"Celebrity Cruises" -- Where are you??

wwcruisers

When I got back from our Infinity cruise, I had over a week of posts to catch up on. While doing that, I noticed that I wasn't seeing anything from Celebrity's "official" presence on our boards -- the poster known only as "Celebrity Cruises". Looks like his/her/their(?) last post was August 28th -- no warning that they were leaving the boards. Did I miss something? BTW -- I don't do Facebook (or other social media) -- so, if something was announced there, I would have missed it. :confused:

Leaving on the INFINITY on Oct. 5th & really don't see any comments or anything about what to see or do on the ship. I would love to try & get on the LOVE & MARRIGE game but dont even know if they have one. Whats going on with the INFINITY??

george35

When I got back from our Infinity cruise, I had over a week of posts to catch up on. While doing that, I noticed that I wasn't seeing anything from Celebrity's "official" presence on our boards -- the poster known only as "Celebrity Cruises". Looks like his/her/their(?) last post was August 28th -- no warning that they were leaving the boards. Did I miss something? BTW -- I don't do Facebook (or other social media) -- so, if something was announced there, I would have missed it. :confused:

Noticed the same thing....

Seems after practicing here, now busier with fb....

It was very helpful so hope it is not abandoned...

Hi Wwcruisers & Hcat,

I have no idea what's going on there, but it seems the wheels are turning. I hear they have a new marketing manager, who appears to be responsible for Social Media at this point. I'm also hearing they were recently looking for a Social Media Manager - though I do not know if the position has been filled.

At this point, it looks like we've been abandoned, at least for now. Perhaps someone will post again soon. Let's hope so !

Edited by Host Andy

Somebody is posting on FB multiple times a day and even replying to individual posts. The posts there are always plain vanilla responses to rah-rah posts. Maybe they decided the controversial stuff wasn't getting them anywhere.

Although their last post was on August 28, according to their profile, the last time they logged on to CC was on September 8.

For what it's worth......(not much!)

If it's true they're going to abandon CC, I for one will be disappointed. By their posting the Concerns@Celebrity.com email address I was able to quickly and efficiently get resolution to a problem. I don't do Facebook or Twitter, so I appreciated their involvement here.

Somebody is posting on FB multiple times a day and even replying to individual posts. The posts there are always plain vanilla responses to rah-rah posts. Maybe they decided the controversial stuff wasn't getting them anywhere.

I certainly hope that's not the case. While I've always appreciated Celebrity's efforts on here, and thought they did a respectable job... it seemed at times, they'd rather not deal with difficult issues - especially when their insights were needed the most. In the real world, not everything is rainbows and lollipops. Posting photos of food, or throwback photos, rarely resolves anyone's concerns. That's all well and good as *part* of a Social Media strategy... but effective blogging requires so much more. People want to hear from someone they can trust and respect. Not someone doing the rah rah - we're great, aren't we ? Most of us already know that Celebrity has a wonderful product, and crave more, from their presence throughout Social Media. IMO, they've barely scratched the surface of what they are capable of doing. They should strive to be the #1 Social Media experience in the Cruise Industry, thereby matching their outstanding onboard experience. At this point, I'd say they are missing the boat - pardon the pun.

If you'd like to check out a great blogger, try searching the name Bill Leiber here on Cruise Critic. Bill was the Chief Blogging Officer for Azamara from October 2010, until he sadly passed away in late 2013. Bill was the epitome of Social Media greatness. He had a wonderful way with words. Bill always spoke from the heart, and was the voice of reason for Azamara - knowing exactly how to connect with our Community. Bill was incredibly trusted, appreciated and respected by all. He was also a good friend, and is dearly missed. I was extremely fortunate to have learned a great deal from him. I consider myself better at what I do here, thanks to Bill's incredible passion and wisdom.

I believe it's a matter of new people joining Celebrity's team, and I'm hopeful we'll be hearing from Celebrity again, in the not too distant future.

In case Celebrity is reading this ? Please come back soon. We miss you !

I believe it's a matter of new people joining Celebrity's team, and I'm hopeful we'll be hearing from Celebrity again, in the not too distant future.

Meaning the person who use to post as CelebrityCruises on Cruise Critic is no longer employeed by Celebrity. I am sad to see that particular person no longer with the company as they seemed to genuinely try to help people on these boards.

Meaning the person who use to post as CelebrityCruises on Cruise Critic is no longer employeed by Celebrity. I am sad to see that particular person no longer with the company as they seemed to genuinely try to help people on these boards.

I agree. I think the person, whoever he or she is, did a great job in walking the fine line in being a Celebrity "advocate" (I know, dirty word for many, including me), & attempting to really offer assistance to those here on CC, without upsetting the powers that be.

Edited by richsea

I certainly hope that's not the case. While I've always appreciated Celebrity's efforts on here, and thought they did a respectable job... it seemed at times, they'd rather not deal with difficult issues - especially when their insights were needed the most. In the real world, not everything is rainbows and lollipops. Posting photos of food, or throwback photos, rarely resolves anyone's concerns. That's all well and good as *part* of a Social Media strategy... but effective blogging requires so much more. People want to hear from someone they can trust and respect. Not someone doing the rah rah - we're great, aren't we ? Most of us already know that Celebrity has a wonderful product, and crave more, from their presence throughout Social Media. IMO, they've barely scratched the surface of what they are capable of doing. They should strive to be the #1 Social Media experience in the Cruise Industry, thereby matching their outstanding onboard experience. At this point, I'd say they are missing the boat - pardon the pun.

If you'd like to check out a great blogger, try searching the name Bill Leiber here on Cruise Critic. Bill was the Chief Blogging Officer for Azamara from October 2010, until he sadly passed away in late 2013. Bill was the epitome of Social Media greatness. He had a wonderful way with words. Bill always spoke from the heart, and was the voice of reason for Azamara - knowing exactly how to connect with our Community. Bill was incredibly trusted, appreciated and respected by all. He was also a good friend, and is dearly missed. I was extremely fortunate to have learned a great deal from him. I consider myself better at what I do here, thanks to Bill's incredible passion and wisdom.

In case Celebrity is reading this ? Please come back soon. We miss you !

Hi Andy,

You makes some great points....for awhile folks who felt Celebrity was not helping them with unusual or serious issues were invited by Celebrity Official to contact them....and felt at least someone heard them and would pass concerns on to the right dept or person. Celebrity Official also clarified gen issues like bev package lists, etc. Felt like there was a connection.

Now silence!

Never knew Bill from AZ but he sounds like what is needed here. We appreciate all that you do Andy and hope Celebrity follows the good example!

Hcat

Hi everyone, no need to worry. We are here and we are listening. You have not been abandoned! We apologize if we have been quiet lately.

Good to hear from you, CelebrityCruises! :)

To paraphrase the old-time comics: this is a tough room to play, sometimes. So glad to see that we didn't run you off! ;) I know that I've benefited from your presence on these boards -- and I think you've been a great help to others, as well. Looking forward to your active participation here, in the future! :cool:

Good to hear from you, CelebrityCruises! :)

To paraphrase the old-time comics: this is a tough room to play, sometimes. So glad to see that we didn't run you off! ;) I know that I've benefited from your presence on these boards -- and I think you've been a great help to others, as well. Looking forward to your active participation here, in the future! :cool:

Excellent post!

Hi everyone, no need to worry. We are here and we are listening. You have not been abandoned! We apologize if we have been quiet lately.

Glad to see you back. Thanks for posting !

Never knew Bill from AZ but he sounds like what is needed here. We appreciate all that you do Andy and hope Celebrity follows the good example!

Hcat

Thanks very much for your kind comments. It's always appreciated !

I'm curious Andy,

does Celebrity really have an account here and does the posting him/herself (would not be easy as I suppose several persons on Celebrity side are involved) or do they communicate with you/admin/mods and then you "log in" as Celebrity Cruises and post their replies which you have received by mail?

I'm curious Andy,

does Celebrity really have an account here and does the posting him/herself (would not be easy as I suppose several persons on Celebrity side are involved) or do they communicate with you/admin/mods and then you "log in" as Celebrity Cruises and post their replies which you have received by mail?

I can't quite figure out what your intention is by making this post. Was this supposed to be humorous?

I will say that Host Andy is passionate about cruising on Celebrity and about serving this community, and he has been a great help to those of us who rely on the Celebrity boards for solid information.

I have been very pleased to have sailed with Andy a number of times, and nothing that I know about him, through reading his posts and speaking with him personally, would give me ANY reason to believe he would ever do anything underhanded or duplicitous, which is what I feel is implied by your post.

I think that the question here is whether or not "Celebrity Cruises" is one single person, the same person as before, or, if in reality, this is a generic identity that is used by the Company to reply to and indicate the Company's position on various questions or issues. I submit that the answer to this question is not known at this point and that the latter proposition would seem to be the more likely.

Andy, I remember Bill very well when we were cruising Azamara, he and I didn't always agree, but I always remember him with a great deal of respect. He was a true asset for Azamara and is exactly what is needed here.

Best Regards,

Ed

I think that the question here is whether or not "Celebrity Cruises" is one single person, the same person as before, or, if in reality, this is a generic identity that is used by the Company to reply to and indicate the Company's position on various questions or issues. I submit that the answer to this question is not known at this point and that the latter proposition would seem to be the more likely.

It is not the same person as before. He is no longer employeed by Celebrity.

I can't quite figure out what your intention is by making this post. Was this supposed to be humorous?

I will say that Host Andy is passionate about cruising on Celebrity and about serving this community, and he has been a great help to those of us who rely on the Celebrity boards for solid information.

I have been very pleased to have sailed with Andy a number of times, and nothing that I know about him, through reading his posts and speaking with him personally, would give me ANY reason to believe he would ever do anything underhanded or duplicitous, which is what I feel is implied by your post.

You totally got me wrong! I also know that Andy is doing a great job and I would really like to meet him in person onboard.

I asked because I know that such big companys as X have a hard time to read/monitor/answer in forums with so many topics.

So I *could* imagine that Andy is the person who is monitoring the questions and topics here and then sends a "summary" to a contact person at Celebrity hoping to get *some* answers for the things we discuss here - and then posts them here under the forum name "Celebrity Cruises" - cause X can't/won't do that!

Hope it's clearer now. The information provided by the account "Celebrity Cruises" was never wrong from what I read and I always use this as a source of facts and - you named it - solid information.

I just wanted a "behind the scenes" view cause I thought that Andy is even doing more work than it already looks like!

Please tell me if my words made more sense now. It's not always easy for me as English is not my first language and therefore the "words between the words" are not what I want them to be :o