3 Months

That is what the Roatan authorities are estimating the repair time for the pier. Despite the claims in the PR release by MSC, the damage is far more extensive. I would think it the repairs were left to the Honduran Government, it could take years but I get a feeling that MSC, NCL RCI and others will press to get it done within the time frame. Before NCL built the original pier, Roatan was a best kept secret for divers. But, once cruiselines began coming, the economy has dramatically improved, tons of Europeans and North Americans have built homes. 3 months! Probably see more itineraries adding Belize into the rotation more often.

PS...no facts, just my own speculation.

That is what the Roatan authorities are estimating the repair time for the pier. Despite the claims in the PR release by MSC, the damage is far more extensive. I would think it the repairs were left to the Honduran Government, it could take years but I get a feeling that MSC, NCL RCI and others will press to get it done within the time frame. Before NCL built the original pier, Roatan was a best kept secret for divers. But, once cruiselines began coming, the economy has dramatically improved, tons of Europeans and North Americans have built homes. 3 months! Probably see more itineraries adding Belize into the rotation more often.

PS...no facts, just my own speculation.

That's too bad, Roatan is one of the nicer Western Carib port stops for snorkeling.

In the case of the MC Allure of the Seas of the Royal Caribbean company, which was scheduled to arrive on May 10 for the first time in Roatan, has canceled its arrival. The ship is considered to be the second largest ship in the world, with the ability to accommodate more than 6000 passengers onboard. The Allure will remove Roatan from its itinerary for the remainder of this season.

In the case of the MC Allure of the Seas of the Royal Caribbean company, which was scheduled to arrive on May 10 for the first time in Roatan, has canceled its arrival. The ship is considered to be the second largest ship in the world, with the ability to accommodate more than 6000 passengers onboard. The Allure will remove Roatan from its itinerary for the remainder of this season.

What's considered "this season." End of the year? Beginning of Summer?

I just booked a private excursions yesterday for our October cruise... wonder when we’ll find out. The itinerary still shows Roatan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are supposed to call on Roatan NEXT week (9 days)......... we still haven't heard anything.

Santo Tomas de Castilla in Guatemala is a possible alternative port until repairs are made. I am not sure if the port there has a limit on the size of the ships they can handle. NCL and HAL make regular stops there.

Otherwise, Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel or Grand Cayman are likely substitutions, if not already on the scheduled itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums