Did you know Celebrity can "bump" you from your cabin?

p18750

We just got notified by our travel agent today that we had been bumped from our cabin on the Transatlantic cruise from Miami to Southampton leaving on April 16. We booked this several months ago, had a cabin assignment, printed our Xpress pass, received luggage tags and our bags were packed but Celebrity has now given our cabin to someone else.

I had no idea this was even possible but apparently this is happening to several people on this cruise.

Yup, they did it to us a few years ago. We had booked a balcony cabin that was one of 4 similar cabins onboard. The balcony was humongous! It was located next door to a Royal suite. A week or so before sailing my travel agent notified me there had been a fire in that cabin so they were relocating us (of course, it was a less desirable balcony size). When we boarded, I decided to go check out our original cabin. It had a welcome letter on the bed welcoming my husband and me. So we went to Customer Relations to inquire why we were switched as there obviously had not been a fire in that cabin. The answer I got was that that cabin was taken out of inventory and it wasn't even on the manifest. Long story short, it turned out that a celebrity (Kate Jackson) had booked the Royal suite next door and didn't want anybody in the cabin on the other side so she booked both. Celebrity gave us a measly little $25/pp OBC.

We had booked a Concierge Class cabin on Celebrity Infinity. Cabin 6135. There are four of the same type Concierge Class cabins that flank the Royal Suites. They moved us to another Concierge class cabin, but it was on Deck 9 and just a regular size balcony. We had selected 6135 15 months in advance because of the super large balcony. what was upset us the most was that they lied to us

We were bumped from the entire cruise, not bumped from another cabin. Evidently Celebrity had overbooked the cruise and decided someone else should go instead of my wife and I.

WOW! I hope your compensation was generous. When Princess offers "move over" offers they are generally very generous as in a free cruise and more. Of course, they give you the option which it does not sound like Celebrity did.

We were bumped from the entire cruise, not bumped from another cabin. Evidently Celebrity had overbooked the cruise and decided someone else should go instead of my wife and I.

How awful this close to sailing time. Have they offered you any alternatives?

Wait. You were bumped from the entire sailing? This is a transatlantic? Did you lose air too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we were bumped from the entire sailing. We had purchased the cruise several months ago, checked in online, printed our Xpress pass, received our luggage tags and were packed and ready to fly out this Saturday. Celebrity says there are no cabins available for us now that they have given our cabin to someone else.

We never even considered this was even possible.

Yes, we were bumped from the entire sailing. We had purchased the cruise several months ago, checked in online, printed our Xpress pass, received our luggage tags and were packed and ready to fly out this Saturday. Celebrity says there are no cabins available for us now that they have given our cabin to someone else.

What are they offering you as compensation (besides a full refund)??

SO sorry to hear this has happened to you.

This is so awful. I am so sorry. For the life of me I do not understand why Celebrity did not try to make some "move over" offers. Princess does this very efficiently and effectively.

Yes, if the compensation offer is sweet enough you will get people to volunteer. The Princess reports of "move over offers" often sound so good you wish you would've received one! They can be like winning a lottery! Doesn't sound that way at all on X from the OP's description.

That is terrible!!! I didn't think they could do that! I hope you raised a big stink and I hope they are compensating you somehow!:eek:

I certainly wouldn't go down without a fight. Someone else recently posted that they weren't going to have a cabin, but were already in route to the port when they found out. They showed up and were given a cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it was April 1st I would be thinking you were trying to pull one over on us

I was thinking it kind of sounded like the United Airlines debacle that just occurred. I was hoping for a punch line when I read the OPs post.

DW and I were on the first part of a B2B and almost ready to move to our new cabin. A woman came to our cabin and told us that she would be in the cabin for the next cruise. Asked if she could leave some things in the safe and we said of course she could. Told us that she was a TA and had booked the cabin for both her cruises some time ago. We booked after her and that cabin was clearly available. Obviously a mistake made by Celebrity. Our loyalty level probably trumped her TA status and she was assigned a cabin in the same category. She was very understanding and realized that we were never told about the situation.

I was thinking it kind of sounded like the United Airlines debacle that just occurred. I was hoping for a punch line when I read the OPs post.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad we didn't hear of anyone getting dragged off the ship!!

I am shocked that this even happens. Once final payment is made, how can they give your cabin to someone else?

I hope that things get resolved for you positively.