HAL Muster Drill

Bosch

Usually, but we met some people at the Ocean Bar on the Eurodam post drill in December, who were on a B2B and did NOT have to attend.

You'll find out in your turn around packet midway through the first week.

Usually, but we met some people at the Ocean Bar on the Eurodam post drill in December, who were on a B2B and did NOT have to attend.

You'll find out in your turn around packet midway through the first week.

Thank-you.

Does HAL require passengers to attend the Muster Drill prior to the 2nd leg of a B2B cruise?

No, as we did not on a BtoBtoB 21 day Caribbean cruise in December on the Eurodam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on a B2B on the Koningsdam in Dec and attended both. They are held inside. I was told by the 1st officer that each ship that musters "outside" have the option of allowing B2B passengers to skip the muster if they already attended. He said it's the safety officer and captains call.

We've never been provided that option but really don't mind multiple muster drills.

Repitition is good for adult learners!

We did the Eurodam B2B2B over New Years & did not have to attend the other 2 muster drills. Having done other B2B cruises before this was the first time we only had to attend the first one. Although we have no problem if we had to attend muster for each segment.

Allan

My limited experience has been that we were not required to attend the muster drill after the initial one when we first boarded. After 30 days there is sometimes another drill. We had a second drill on the Grand Med last year and the Grand South America this year on the Prinsendam. We didn't have a second drill on last year's Tales of the South Pacific, 53 days, on the Amsterdam.

We have done many back-to-back cruises and Collector Cruises.

Years ago we did have to attend the second one. Then a couple of years later we were told that we didn't have to attend the second one. Then the Concordia accident happened and we had to attend all muster drills.

Sounds like HAL has changed the rules again.

Keep in mind we were recently told these musters are not so much for the passengers, but rather for the crews to assure they are trained and on top of what they need to do. All we have to do is show up and keep quiet.

Getting everyone out on deck and accounted for is critical for even the crews safety so they don't have to be sent back inside to find any strays. Patiently being able to stand on deck, making your ID known in a calm manner, and then waiting quietly for crew instructions could become critical and worth the practice sessions that are asked of us ..heaven forbid.

I appreciate no longer having to show up twice or three times on longer cruises, but I did gain a new respect for the task learning these drills are for the crews benefit, far more than for us.

We were on a 39-day cruise on the Maasdam this January/February, Sydney to San Diego, and when new passengers boarded in Auckland we all had to attend a mandatory muster drill. Maybe it varies from ship to ship or itinerary to itinerary...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only had to attend the first muster drill on the Nieuw Amsterdam of the first of three cruise legs April 2016. It was a great time to take ship photos with no other passengers in the public areas.

If you are excused, there will be a letter provided stating such.

I had to attend only the first muster drill on my 39 day series of four successive cruises. Even though this exceeded the 30-day rule Cheng75 mentioned, the day of the 4th muster was well within those 30 days, as the last cruise was 13 days.

I did keep a low profile while others were at the drill though. I wouldn't want new passengers, especially any who didn't want to attend, to think that I was getting away with something they couldn't.