those dates aren't there. :confused:

I noticed that as well and booked a Royal Caribbean out of Puerto Rico. I assumed it was a charter. The RC has two islands X doesn't sail to on the Summit, Curaçao and Aruba so it worked out for us. Since we will sail the first week in March school will be in session. We like RC but avoid it during school vacations.

The March 12, 2016 sailing has been chartered. We are booked on it. They have offered us other Summit sailings (specific dates) and a $400 OBC for suite bookings. I can't go on any other Summit sailings, as I can only sail that week (I'm a teacher and that's my winter break). They said I was welcome to book another sailing that week, but that I would pay the prevailing rate.

I will be cancelling this cruise and booking with another line.

It's funny that when I called in yesterday to inquire about why our cruise wasn't listed, the X rep told me it was just being price adjusted and not chartered. They NEVER tell the truth. They don't value the customer. If they did, they would let us have another cruise of equal length, at the same time, for the same fare. After all, the fact that they have chartered the cruise is not my fault. It's their choice.

Shawn

The March 12, 2016 sailing has been chartered. We are booked on it. They have offered us other Summit sailings (specific dates) and a $400 OBC for suite bookings. I can't go on any other Summit sailings, as I can only sail that week (I'm a teacher and that's my winter break). They said I was welcome to book another sailing that week, but that I would pay the prevailing rate.

I will be cancelling this cruise and booking with another line.

It's funny that when I called in yesterday to inquire about why our cruise wasn't listed, the X rep told me it was just being price adjusted and not chartered. They NEVER tell the truth. They don't value the customer. If they did, they would let us have another cruise of equal length, at the same time, for the same fare. After all, the fact that they have chartered the cruise is not my fault. It's their choice.

Shawn

Thanks for the heads up - they haven't told us anything :(

Could be already sold out, could be chartered, could be a website glitch. Try checking with a travel agency and see if they show these cruises as being available

100% this. You could do a GOOOGLE on the dates to see if you can find out any info for those particular dates / timeframe (ie - Celebrity Summit February 27, 2016 - if the cruise exists elsewhere you'll either see a long list of TAs selling it... Or you'll see it as a Charter Cruise listed by someone. Example know in the past that the Summit has been used for The Legendary Blues Cruise, but that usually happens in January)

I noticed that as well and booked a Royal Caribbean out of Puerto Rico. I assumed it was a charter. The RC has two islands X doesn't sail to on the Summit, Curaçao and Aruba so it worked out for us. Since we will sail the first week in March school will be in session. We like RC but avoid it during school vacations.

FYI... Winter / Spring School Breaks can differ across North America by State, Province, School Board or Level of Education ... Generally speaking they can occur anytime between Late January and on into April (especially so if April is when Easter occurs)

Although to be sure THE MAJORITY I would say happen in the month of March

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

100% this. You could do a GOOOGLE on the dates to see if you can find out any info for those particular dates / timeframe (ie - Celebrity Summit February 27, 2016 - if the cruise exists elsewhere you'll either see a long list of TAs selling it... Or you'll see it as a Charter Cruise listed by someone. Example know in the past that the Summit has been used for The Legendary Blues Cruise, but that usually happens in January)

Great idea! Thanks :) However, it didn't turn up any charters so I'm still baffled :confused:

Thanks for some good additional information. I guess Celebrity will let their plans be known in due time... I just suffer from impatience :rolleyes:

It took almost 2 months for them to call me last year to let me know that my Med cruise on the Equinox for this summer had been chartered.....I knew it long before because when it went missing I went hunting and found who had chartered it but I decided to wait and see how long it would take X to contact me....it was just shy of 2 months.....which is a bit too long I would think:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by Gracie115

The Feb 27th date was never available to book. I just assumed it was chartered and booked a 5 night on the Connie for my school break week.

We decided that a shorter cruise with a few nights in FLL might be fun too.

Edited by monicajay

According to Celebrity's site, all weeks of February 2015 are open for booking. I was a little nervous because we are booked on the last sailing of February, so that schedule may not be up to date.

We are on Feb 21 sailing and saw that schedule a while ago. I called cap club and was told first two weeks of Feb for drydock. Just have to see on how long they wait to announce or maybe cancel it.

According to Celebrity's site, all weeks of February 2015 are open for booking. I was a little nervous because we are booked on the last sailing of February, so that schedule may not be up to date.

LOL, funny you say this I was just looking myself and noticed the same thing.

Wondering now if maybe they are pushing back the Summit dry dock, and maybe traded its spot with whomever they traded for Sillie's unplanned January dry dock...

And maybe now Summit is one of the 3 weeks missing in 2016. Sillie was scheduled May 2016....

Kurt, I seem to recall that when we booked our February Summit cruise back in January, that we considered all sailings from January through March & all weeks were available. Not a big deal really, but interesting.

Wondering now if maybe they are pushing back the Summit dry dock, and maybe traded its spot with whomever they traded for Sillie's unplanned January dry dock...

And maybe now Summit is one of the 3 weeks missing in 2016. Sillie was scheduled May 2016....

Curious posssibility...

We just got off Jewel out of San Juan, loved it! Hope yours goes well. Me me I'm considering doing the opposite and reading about Summit.

It's funny that when I called in yesterday to inquire about why our cruise wasn't listed, the X rep told me it was just being price adjusted and not chartered. They NEVER tell the truth.

Shawn

Some things seem the same among big companies. The Reps tell the truth as they are told, they may have been given that information. I don't know if X uses outside call centers, those are typically the last to find out. I'm here looking at X cruises because I'm in a similar situation with the 2016 cruise shown below, but I haven't actually booked it, just in limbo.

Curt:

That website is a good source of info but not always accurate. I would think its a little early for a dry dock for Summit.

We are on Feb 21 sailing and saw that schedule a while ago. I called cap club and was told first two weeks of Feb for drydock. Just have to see on how long they wait to announce or maybe cancel it.

If they are doing a two week dry dock then they have something substantial planned, that's a long time for a dry dock.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...