2010-2011 Winter Collection

dino2067

On a lighter note, I received some “teaser” information from a TA regarding Oceania’s soon to be released 2010-2011 Winter Collection. No complete itins released as of yet(not until 9-15 it seems) but looks like there are thirty new ports of call including two new in the US...Charleston, South Carolina and Williamsburg (Yorktown), Virginia. Enjoy!

Kathleen

Winter 2010-2011.pdf

That explains why my excellent itineraries were not chosen for the idol contest - O is not going to Australia in 2010-11.

Otherwise I am certain at least one, if not both, would have been chosen as they were clearly the best icon12.gif

Oceania, you are forgiven.

More importantly, I am glad that we are doing that itinerary this winter!

......... - O is not going to Australia in 2010-11.

That's not yet cast in stone. Remember there's still Marina!;)

I am , for the moment, disappointed with not having Australia in this new itinerary, but there's hope that Marina may do Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. Marina has faster speed and is more fuel efficient, meant for voyages with longer distance of travel. I remember the general manager on my previous O cruise said Marina was planned to do exotic voyages.

That's not yet cast in stone. Remember there's still Marina!;)

I remember the general manager on my previous O cruise said Marina was planned to do exotic voyages.

That is what we are all hoping for....

BTW, if they do go to Australia, Oceania is NOT forgiven for not chosing my itinerary icon10.gif

Where did you see the new itineraries or are you just guessing they will not be going there? :confused:

See the attachment in the first post on this thread.

This is a quote from there:

AFRICA AND ASIA Nautica will journey from Asia to Europe by way of Africa for the first time with two long cruises. Her 30-day voyage from Istanbul to Cape Town is followed by a 35-day cruise from Cape Town to Singapore . We’ve added some additional exploration in Asia and will be foregoing any Australia/New Zealand voyages for the season.

See the attachment in the first post on this thread.

This is a quote from there:

AFRICA AND ASIA Nautica will journey from Asia to Europe by way of Africa for the first time with two long cruises. Her 30-day voyage from Istanbul to Cape Town is followed by a 35-day cruise from Cape Town to Singapore . We’ve added some additional exploration in Asia and will be foregoing any Australia/New Zealand voyages for the season.

Thanks I missed the last bit :D it was late when I looked at the attachment

"and will be foregoing any Australia/New Zealand voyages for the season"

You mean that's not cast in stone? ;)

When Marina's itinerary comes out in the first quarter of 2010, it'll be called something else.:confused:

...here are more specific details on the 2010-2011 winter collection itins that I was able to locate...Enjoy! :D

If this is what's in the works for early 2011, looks like DW & I will spend the first quarter in either Mexico or Hawaii.

If this is what's in the works for early 2011, looks like DW & I will spend the first quarter in either Mexico or Hawaii.
Given the existing conditions, I would say Hawaii will be more desirable. I copied and pasted the following from another poster on a neighbouring column about Mexican Riviera voyages:

There are a few reasons why these two cruises may be so underbooked. First of all, Mexico has suffered from the reports of drug violence, even in tourist havens such as Cancun. Also, the swine flu outbreak was first discovered there, and Mexico was very much affected - even though the effects of this strain are not much different from the regular flu. These two factors could be keeping people away...

Given the existing conditions, I would say Hawaii will be more desirable. I copied and pasted the following from another poster on a neighbouring column about Mexican Riviera voyages:

There are a few reasons why these two cruises may be so underbooked. First of all, Mexico has suffered from the reports of drug violence, even in tourist havens such as Cancun. Also, the swine flu outbreak was first discovered there, and Mexico was very much affected - even though the effects of this strain are not much different from the regular flu. These two factors could be keeping people away...

Meow, do you EVER have ANYthing positive to say?

Debbie_Downer.jpg

The only cruises that spark any interest for us are the Antarctica voyage or the Caribbean/Bermuda/Old South cruise.

I think we'll wait to see what they have in store for Marina. Interesting to note that Regatta ends her winter season in LA in May. I'm guessing she'll head to Alaska or the Orient after that?

I have to say I'm very disappointed.

It's far in advance (November 2011- January 2012), but we

were planning for a big trip (50th anniversary) and were

hoping to go from Istanbul to Aukland, by way of Singapore

and Sydney. That itinerary looked perfect, and now it's gone.

We've been to Africa have no interest in revisiting.

My only hope is that Marina will reintroduce the trip.

Les

Hi Les, I know it's a big disappointment - but what about doing it this year. You can still book a cabin. We're sailing on the December 20, 2009 and the January 7, 2010 - Singapore to Aukland. think about it. Arlene

I have to say I'm very disappointed.

It's far in advance (November 2011- January 2012), but we

were planning for a big trip (50th anniversary) and were

hoping to go from Istanbul to Aukland, by way of Singapore

and Sydney. That itinerary looked perfect, and now it's gone.

We've been to Africa have no interest in revisiting.

My only hope is that Marina will reintroduce the trip.

Les

...here are more specific details on the 2010-2011 winter collection itins that I was able to locate...
Thanks for this sneak peek. I like some of the revised Asia itineraries on Nautica & look forward to the day-by-day detail. But I'm stuck trying to decode the "Fare Type" header. Any thoughts? :confused::confused:

Meow, do you EVER have ANYthing positive to say?
Yes, most of the time. The following is copied and pasted from my immediate previous posting on a neighbouring thread on this same Oceania column, just as an example. By the way, my posting you were referring to was comparing Hawaii with Mexican Riviera, and I was quoting someone else's reasoning, and by inference favouring Hawaii. What is negative about that?

-------------------

The Electra Hotel (a local four star) on Emou Street in Athens has the most convenient location right on the popular shopping street. It is also close to the brand name shopping core (just several blocks away across a main thoroughfare). It is where the tourist trolley starts and stops, and its rate is very reasonable, at 160 euros including breakfast and taxes.

Thanks for this sneak peek. I like some of the revised Asia itineraries on Nautica & look forward to the day-by-day detail. But I'm stuck trying to decode the "Fare Type" header. Any thoughts? :confused::confused:

When the itineraries are officially released, there will be columns of fares ranging from type A (the lowest) to type S. Because more than one cruise may share the same prices, it's easiest to key each cruise to a specific fare type. The columns for each fare type will cover the fares for each type of cabin.

Archived