Has anyone received a revised final bill by email?

We got off the Anthem yesterday and got our bill on the cabin door as we left. Last night we got a revised bill by email with additional charges on it. They were for the mini bar which we had emptied the first day so we could put our own soda & water in to chill.

Is there s specific number to call?

This happened to us once, where we were charged for minibar items we did not use. I called customer service and they probably gave me a number to call. They took off the charges no problem.

Interestingly, we took a can of soda from the minibar on our last cruise and were never charged for it. I'm guessing they charged the next week's passengers.

We just got off the Anthem on Sept 8th, by 4PM we had a revised statement by email for an additional $12.37 for mini-bar. Called 1-866-562-7625, rep put in a dispute and we were credited back to our CC by Sept 13th.

Odd thing was that there was nothing in the mini-bar the entire cruise. Just two big bottles of Evian on the counter. We also saw door hangers that people were using for requesting stuff for the mini-bar. We had thought they changed their policy and removed that "crap". At least that's what we hoped. :rolleyes:

Happened to us in June on Anthem. I check my balance daily on the cabin TV; I had the bill for all 3 of our cabins. On a 5 day cruise, mini bar charges occurred 3 different days. The guest services first tried to blame the kids we were sailing with. Uh. NO, they are never allowed to be alone (5, 7, 10) and they didn't even know there was a 'fridge' in the room. They of course removed the charges but I did not appreciate standing in line to resolve the issue 3X.

I've seen additional charges the last 3 cruises. And although they eventually removed the charges, it is very, very irritating. Especially so as I always cash out my remaining credit balance (yes, there is such a thing!) I was told if the charge on your card shows as "pending", it will automatically disappear. This happened on my June cruise. Hope it does for my recent Sept. cruise as well.

We got off the Anthem yesterday and got our bill on the cabin door as we left. Last night we got a revised bill by email with additional charges on it. They were for the mini bar which we had emptied the first day so we could put our own soda & water in to chill.

Is there s specific number to call?

You emptied it or asked the steward to empty it?

Because if you asked the steward to do it and got charged for only like a missing soda or two, I'd be worrying about the room steward. If they emptied it and tried to charge you for everything in the fridge, that would be semi understandable as the steward simply forgot to mark it as emptied, but just getting charged for a few items is a bit suspicious.

We were on Anthem's 9/3 sailing and I just looked at the email they sent me for a final bill and sure enough, we were also charged $12.37, I called and they will credit our account.

As we were on the same cruise as you, were there actually items in your mini-bar? Or did you just have the two large Evian water bottles on the counter?

As we were on the same cruise as you, were there actually items in your mini-bar? Or did you just have the two large Evian water bottles on the counter?

There were no items in the refrig. only the 2 bottles of Evian on the counter. When we were on Anthem in June, all the items were in the refrig. and we didn't have any mini-bar charges on our bill for that sailing.

I was also on the 9/3 Anthem cruise and had an additional $12.37 on my bill too. I was very happy to see, when I got to the cabin, that the fridge was completely empty. I called early this morning, and had no problem getting the charge removed.

It has happened to me on two of my last three cruises - one minibar soda each time, which I know weren't mine because I was sailing solo and never buy anything from the minibar. On my last cruise, I had the steward clean out the minibar on the first day, and I did not get the mysterious post-cruise charge.

I wonder how many people get charged and don't bother complaining. $12.37 x 2000 rooms = a lot of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We empty our fridge and put a note on the cabinet door. We are most often on B2Bs and still had charges while on the ship or when we get home. VERY annoying!!