I Belize in MAGIC! MITSUGIRLY revisits the Western Route. My Novel.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:04 PM.
Louisiana
402 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Great review as always Kim! I can’t wait to hear what you think about the Mexican Riviera.....I’ll be waiting for your review.

Happy Sailing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sheri :

NCL Pride of America 8/17
NCL Dawn 3/17
RCCL Allure of the Seas 9/16
NCL Dawn 4/16
RCCL Adventure of the Seas 9/15
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 5/15
RCCL Allure of the Seas 9/14
RCCL Serenade of the Seas - 3/14
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - 9/13
NCL Star - 3/13
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 09/12
NCL Spirit - 04/12
RCCL Serenade of the Seas - 09/11
NCL Spirit - 04/11
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - 08/09
NCL Dawn - 01/09
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas - 09/08
RCCL Voyager of the Seas - 04/08
NCL Pride of Hawaii - 08/07
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - 09/06
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - 09/05
NCL Dream - 04/05
NCL Star - 10/04
NCL Dream - 12/03
NCL Star - 05/03
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - 10/02
NCL Star - 05/02
Carnival Tropicale - 04/95
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - 08/93
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas - 08/92
RCCL Azure Seas - 07/91
Princess Sky - 06/90
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Luvmypups
Great review as always Kim! I can’t wait to hear what you think about the Mexican Riviera.....I’ll be waiting for your review.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you and glad you liked it. Actually we cancelled our MR cruise and have booked a southern cruise again (with 3 new ports for us).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
EPIC SPIRIT PEARL STAR JEWEL GETAWAY SUN SKY DAWN BREAKAWAY JADE EPIC
CARNIVAL:
Dream Pride Breeze Fascination Conquest Magic
ARUBA: Arashi Beaches Animals Sites
BAHAMAS:Great Stirrup Cay Half Moon Cay Blue Lagoon Melia Junkanoo Paradise
BARBADOS:Boatyard
BELIZE:Cavetubing Cavetubing Bannister Shark Ray Alley Goffs Rendezvous
BERMUDA: Horseshoe Snorkel Park Tobacco St Catherines Achilles Jet Ski/boat rental Warwick-Horseshoe Long Bay-Clearwater Tobacco Snorkel Park
COSTA MAYA:Almaplena Maya Chan Nohoch Blue KayBlueKay
COZUMEL:Chankanaab Dolphin Swim Chankanaab Nachi Playa Mia Sanchos Passion Island Palancar Money Bar Paradise
CURACAO Diving
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC:Saona
GRAND CAYMAN:Stingray Sandbar Stingrays, Rum Point
GRAND TURK:BohioGovernorsGibbs
ROATAN: LFKey LFK Maya Key West Bay ZiplineLFK scuba
SAN JUAN:Pamelas
ST KITTS:Reggae Carambola
ST LUCIA: Jalousie
ST MAARTEN:Orient & Maho Mullet Maho Divi Pinel
ST THOMAS:Saphhire Coki Linquist Coki
TORTOLA: Baths
Louisiana
402 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by mitsugirly
Thank you and glad you liked it. Actually we cancelled our MR cruise and have booked a southern cruise again (with 3 new ports for us).

You definitely can’t go wrong with the southern Caribbean, I would take it over the MR any day. Although the MR is a totally different experience and has its good points as well. Happy planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sheri :

NCL Pride of America 8/17
NCL Dawn 3/17
RCCL Allure of the Seas 9/16
NCL Dawn 4/16
RCCL Adventure of the Seas 9/15
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 5/15
RCCL Allure of the Seas 9/14
RCCL Serenade of the Seas - 3/14
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - 9/13
NCL Star - 3/13
RCCL Oasis of the Seas - 09/12
NCL Spirit - 04/12
RCCL Serenade of the Seas - 09/11
NCL Spirit - 04/11
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - 08/09
NCL Dawn - 01/09
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas - 09/08
RCCL Voyager of the Seas - 04/08
NCL Pride of Hawaii - 08/07
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - 09/06
RCCL Explorer of the Seas - 09/05
NCL Dream - 04/05
NCL Star - 10/04
NCL Dream - 12/03
NCL Star - 05/03
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - 10/02
NCL Star - 05/02
Carnival Tropicale - 04/95
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - 08/93
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas - 08/92
RCCL Azure Seas - 07/91
Princess Sky - 06/90
MD+ FL
10,821 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
The Jewel of the Seas is my favorite cruise ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
cool:Carol KC
Charter Member MFPPP - 2006
MOS/WGIG #104

Friend of Henry

NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14]Carnival Dream Jan. 14, 2016- Jan.24. CaribbeanNavigator of the Seas Jan. 29, 2017 Caribbean
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Luvmypups
You definitely can’t go wrong with the southern Caribbean, I would take it over the MR any day. Although the MR is a totally different experience and has its good points as well. Happy planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Yea, it sounds like it would be a big difference in experiences after reading up on it. I love the southern Caribbean and looking forward to it.

Originally posted by CAC104
The Jewel of the Seas is my favorite cruise ship!

Glad to hear you liked it so much Carol. Hopefully we will too...but any cruise is a good cruise to me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
BERMUDA: Horseshoe Snorkel Park Tobacco St Catherines Achilles Jet Ski/boat rental Warwick-Horseshoe Long Bay-Clearwater Tobacco Snorkel Park
COZUMEL:Chankanaab Dolphin Swim Chankanaab Nachi Playa Mia Sanchos Passion Island Palancar Money Bar Paradise
CURACAO Diving
23 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
So, we will start this review out a week before the cruise.

It was a HECTIC week! Anyone who follows my reviews knows that my daughter, Sakari, LOVES to draw. It's her life. She's very good at it. She has been tested the last 2 years and determined to be "gifted" in arts. I'm so proud of her. However, this time around was a little different. I received notice that her name was submitted to the gifted program and they were requiring an art portfolio to be submitted for consideration to the arts school program. She doesn't have a portfolio and I keep a majority of her work in tote(S) that I would have to frantically run around trying to locate some of her best work to submit.

The other issue was, this portfolio was to be submitted on the day we leave for vacation AND she was supposed to have an interview on the day we return from vacation. Mom-panic-mode kicked in.

I still needed to pack and double up on seeing patients for the week and now this.

It was a very long week, but we managed to be able to submit prior to that friday and they agreed to forgive her for not being able to make it to the interview. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If she's accepted, this means she will get to go to the arts school in 6th grade and automatically be enrolled in the arts high school.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!

Ok, next deadline for that week....Friendship/kindness rock painting. What? Never heard of it. However, there were a few people on our roll call for this cruise that does this and posted their rocks. I instantly fell in love...and thought this was right up Sakari's alley! I showed her and she immediately wanted to do some for the cruise.

We headed out to buy the supplies and came home that night and started painting.

She was loving this new "artsy" thing to do.

We had so much fun that we think we are going to make this an event that we do for every cruise.

This was the first batch, but we did a second batch later in the week and for some reason I don't think I got a picture of them.

Even Kolin, my youngest son, joined in one night and had some fun coming up with ideas to paint.

I guess people have groups all over the place that paint rocks and they leave them in areas for others to find. They either keep them or move them somewhere else. I believe they are meant to brighten someone's day. So, hopefully we would be able to do that for several people on the cruise.

I was watching a cruise video from ParoDeeJay, and saw that he found one of your friendship rocks! Scroll to 6:06...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf96x35tZRE
Indiana
387 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Brayden found a friend at the buffet. I have no idea where this came from or what they had to offer in there.

The hubby went to the bathroom and when he came out...everything was closed. Oops. He waited to long.

The safety drill was at 3:45pm and our meeting place was in one of the MDR. We sat down and was told to move that we were in the "special section". Wellllll excuuuuse me. I guess I'm not special after all.

The safety drill started and several voices gave us instructions on what to do in case we sunk, were attacked by pirates or any other odd things. This safety briefing was brought to you by Reverend Doctor E and he was HILARIOUS! So many voices and had people laughing during the entire drill. I love when they add a little bit of humor into it. I feel like it keeps people interested and listening and he definitely had the attention of all the guests. The drill started at 3:42 and ended at 3:45pm. Quickest, most entertaining drill ever!

After the drill we headed outside to watch the sailaway.

We met a couple and hung out with them for a little while as we pulled out. It was their first cruise and they were so excited asking all kinds of questions about the ports and such. She was a nurse...of course. I'm completely convinced that cruising is all nurses do. Every cruise there are so many of them. The weird thing is, we never seen this couple again during the cruise.

We headed down to the lido to dance all the cool dances they do at sailaway. It took awhile to locate Kendra. After the dancing was over, papaw Sam danced with Kam and she had a great time.

Being a nurse also, I love to cruise and it is my way to escape work and detach. we work extra to pay for our cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

North Carolina
30 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Thank you Kim for such a wonderful review!!! We just booked this exact cruise for May 19th yesterday! All these ports will be new to us other than Cozumel (been there many times). Do you have any excursion suggestions for 1st timers to Belize/Costa Maya/Roatan, et. al.? Thank you so much again!

Joan R.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Magic - May 2018
Carnival Vista - December 2016
Carnival Fantasy - November 2015
Carnival Breeze - May 2014
Carnival Magic - March 2012
Carnival Conquest - March 2009
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas - 2005
Carnival Celebration - 2001
Ohio
214 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
[quote=mitsugirly;54666122]

We were told that we would be headed to snorkel the "wall". Now when someone tells me "wall" I just instantly freak out. Remember Sakari hanging out over the wall in Curacao when we went scuba diving? Yea, walls completely freak me out. So I was definitely making sure that Sakari was keeping her life jacket on.

It looked to be getting deeper over that way.

There were places to the left of us that were fairly shallow. To the right...was the "wall"

They kept motioning us to move out...as in toward the wall and away from the shallow coral. No, no, no, I don't want to go that way.

I am so excited to read another review from you. I'm going to tell you as soon as I saw it, I thought about the scuba trip and the wall. I remember almost having a panic attack while reading. hahahaha I am starting to feel anxiety and can't see how this turns out. Again, she is one brave little girl!!! Must be the Buckeye in her!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!!
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by bdrmeister
I was watching a cruise video from ParoDeeJay, and saw that he found one of your friendship rocks! Scroll to 6:06...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf96x35tZRE
Yep, it has been pointed out already. How amazing is that that someone found one and it's actually in THEIR review. I (and especially Sakari) was so happy to see this.

Originally posted by sealpup
Being a nurse also, I love to cruise and it is my way to escape work and detach. we work extra to pay for our cruises.
Absolutely! We have a very hard career (not to downplay anyone else's career because everyone is important) but I personally work 7 days a week and I HAVE to have my 3-4 vacations a year just to survive.

Originally posted by mjrcruiser
Thank you Kim for such a wonderful review!!! We just booked this exact cruise for May 19th yesterday! All these ports will be new to us other than Cozumel (been there many times). Do you have any excursion suggestions for 1st timers to Belize/Costa Maya/Roatan, et. al.? Thank you so much again!

Joan R.
Thanks so much for the comments and glad that you enjoyed it.

As for suggestions, what type of things are you looking for? (Obviously knowing most of my endeavors consist of beach/water/snorkeling, so keep that in mind that this is what I usually suggest )

Originally posted by atj1971
I am so excited to read another review from you. I'm going to tell you as soon as I saw it, I thought about the scuba trip and the wall. I remember almost having a panic attack while reading. hahahaha I am starting to feel anxiety and can't see how this turns out. Again, she is one brave little girl!!! Must be the Buckeye in her!!
Yes, when it comes to the water...she is very brave. She asks all the time when are we going to dive with SHARKS! She's crazy. The other night she said she wanted to try cave diving...um, I'm instantly freaking out and I said "You realize it's dark in there right?" She said "Yea, but I'll have a light...it'll be fun". I'm going with a big negative on that one...at least for me (and for her for quite some time). yikes!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
830 Posts
Joined Sep 2008

If you get a chance to sail the Breeze, do it. I loved that ship and it's still my favorite Carnival ship.
Kim,
Awesome review!! I've read a number of your reviews over the years and always enjoy them. We've cruised the western route quite a few times, and I enjoy comparing our experiences/excursions to yours. Chankanaab is our favorite place to snorkel so far.

Also, the Breeze is our favorite Carnival ship too. We've cruised the Vista but still prefer the Breeze. I can't wait until it homeports in Port Canaveral.

Take care and thanks again for the review.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy0810
---------------------
Carnival Fantasy - Booked, Carnival Magic - September 2017, Carnival Vista - February 2017, Carnival Magic - October 2016, Carnival Victory - February 2016, Carnival Breeze - September 2015, Carnival Victory - January 2015, RC Enchantment of the Seas - November 2014, Carnival Legend - August 2014, Carnival Victory - January 2014, Carnival Dream - October 2013, Carnival Victory - February 2013, Carnival Dream - September 2012, Carnival Paradise - January 2012, Carnival Dream - October 2011, Carnival Elation - February 2011, Carnival Dream - October 2010, RC Monarch of the Seas - January 2010, Carnival Sensation - March 2009, Carnival Destiny - October 2008, RC Sovereign of the Seas - August 2006, Carnival Inspiration - October 2005, Carnival Glory - August 2003, RC Sovereign of the Seas - September 2001, Carnival Imagination - June 2001, Carnival Fantasy - June 1998, Carnival Fantasy - August 1996
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by Happy0810
Kim,
Awesome review!! I've read a number of your reviews over the years and always enjoy them. We've cruised the western route quite a few times, and I enjoy comparing our experiences/excursions to yours. Chankanaab is our favorite place to snorkel so far.

Also, the Breeze is our favorite Carnival ship too. We've cruised the Vista but still prefer the Breeze. I can't wait until it homeports in Port Canaveral.

Aww thanks and glad you enjoy them. Chank is probably my favorite snorkeling in Cozumel but doesn't compare to some of the other Caribbean islands. So amazing!

I haven't got a chance to sail the Vista yet...maybe some day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
Gallatin, TN
484 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Absolutely! We have a very hard career (not to downplay anyone else's career because everyone is important) but I personally work 7 days a week and I HAVE to have my 3-4 vacations a year just to survive.
Like you, I work 7 days a week and really need vacations to stay somewhat normal! Thank you for such amazing reviews!!!

I have one Aruba question: How far apart are Arashi and Boca Catalina? Can you easily walk between them? I have 5 year old twins. My two can swim, but are nowhere near Sakari in terms of strong swimming at this point. I LOVE snorkeling and photographing what I see, but I also want the kids to enjoy the beach (husband is somewhere in between). What would be our best option? Or should we do a tour to see the flamingos and butterflies before the beach? I've read a ton but can't decide!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas, May 2017
Carnival Dream, September 2016
Carnival Victory, April 2011
Disney Magic, May 2009 (32nd Birthday Cruise)
Carnival Destiny, May 2007 (30th Birthday Cruise)
Carnival Miracle, August 2006 (Honeymoon)
Disney Magic, September 2005
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by lucyddr
Like you, I work 7 days a week and really need vacations to stay somewhat normal! Thank you for such amazing reviews!!!

I have one Aruba question: How far apart are Arashi and Boca Catalina? Can you easily walk between them? I have 5 year old twins. My two can swim, but are nowhere near Sakari in terms of strong swimming at this point. I LOVE snorkeling and photographing what I see, but I also want the kids to enjoy the beach (husband is somewhere in between). What would be our best option? Or should we do a tour to see the flamingos and butterflies before the beach? I've read a ton but can't decide!
Aww thanks for the compliments.

Arashi and Boca are next to each other. Although we didn't walk (because we had a car) it could (and has) been easily done. You can even swim between the two.

For snorkeling, I would definitely go to Boca and if the kids are into snorkeling, it's a great place for them too. Going out from Boca was super easy and pretty shallow almost all the way there. If they can swim, they could probably go along with you and if they get tired, for most of the way you could easily stand up and hold them up to rest. The beach itself is pretty small though but we liked it (so much that we went back another time during our stay).

Arashi is a very nice beach and pretty and easy to swim in. You can also go over to the snorkeling area from there but I found it a lot harder to do. It's the kind of area where it's hard to enter the water over by the snorkeling because of so many huge rocks and coral and then you can get into areas that are hard to maneuver and get stuck and cut. I just really didn't enjoy going to the snorkeling from Arashi, but that may just be me.

Depending on how long you are going to be there...if you want to see the butterflies, you should probably go there first. I would say you could spend about 1 or 1 1/2 hours there and then on to Boca/Arashi.

I'm not sure what flamingo's you are referring to?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
39 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
BELIZE: Tuesday 8-5pm

I had set my alarm for 7am but was wide awake at 6:45am. What is wrong with me? I'm not a morning person. Someone has taken over my body! Kendra was up shortly after me and we all headed down to the buffet for some breakfast.

The scrambled eggs were a little better this morning but I opted for some french toast...just in case. THERE WAS NO BACON POLICE THIS MORNING! Say what??? Did an irate passenger capture them and tie them up for the remainder of the cruise? We could only hope! I loaded up...and no I don't waste any of it. Bacon=heaven and I don't eat a lot of it at home so this is my "treat" week.

We were pulling in on time and the birds were welcoming us. Sakari believes she's a bird whisperer and brought them in closer to the ship.

We headed back to the room to grab our things and knew that we needed to meet in the theater for our excursion.

On the way there, Sakari left another friendship rock.

We needed to meet at 8:30am and I didn't want to be late. Kendra is getting a little better at being closer to "on time" for things these days. Not necessarily "on time" but "close to".

We booked the Snorkeling Wonders of The Barrier Reef Excursion with Carnival. Now everyone knows that I normally DO NOT book excursions with the cruise lines if I don't have to. There has to be a good reason to book with them (for instance in Belize, since it's a tender port, some excursions booked with them will leave directly from the ship and no tender needed).

This excursion did leave directly from the ship and we did not tender over. However, this would not be the reason we decided to book with Carnival. We booked because there was NO local vendors that went to where we wanted to go: Rendezvous Caye. Seriously...no vendors at all other than the cruise ships. I wonder how they managed that!

Previously we booked with a local vendor to go to Goffs Caye, which is very similar to Rendezvous Caye. They both are very tiny little islands situated in the middle of no where. They are very primitive but I believe that Rendezvous did seem a little nicer with more there than Goffs.

So, I just knew I had to go there. The price of the excursion was $74.99 per adult and $59.99 per child. I personally don't think that it's too bad of a price but did know that it didn't include anything other than transporting you there and back and the snorkel equipment if needed. There's no lunch or beverages included. But to experience this place was worth it because I truly enjoyed going to Goffs Caye last time.

The excursion is supposed to be for 4 hours and everyone knows that when you take a ship sponsored tour, traveling to and from is included in that time. Therefore making the time at the island extremely short. This is another reason that I never book ship excursions.

They did have food, snacks and drinks available for purchase there.

It was supposed to be a 40 minute boat ride each way.

I loved your entire review. We are going on the Magic in April and your review was perfect to get me ready for all my planning. I realize you went with a ship excursion in Belize so I am not sure you will be able to answer my question or not. In the Funtimes it states that the ship always remains on port of departure time not local time. So for Belize we are in port 8am-5pm. Do you know if these times are still ship time? So it is actually 6am-3pm local time?
OH
24,743 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by mickeyhereicome
I loved your entire review. We are going on the Magic in April and your review was perfect to get me ready for all my planning. I realize you went with a ship excursion in Belize so I am not sure you will be able to answer my question or not. In the Funtimes it states that the ship always remains on port of departure time not local time. So for Belize we are in port 8am-5pm. Do you know if these times are still ship time? So it is actually 6am-3pm local time?

Honestly, I never really pay attention to local time for the fact that what matters to me is ship time and I never adjust my clocks because I need to know what time it is on the ship to get back in time. Most of the vendors and shops know what time the ships are in port and are usually open so that they can make money (if that's the reason you are asking). Yes, the 8-5pm will be ship time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL:
CARNIVAL:
CURACAO Diving
NoVA
1,250 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Another excellent review!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Liberty 2/18/12 -Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Glory 12/9/12 -Western Caribbean
RCI Independence of the Seas 2/24/13 -Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor 12/1/13 -Southern Caribbean Photo Review
Carnival Victory 3/31/14 -Eastern Caribbean Photo Review
Carnival Splendor 11/1/14 -Southern Caribbean, Repositioning Photo Review
Carnival Breeze 3/28/15 -Southern Caribbean Photo Review (links)
Carnival Liberty 11/1/15 -Southern Caribbean Photo Review (links)
RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/17/16 -Western Caribbean Photo Review (links)
Carnival Pride 9/18/16 - Bermuda
Carnival Vista 10/11/16 - Mediterranean
Carnival Pride 1/2/17 - Baltimore to Tampa "Journey"
MSC Poesia 3/11/17 - Southern Caribbean
UPCOMING:

-Carnival Fascination - 4/22/18 - 7 Day Southern Caribbean
-MSC Preziosa - 12/8/18 - 7 Day Southern Caribbean
6 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Originally posted by Happy0810
Kim,

Is the Breeze coming to Port Canaveral? My fav ship in my home port would be awesome!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Minnesota
68 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Hello. I really enjoyed following your review. It caught my attention as we will be on the Magic in March and will be doing the same port of calls as you did. I have one question for you as you seem to be quite the snorkeling expert. We will be traveling with our 7 yr old Granddaughter. This will be her 3 time cruising with us. I would like to introduce her to snorkeling, or should I say all of us as my husband and I have never done this either. I see a lot of excursions that offer this, but I am looking for casual, shallow water with some instruction. We are booked at Little French Key in Roatan, Also my husband and friend are going fishing in Costa Maya, and we are doing cave and zoo in Belize. This only leaves open Cozumel and possibly Costa Maya as it is a short excursion for the guys, but our lady friend is not a water baby, so she would not enjoy the snorkeling experience. Would you have suggestions as to where we should try this experience? I do not care about the $ end of it, but more important is the location, and experience. My granddaughter is not a strong swimmer, but she is getting better at it. I used to be, but am more cautious at this point in my life.
1 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Thanks so much for your detailed reviews, I've been reading them for days!! I'm heading to Cozumel with my husband and two boys (ages 7 and 9) in February... My husband would like to snorkel, I myself like the pool a bit more, and the kiddos just want to PLAY! We're trying to decide between Chankanaab, Paradise, or Playa Mia. You've been to them all - Wondering which one you would choose?