Sneakers?

GoingAway9

How many people actually wear sneakers on their cruise? I am a college student and wear flip flops pretty much every day of my life (except at work).

Considering that, do you think I really need them? I know I won't go to the gym on my vaca, so is there anything I'm missing that might require them??

You don't need to wear sneakers while parasailing, do you? That's the only thing I could think of that might force me to bring sneakers along...

Flip flops will be find for walking around during the daytime. Just be sure to bring a nice shoe for dinnertime.

And be cautious walking on deck. Decks can be sllippery (more so when wet). I've slipped several times, and fallen a few times too in flipflops. Don't even bring them now, except for beach time and walking around the cabin (but I'm a bit older than you I suspect) ;).

Flip flops will be find for walking around during the daytime. Just be sure to bring a nice shoe for dinnertime.

And be cautious walking on deck. Decks can be sllippery (more so when wet). I've slipped several times, and fallen a few times too in flipflops. Don't even bring them now, except for beach time and walking around the cabin (but I'm a bit older than you I suspect) ;).

Get yourself a pair of Crocs (Ugly yes, but you won't be slipping by the pool area):D

Get yourself a pair of Crocs (Ugly yes, but you won't be slipping by the pool area):D

Hello

Ok you must know something that I do not know, because when I wear my Crocs and there is water on the floor wow they are the worst shoes to wear as you can slip really bad wearing them , so how do you not fall , because I love them as well

I suggest you take "water shoes" for any beach activity rather than flip-flops. As evidenced by the shoreline tide piles of debris, flip flops tend to be easily parted from. I always bring athletic shoes/walking shoes for excursion use. Many places have uneven paths and flip flops would make the walking more risky, plus as others have said, beware of water on the floors of the ship.

DH always wants to do some kind of excursion where we have to walk or hike or do some other form of physical exertion that requires at least sneakers; hiking boots are better. :( I'd rather lie on a beach.

It really depends on what you are doing.

Archived