Weather on a November Crossing

cruzqueen2

Hello Everyone We are planning a round trip TA crossing in November 2019..We will be visiting Southampton and Belgium

I see the average temperature for those 2 countries is 50 degrees Fahrenheit. How cold is it during the crossing? Thanks

Difficult to predict but my guesses would be cold, wet & windy.

Plenty to do indoors fortunately.

That's a pretty good summation of what you might expect during November. I've experienced November crossings where the seas were, as Capt. Bates was wont to say, "Quite boisterous!"

Last November we did the roundtrip to the Caribbean (QV), and on both the outward and homeward journeys we had terrific storms and that was on a much more southerly route. In January of this year, the QV world voyage, we unexpectedly took refuge in the Azores, and missed Bermuda as the ship was running so late, before reaching Florida. This was probably the fiercest weather we have encountered on a crossing and we have certainly made a few!

You could find it is very cold and flat calm, or have weather associated with an "Indian Summer". Who knows? It is all part of the anticipation, but being on the QM2 will be wonderful, whatever.

Hi,

I did a westbound crossing on the QM2 in November 2014. In general, the seas were fairly rough and it was cold and windy. However, it was sunny during a couple of the days. As noted above, there is plenty to do inside this ship. I had a wonderful time.

Chuck

I am doing a back to back TA sailing on 4 November this year, so looking forward to finding out what the weather has in store. My last TA involved the remains of a hurricane. An interesting few days as I was a long way forward and the ship was pitching quite a bit.

As the saying goes 'you pay your money and you take your chance'.

We've only done one November crossing, all the others have been December/January, and as I recall it was cold but the sea was reasonably calm. I think we even managed to sit outside for a couple of hours mid-Atlantic, albeit dressed in heavy jumpers!!!