Allure of the Seas - Upgrade Fairy for a fee

jalee7

I just received an email from Royal saying there is a possibility that I can be upgraded. However its for an additional cost. It said I just need to add my name to the list. I want an upgrade but I don't want to pay a fee. Has anyone received this before. I thought the upgrade fairy is suppose to be free :D:D:)

I just received an email from Royal saying there is a possibility that I can be upgraded. However its for an additional cost. It said I just need to add my name to the list. I want an upgrade but I don't want to pay a fee. Has anyone received this before. I thought the upgrade fairy is suppose to be free :D:D:)

I just got the same email for our 4/1 cruise. I put myself on the waitlist just for kicks although I am sure we won't get the call. Already in an OV balcony on deck 9 so it's not the end of the world.

Side note, their IT department is at it again. The email was sent to me, addressed to my wife with her C/A number. Almost as good as when they send the invoices to the attention of one of my 10 year old daughters!

This is not the Upgrade Fairy. She has gone into the Witness Protection Program.

This is her ugly stepsister, the Upsell Fairy.

Apparently now she won't even talk to you directly. She wants you to leave a voicemail, and she'll get back to you if she feels like it.

:o:eek:

You got the upsell fairy, not the upgrade fairy. I would not get on that list unless they give you the option to decline once you know the price and stateroom.

Edited by Host Clarea

for us it was an option to go from OV Balcony 9610 to the waiting list for a JS at a cost of $1,300 all in. The way I understand it is that I can still decline if and when they call. Just keeping my options open in case I suddenly stumble across a lot of loose change. :D

This is not the Upgrade Fairy. She has gone into the Witness Protection Program.

This is her ugly stepsister, the Upsell Fairy.

Apparently now she won't even talk to you directly. She wants you to leave a voicemail, and she'll get back to you if she feels like it.

:o:eek:

With Princess you have to call and leave a message if you get an up-sell offer. Other lines might do the same thing.

for us it was an option to go from OV Balcony 9610 to the waiting list for a JS at a cost of $1,300 all in. The way I understand it is that I can still decline if and when they call. Just keeping my options open in case I suddenly stumble across a lot of loose change. :D
That sounds like a lot to me

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I got an email from the upsell fairy as well. In my case we're in a large interior, and offer is for an ocean view balcony for $50. Unfortunately, I'm not sailing alone; we have a block of 3 staterooms, two connecting for me, my wife and kids, and the grandparents next door. I doubt they have three adjacent OV they'd offer, so I'll pass.

I got an email from the upsell fairy as well. In my case we're in a large interior, and offer is for an ocean view balcony for $50. Unfortunately, I'm not sailing alone; we have a block of 3 staterooms, two connecting for me, my wife and kids, and the grandparents next door. I doubt they have three adjacent OV they'd offer, so I'll pass.

That's an excellent deal!

That's an excellent deal!

If my MIL got the same offer I'm going to encourage her to take it. I need the adjoining rooms for my kids, but having grandma and grandpa close at hand is a "nice to have" that is easily trumped by gaining indirect access to a balcony for the family...

Now that's a good deal!!

Being a grandparent I say..What the hey.. take the upgrade and put the grandparents into it, once on board they don't care who is in what cabin. PS; be sure to leave your cc on the cabin, I know I would consider it a gift from above.

Your confusing the Upgrade Fairy with the Upsell Fairy her cousin. Go ahead and add your name. You can always say No. On weird occasions the deals are worth it.

I just received the email offer, too. Interesting, because there have been no available balcony cabins on my cruise in at least four months. Perhaps if they upsell a balcony cruiser, they will try to upsell me. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A friend took the upsell to a JS thinking of getting double points.

Later he found out the double points didn't go with his upsell.

If you are interested in the upsell to a JS and also want the double points, it might be a good idea to make sure the double points go with it.

We received the Upsell Fairy email today too........to a JS - the suites on our cruise have been 'sold' out for months as well.....so not sure the Upsell will ever appear.....but if it does, I will be sure to ask about the double points "if" it happens. Thanks for the heads up.

We got an upsell the old fashioned way... got a phone call from Royal last week offering to upsell our Junior Suite for a Grand Suite for what I thought was a ridiculously high upsale price. Said it was too high and just as a joke, countered with a ridiculously low one before getting ready to hang up. I was shocked when the agent countered with a price right in the middle of the two. So, hopping on the Anthem Saturday and going to enjoy our Grand Suite.

Tim

A friend took the upsell to a JS thinking of getting double points.

Later he found out the double points didn't go with his upsell.

If you are interested in the upsell to a JS and also want the double points' date=' it might be a good idea to make sure the double points go with it.[/quote']

This is a good point and worth mentioning. Maybe it will change in the future, but many people have reported just what you said. My only additional comment is about making sure the double points go with it. I don't know I would trust a Customer Service Rep/Revenue officer's statement that it would. Based on that thought, I'd take a reasonable upset to a full suite and get those immediate benefits, but I don't know if I would take an upsell to JS for just the bathtub/closet. I did get a free upgrade to a JS once and I can confirm I only got the single points.